It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Families Belong Together - Illogical Nationwide Protests on June 30th 2018.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Not when it comes to enforcing or ignoring laws, no they don't.
Good thing you don't smoke pot. But the FBI should get on it. Right?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Time served? We both agree that at least "time served" is a penalty, that should not be imposed on people coming in seeking asylum, and who present themselves to border control agents asap. Right? So, jailing them is an illegal penalty for those claiming asylum.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Time served? We both agree that at least "time served" is a penalty, that should not be imposed on people coming in seeking asylum, and who present themselves to border control agents asap. Right? So, jailing them is an illegal penalty for those claiming asylum.

Point of order, who is seeking asylum? What country do they come from?

If the answer is something other than Mexico, and they are coming through Mexico, then why don't they request asylum in Mexico?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I don't know why people coming through Mexico choose not to apply for asylum there. But, I read somewhere that you can't apply for asylum in the USA if you've applied for asylum in another country, and I remember reading that people who have been rejected for asylum in the USA have a better chance of getting asylum in Mexico. I think it's a deliberate choice to try the USA first, then try Mexico.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Canada's Trudeau says they'll welcome all USA rejects, with open arms.
www.pbs.org...

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Time served? We both agree that at least "time served" is a penalty, that should not be imposed on people coming in seeking asylum, and who present themselves to border control agents asap. Right?

Wrong.

In the eyes of the law, time spent waiting to see a judge is not a penalty until a conviction is made. The judge may, at their discretion upon conviction, include the time spent as part of the penalty... or they may not. It is their discretion. Otherwise, anyone ever held for trial and found innocent could sue the police for false imprisonment.

Emotions don't matter in law. Here's a tip: if you ever find yourself standing in front of someone wearing a black robe, make damn sure you have a lawyer and listen to him before saying anything. Your logic, as evidenced here, will land you in jail.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Good thing you don't smoke pot. But the FBI should get on it. Right?

You just don't have any faith in Schumer, do you?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I disagree. I believe these "penalties" are defined in the first half of this definition.

the suffering in person, rights, or property that is annexed by law or judicial decision to the commission of a crime or public offense trespassing forbidden under penalty of imprisonment www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I disagree.

Hahaha

OK, fine, you disagree. Just remember, the law doesn't need your agreement. Or mine. It is what it is, and there's not a whole heck of a lot either of us can do about it.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I think that "group disagreement" on the issue is reason for the massive protests taking place, and the subject of this thread.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Seeking asylum is not illegal, period.

That’s right and they weren’t arrested for seeking asylum.

Charging asylum seekers with a crime, before knowing if a crime was actually committed, thereby separating families, is this administration's scheme to deter asylum seekers.

Well you see there actually was a crime committed... they crossed the border illegally.

They could have gone to a port of entry like they are supposed to when they seek asylum. However they wanted to enter the country undetected because they knew their chances of getting asylum were slim. They got busted. Period.

They risked their children with an 80% chance of being raped or murdered or kidnapped and sold as sex slave by crossing in a dangerous area and through dangerous terrain instead of going down the main road that leads right there to the port of entry where everyone knows that’s where you go to seek asylum legally.

They should raise it from a misdemeanor to a felony for crossing the border illegally.

We can’t handle millions of new immigrants taking our jobs, working for far less and subsequently drastically lowering the pay rates making millions of Americans poor and unemployed. We also don’t like it when a girl gets raped or someone gets murdered or someone gets hurt by someone that isn’t even supposed to be here in the first place.

So yeah, ZERO TOLERANCE.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

You probably haven't read these posts yet.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

You probably haven't read these posts yet.

Did you read my post? I have been through this same argument already in other threads.

Show me one example where someone was arrested for seeking asylum?

Don’t you understand? These people are being charged for CROSSING THE BORDER ILLEGALLY. I guess I’ll repeat it. If someone wanted to seek asylum then all they have to do is go to a port of entry. They can LEGALLY seek asylum there.

FUN FACT: Even if an American citizen tried to enter the country in the manner that these people are entering they would also be arrested!

There is designated points of entry for reasons. It’s so they can make sure criminals or drugs.... criminals carrying drugs, people that have no passport or any sort of legal business doesn’t enter the country!

These designated areas of entry are where you are supposed to enter the country to seek asylum! You can’t just go crossing the border wherever you feel like it lol?

Therefore like I already said to you. Those people chose not to enter the country through the designated ports of entry because they knew they wouldn’t be able to get asylum so therefore they tried to get away with entering the United States undetected, THEY HAD NO INTEREST IN SEEKING ASYLUM. Then, they got busted.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

"group disagreement"? Sounds like a lot of wordiness for a concept I can sum up in 8 letters: "delusion."

Disagreeing with what is because one wishes it not to be is the exact definition of delusion.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

And, since being a victim of gang violence (or some other bad things) doesn't seem to be deemed grounds for asylum any more (policy thing), there's no point in trying. So, adios! We'll let you know when we find your kid.

Sounds like a Mexico problem.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Did you read my post?

I did. Did you mine?

Don’t you understand? These people are being charged for CROSSING THE BORDER ILLEGALLY.

I understand that asylum seekers CAN'T cross illegal by virtue of the fact they are "asylum seekers".

These designated areas of entry are where you are supposed to enter the country to seek asylum! You can’t just go crossing the border wherever you feel like it lol?

Actually, yes they can. And, did you see the links I posted about how asylum seekers are being illegally turned away at points of entry?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

"group disagreement"? Sounds like a lot of wordiness for a concept I can sum up in 8 letters: "delusion."

You like that? "Group disagreement", I made that up!

There sure are a lot of "delusional" people out there protesting. Not to mention the delusional lawmakers explaining to Trump that terrible immigration law that he hates so much is the 14th Amendment of the Constitution.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Amendment 14 does not have anything to do with immigration.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Sounds like a Mexico problem.

Guatemala, actually.

But you're right. Screw 'em.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

You just don't have any faith in Schumer, do you?

Totally. But you know what it takes to make a bill a law, right?

In the meantime, there are a lot of felonious pot smokers out there. Bust them. Every one. Because there is no room for discretion under the law.

edit on 7/2/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/2/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join