It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Families Belong Together - Illogical Nationwide Protests on June 30th 2018.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

read
its been a problem for years .

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH

They raise them to hate the US and any country that helps the US, they don't know why anymore but it all comes back to that time that something happened, they don't have good education, you took it out from them

You keep looking away

I'm fully aware, trust me. I went into the military in 1980 and I'm still apart of it all. I'm not going to say America is some nice country, so no debate there. I just do not understand your connection here to the mass numbers coming in illegally that is basically what this topic here is about.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

This is bad and sad, i don't know what to say

Do you put this same emotion into the plight that been going on in Darfur for a decade or two? How about the 2 million homeless kids in Brazil? Easy to point fingers. If we let 100,000 kids into the US where do they go? We got a million or two homeless on our streets too... Sometimes I think foreigners are dense in thinks there is some magic wand in america to make everything all good...lol

I was 7 a decade ago i did not even know. I know better now, you please don't assume things like that, i am not in the same situation, i just wasn't aware but i have better opinion now that i have seen all those places, i can see how they suffer and how it came to happen

No if you in the first place don't go and destroy a country then they will not look up to you for help, how is that not easy to understand?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

They raise them to hate the US and any country that helps the US, they don't know why anymore but it all comes back to that time that something happened, they don't have good education, you took it out from them

You keep looking away

I'm fully aware, trust me. I went into the military in 1980 and I'm still apart of it all. I'm not going to say America is some nice country, so no debate there. I just do not understand your connection here to the mass numbers coming in illegally that is basically what this topic here is about.

Because your country keeps bringing poor people into even more desperate situations until they have no choice but to look into going into the US because when your country first went by they told them all about "freedom" and so many nice things up there in the US and now they have nothing to eat and guns and murders and blood and they want to feel a bit of the "freedom" you told them about when they were just fine with their own way of living

Don't take away someone's way of living if you are going to later on drop them to the trash bin, at least be responsible for your own actions. They want retribution because you lead them to destroy their own country and then once you got all you could get out of them you drop them to the bin? They are asking for something back, don't you get it? How can it not be obvious

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I keep being dragged back here but i don't want to, please just let us move forward, this has no end ever.

I want to just don't think about it, i have seen so many bad things out there related to this conversation i just don't want to think about it anymore

Just please let it go, there are other lots of things to talk about, thanks and bye again

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Look if Joe blow gets caught selling smack on corner of block and he is a single parent you would not send his child to prison with him you would see child protective services step in and put child in a facility till foster parents or other family members could take child same thing happening at border people breaking in to our house so to speak and getting arrested for it just like they would in other countries around world so now you want children locked up in jail with parents instead of going somewhere that can handle the needs of children?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

No he did not he just had existing laws enforced like they were supposed to.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
One good thing about the protests, is that they should push Congress to take action on Immigration reform. That action will not be what the protestors want, but they are helping to get action taken.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
One good thing about the protests, is that they should push Congress to take action on Immigration reform. That action will not be what the protestors want, but they are helping to get action taken.

You mean liek President trump calling them a national security crisis and closing th eborder right? should be fine to do that now since the Supreme court upheld his travel ban.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

instead of a wall, we should work with mexico and build solar panels or wind turbines that go all 1900 miles of border. we can share in the cost of upkeep and share in the distribution of electricity, and share in the revenue.

win/win

a "wall" that generates jobs, electricity, and a working relationship with our southern neighbor.

edit on 1-7-2018 by subfab because: typo

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Carewemust, we know that's not going to happen. Democrats don't want immigration reform.

They use this issue like they used blacks for decades. It keeps their people stirred up and angry (thanks to the msm) and is perfect for left wing rhetoric during elections. The left are emotionally triggered and facts and common sense be damned!

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

read its been a problem for years .

Do you think that asylum seekers are a problem?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33

Actually, the existing law say that asylum seekers must be on US soil to apply, and that they are not to be charged with the crime of illegal entry unless their claim is found fraudulent. There's an international treaty whose protocols have been incorporated in US refugee/asylum laws.

Trump's "no tolerance" policy puts the cart before the horse, charging asylum seekers with a crime before a crime has been established.
edit on 1-7-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

You mean liek President trump calling them a national security crisis and closing th eborder right? should be fine to do that now since the Supreme court upheld his travel ban.

Keeping out the obvious violent personalities is essential.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Democrats don't want immigration reform.
House Republicans had two bills. House Republicans could not pass either one.
So, blame the Democrats. Makes sense. How many Republicans are in the House? How many Democrats?

The House rejected a Republican compromise bill on immigration Wednesday in a worse-than-expected 121-300 vote, effectively ending a months-long GOP drama that had put the conference’s internal politics on display.

The measure won far fewer GOP votes than a more hard-line measure rejected last week in a 193-231 vote.

thehill.com...

edit on 7/1/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Carewemust, we know that's not going to happen. Democrats don't want immigration reform.

They use this issue like they used blacks for decades. It keeps their people stirred up and angry (thanks to the msm) and is perfect for left wing rhetoric during elections. The left are emotionally triggered and facts and common sense be damned!

I was saying that due to the pressure from Left protests, Congress may be more inclined to act on immigration reform, than they would have been without the protests. Unfortunately, Congress is off this week. When they come back, there will be something else steeling the spotlight. Just like with all the big gun-control headlines before their Memorial Day vacation.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I could ask you the same question. You claim the protests are to open borders.
They are to reunite the families broken up by the morally defecient president.
And don't you blame congress when this wasn't how this was ever handled in the past and don't you dare say it's not trumps policy that has caused this because you'd be lying just like that bastard does.
No matter how you spin this it lands squarely on trumps doorstep. He's in charge now. Not Obama. It's his watch this happened on.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

If a law is so terrible that even enforcing it causes such distress, then why have it in the first place?

Ask Clinton since he signed it in 1997.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: proteus33

Actually, the existing law say that asylum seekers must be on US soil to apply, and that they are not to be charged with the crime of illegal entry unless their claim is found fraudulent. There's an international treaty whose protocols have been incorporated in US refugee/asylum laws.

Trump's "no tolerance" policy puts the cart before the horse, charging asylum seekers with a crime before a crime has been established.

Can you quote the part of the law that says what you say?

🤦📙

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ask Clinton since he signed it in 1997.
What did he sign in 1997? Do you mean 1996? But yeah. Crappy law. Republicans liked it to. In fact, it was their idea. Nice little add-on.

When Republicans won the House of Representatives in 1994, they — and especially Rep. Lamar Smith (R-TX), the new chair of the Immigration Subcommittee of the House Judiciary Committee — came in with a mission. "They were about the business of really toughening up immigration law," says Doris Meissner, who was head of the Immigration and Naturalization Service at the time. "And that is what they did" — sticking immigration provisions in welfare reform and the Anti-Terrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996 (or AEDPA).

Pro-immigration Republicans and Democrats were able to limit the damage by dividing the bill. They blocked the restrictions on future legal immigration, and were "at least partially successful in mitigating" restrictions on asylum (in Kamasaki's telling).

But at the heart of the split-the-bill strategy was the recognition that the enforcement provisions against "criminal aliens" were too popular to stop — not only among Republicans, but among congressional Democrats and the Clinton White House.

www.vox.com...

Crappy law. Fix it, Republicans. You control the House. You control the Senate. The president is one of you.

edit on 7/1/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join