It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Says Cannabis Legalization in Canada Violates International Law

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
The UN has it and the others banned, and anyone in the UN is therefore supposed to be obligated to ave it banned too.
And what of the countries that had previously made it legal or decriminalized?

You sign up to be part of the UN, and their charter or whatever becomes the Law of the Land, just like any other treaty.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

I had a teacher in secondary school who was an insomniac, she was prescribed amphetamines for daytime alertness. Insomnia can be debilitating... I ended up digging into it many years later.

I don't think it's common but it certainly happens, I imagine with the right chemistry it could actually aid sleeping somewhat. Long term usage probably wouldn't be a good thing though, amphetamines are fairly dirty in regards to how they affect your body.

I've a bit experience and knowledge in regards to drug usage, I don't exactly support long-term usage of drugs especially with the youth. There's other ways to address peoples problem's. Long-term use should always be a last resort. Can't say I see that in the medical industry in regards to kids, which doesn't bode well.

Reliance is never a good thing and you're right it opens up the gates to other drugs. I've known a few people who suffer chronic pain and illness, they tend to rely on stronger pain killers as time goes by. Lots to consider with long-term usage. Needs vs perceived needs with a little bit of reliance mixed in for good measure.

It isn't good for the body or mind.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Precisely. In my younger days I wasn't one to slip or stumble regardless of what I partook in. Being young and stupid I did push the boat out on many occasions.

Whether it's for you're own sensibilities or for the sake of your body sometimes you have to admit enough is enough or that this stuff is just too strong kinda thing.

I've seen too many people try to keep up whilst not being able to handle it, regardless of one's poison.

It's not a good look...

BTW, you're a decent chap and the type of person I'd happily buy a few pints for, I hope things pick up for you and if the opportunity ever arose the pints would be on me

edit on 28-6-2018 by RAY1990 because: To add

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

I appreciate the sentiment very much. *bows with respect*

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I say we settle this on the rink. Their best hockey players against our.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

I had a teacher in secondary school who was an insomniac, she was prescribed amphetamines for daytime alertness. Insomnia can be debilitating... I ended up digging into it many years later.

I don't think it's common but it certainly happens, I imagine with the right chemistry it could actually aid sleeping somewhat. Long term usage probably wouldn't be a good thing though, amphetamines are fairly dirty in regards to how they affect your body.

I've a bit experience and knowledge in regards to drug usage, I don't exactly support long-term usage of drugs especially with the youth. There's other ways to address peoples problem's. Long-term use should always be a last resort. Can't say I see that in the medical industry in regards to kids, which doesn't bode well.

Reliance is never a good thing and you're right it opens up the gates to other drugs. I've known a few people who suffer chronic pain and illness, they tend to rely on stronger pain killers as time goes by. Lots to consider with long-term usage. Needs vs perceived needs with a little bit of reliance mixed in for good measure.

It isn't good for the body or mind.

I was thinking more of the root cause of insomnia not being able to sleep but I see where your coming from I’ve struggled with insomnia (currently been up about 30hrs straight) sadly due to a broken back and several suregeries I got put on opioids and was having to go up on the does pretty often due to my tolerance thankfully I’m on the way of them, I’m taking 20% of what I was taking a year ago. Physical opioid dependency is no joke I wish I would have never got put on them. Yeah serotonin receptors burn out is no good and I despise crystal it’s taken friends and family away from me and there’s nothing sh1ttier than getting dumped for meth.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Their best hockey players against our.

'Our'? You guys that good that you can win a 6 on 1?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: RAY1990

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

I appreciate the sentiment very much. *bows with respect*

Now you’re making my jealous TB I thought we were starting to connect.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Where exactly did this magical number come from?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Yeah. If you're Marc Andre Fleury.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Where exactly did this magical number come from?

In the game that Canadialand created, and now is mostly played in 'Murica, there are six players on each side. Mr. Intrepid said 'our' which is singular. Now I know the Canuck chickee team is potentially that good, I was just surprised he thought the dudes were as well.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Yeah. If you're Marc Andre Fleury.

Point taken. You could take over the world if everything were settled on the pond.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
The UN has it and the others banned, and anyone in the UN is therefore supposed to be obligated to ave it banned too.

The UN says a lot of things.

And most country's don't bother listening to the U.N.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Hey... The man offered to buy me beer.

One must pay the correct respects! Hehe!

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Uh yea.... Russia. Not too happy with the choice made by the Canadian people:

Last week, Canada became the second country in the world to fully legalize adult sales and use of recreational cannabis. While this new law marks a historic turning point in the progressive acceptance of marijuana after decades of prohibition, it has also placed the country in violation of several international drug treaties. This week, the Russian Foreign Ministry released a statement criticizing Canada’s decision to legalize weed, calling it a “gross and deliberate violation by the country of its international legal obligations,” UAWire reports.

Source

The irony burns in this one. Russia should be among the last to talk about 'violating international legal obligations' ya know? I'll admit I'm not too well versed on the international laws out there. Russia may very well have a point given the 1961 Single Convention on Narcotic Drug. But with that said we've changed overtimes and research along with education has changed the way society views MJ. Not to mention it's none of Russia's business, and they need to mind their damn business. I'm perplexed by why Russia all of a sudden finds this a threat? And considering Trump's plans on strengthening relations with them.... and given Trump has recently expressed willingness to support lifting the Federal ban, I wonder if this will impact those talks?

Putin is right...Treaties have been signed and now abrogated and if Canada wants to make MJ accessible to the masses it SHOULD make it medically defined and available ON DEMAND from medical doctors....which is within treaty boundaries …… and this gives all adults of legal age and minors under adults and doctors care able to freely receive therapeutic MJ...and if you need to combust MJ to relax after work you need theraputic intervention and possibly this is the right medicine for you and if things were done properly you could simply go to your doctor and say you were suffering stress and needed some MJ to unwind yourself and it would be prescribed ON DEMAND for you......this means NO CRIMINALITY and it means EASY ACESS for all ADULTS.....the way it always should have been.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Or Canada just ignores U.N. treaties like every other country does.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke

I think the Canadian Ambassador to the United Nations should spark a fatty on the floor of the hall next time there's a joint session.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

And no one cared what Russia said.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
1961 Single Convention on Narcotic Drug.

So declassify marijuana. It's neither a narcotic or a drug.

Cannabis is a drug, along side caffeine, nicotine, alcohol etc.

It's a relatively benign drug, but a drug nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke

I think the Canadian Ambassador to the United Nations should spark a fatty on the floor of the hall next time there's a joint session.

The honorable delegate from Jamaica agrees.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join