It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yo! Eat Healthy. Kale Rules!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Yeah, the old Big Mac song just doesn't sound right when you sing...

%Two all beef patties, special sauce, re-tread of a steel belted radial tire, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun"%

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Kale is great in soup. We cut it in strips and freeze for winter soups.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Yea a lot of healthy "trends". I totally get it. The new thing is a keto diet. Fats and low-carb protein. Great for short term, but guarantee they will start saying it's bad long term.

Don't eat processed foods. Eat nutritional foods. Not a lot of meat (or no meat). Get blood test and make sure you're getting all your nutrients. Make sure you have a good gut to absorb nutrients. That's my theory.

Then again, I'm sure some new trend will come along and say that I'm wrong

edit on 29-6-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Freeze it, what the hell do you need to freeze it for????? It doesn't have any moisture in it to freeze...does it?

Heck, I think you could just toss the stuff up on your roof and leave it there. Pull down a bale of it every couple of years and make yourself a "yummy" smoothie. Just use about a cup of Kale and about 6.3 gallons of yogurt, 4 flats of strawberries, blueberries, 5 watermelon and 4 bunches of bananas,

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I love "kale chips."

I'd add a wee bit of cayenne too.

Pretty damn good stuff!

And no, FCD, you absolutely do not bury it in anything! There's a difference between seasoning/cooking practices and hiding the food. Too much projection there

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I bury it...

...in the ground!

(or under the seat cushions, or quickly stick it under my plate if no one is looking) Can't slip it to the dogs cuz they just spit it out.

LOL!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Come to my house and cook please! I'll pay you even!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Lol!

Well, I'm not much of a health nut. Truth be told, I don't do.. anything other than eat what I enjoy.

Grew up in a family of phenomenal cooks eating a lot of different foods.

Love me some kale chips alongside some smoked ribs, potato salad, and the whole typical spread. Gotta admit broccoli is my favorite though..

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Kale is great in soup. We cut it in strips and freeze for winter soups.

That I can roll with. A little kale can go great in a soup.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sausage, potato, and kale soup is fantastic.

Forgot about that one

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Don't care for kale raw, but coat in olive oil, salt and pepper, and bake it at about 300 until its crispy.
I can do it that way.
I tried a kale smoothy and it made me gag.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Science isn't stagnant. We learn new things about what we eat all the time. Clearly the food groups of yesteryear were full of bad recommendations.

But go eat what you want (instead of ranting online about things that no one is forcing you to do). Enjoy your sluggish and sloppy latter half of life while the rest of us pay our rising insurance premiums due to your expensive treatments for heart disease, strokes, high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, etc etc.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'm with ya brother. I tried growing it because prior to trying kale I didn't think there was a green that we didn't like. Mustard greens, turnip greens, collard greens, spinach, pokeweed, dandelion greens, chickweed, lamb's quarters, straight leafed dock, curly leafed dock. But kale will forever remain a decorative plant in my yard. It is one that the deer, rabbits and squirrels leave strictly alone.

So yeah, even thought I eat a lot of weeds, kale isn't on the list. These food fads are always endlessly entertaining for me.

For the record I'm prejudiced against purple potatoes too!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Don't EVEN get me started on TOFU!!!

2nd.

Go ahead!
Tofu sucks....I've tried to eat it.
Soy sucks....edamame sucks!!!!!

I say it's an evil plot conjured by the evil Soy Lobby!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Good rule of thumb: If your dog wants to roll in it, or your cat wants to bury it, it should NOT be considered food.

That said, if kale has the snot baked out of it with some seasoning, it tastes like the seasoning and has a crunch. To me, this is the only palatable manner in which it can be prepared.

What next? Roach chips? They are probably crunchy also when baked and properly seasoned.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Like I said...it's a "conspiracy".

Hence my post.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Dog's don't want to roll in it...they just grab some and run outside and drop it by the tire of the truck and pee on it.

Dogs don't lie!!

LOL!!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Tofu makes an excellent flavor sponge. Season it and fry it. It more or less takes on the flavor of whatever you have it in. I actually don't mind it.

And I will be forever indebted to edamame for being the first veggie we could get our son to eat. Squeeze beans in the pod for the win. He eats a much bigger variety these days thankfully.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

a reply to: SeaWorthy

Freeze it, what the hell do you need to freeze it for????? It doesn't have any moisture in it to freeze...does it?

Heck, I think you could just toss the stuff up on your roof and leave it there. Pull down a bale of it every couple of years and make yourself a "yummy" smoothie. Just use about a cup of Kale and about 6.3 gallons of yogurt, 4 flats of strawberries, blueberries, 5 watermelon and 4 bunches of bananas,

Not where I live.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Don't EVEN get me started on TOFU!!!

2nd.

Go ahead!
Tofu sucks....I've tried to eat it.
Soy sucks....edamame sucks!!!!!

I say it's an evil plot conjured by the evil Soy Lobby!

I've gotta give an Amen on that one brother. We're singing from the same page.

I've got soybeans growing in my fields as I type this. I've known since I was a wee child that soy beans are good animal food and their oil was a good lubricant. To consider them human food? I'll pass. I prefer grazing the many weeds in my yard. Next week I'll be harvesting from one of the nastiest of those weeds---wild blackberries. Free food.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join