It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Red Hen owner resigns as executive director of Main Street Lexington

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
In my experience, a manager gets paid to manage, not take votes from their employees. Personally, I think she has no business being a manager if she can’t even make business decisions without consulting the wait staff.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Why because Sublimecraft said so?

Get real.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

In other words, you missed the point.

It was a poor point.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
She did the right thing stepping down, in the interest of the business.

I wonder how those employees feel now? The employees called her to tell her they were distraught Sarah Sanders was in. Some of the staff is LGB and they had an issue with it. Stephanie asked them what they wanted her to do, that she would stand with the staff. They asked her to ask her to leave.

I wonder how many of that staff will step down? Probably none; at least Stephanie has integrity to stand up for her staff and then take the bullet for everyone.

What bullet? What was Sarah doing that was so terrible? She was eating and minding her own business. And what difference does it make that some of the staff were "LGB"?

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Doesn't sound like much of a punishment to me.

It says it's a volunteer-based organization. Does that men she to was a volunteer?

For all we know she wanted to leave that place anyway and this just gave her an out.

They didn't fire her . And she still runs the red hen.

So a person you don't like gets less work and more free time to spend the profits from their business and you guys call this a win.

link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
It would be cool to get a bunch of buds together and go eat there. Wait until we get our food, then everyone whip out MAGA hats, just to see what happens.

Order double meals, eat half until you're full, then bust out the hats. If they demand you leave, they can't tab you for the meal bill and the food you ate will be free so you'll get the best value.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: loam

Why because she now has to pay the consequences of her actions?

For just a moment, consider the damage her actions caused other businesses in Lexington, VA.

Have you seen how big Lexington is or even where it is?

Let me show you.

No, because an outrage mob pressured an organization to submit to their demands. Personally, I'm sick of these tactics, and I don't see how mob pressure and posturing is conducive to a free society.
edit on 26-6-2018 by timequake because: (no reason given)

What mob are you referring to? Are you talking about the one that the owner set up to chase innocent dinner guest to the next restaurant?

edit on 26-6-2018 by timequake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Has anyone ever heard of a reality where a cook / staff says to the eatery owner "I don't want to prepare food for that person, because my politics prohibits my morals from doing so" and the owner saying "you know what, I agree, # profits, opinions matter"

Anyone?

Didn't think so.

No, I haven't ever heard of it.

That's why this whole thing smells fishy. Did Sarah and her party have a reservation? Did the restaurant know they were coming?

This sounds orchestrated. This whole idea that it is okay to accost people that have differing political opinions and that may be supporters of our current president comes from SOMEWHERE.

It sounds like a procedural directive given out by an organized entity and those that are "members" of such organization are told to proceed in this manner.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

And what response was that?

Sanders was already seated and eating, and when some of the kitchen staff found out they felt uncomfortable about making her food from there on. That's when they called the owner. What kills me is that people completely ignore the misuse of her government resources to push her personal agenda, the owner said nothing about being affiliated with Trump, she just told her it would be best to leave, and she did.
Once again the Trumpanzees go ape wild and assume until the truth is twisted beyond belief.

Totally senseless rebuttal .
And , performed as a 5th grader would...
Go back to the playground with the name calling , the adults are trying to have a mature conversation here.
And , evidently you have not read any single post here other than your own..(not even the OP)
So , totally senseless post , posted from ignorance...

link   

Sad. Really sad.

An owner who wasn't even working that day, gets called in for the best interest of her employees settles this in a calm manner and Trumps minion goes all wild and calls out the restaurants from not her personal twitter but the government one, to push hate on this place, and look what happens.

The owner didn't kick her out, she asked her to leave in a polite way. This is what people get for sticking up for their employees.

Well from earlier reports some of her employees were gay and afraid. Why? Were they wearing big signs announcing the fact. They're in a service industry and shouldn't have opinions at work. They should serve everyone equally, efficiently and cheerfully with a smile. Save your hand wringing for home.

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah I hope you guys try this.

If you ordered and ate the food you will still be arrested for not paying, even if your asked to leave .

Why are you guys telling people to brake the law anyway?

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

Don't you know. EVERYTHING is the US is political now days. Where have you been? You sneeze and ask a gay person for a tissue, you're a communist-leftist-liberal-democrat, you have your hands full and ask a white bald dude to hold the door for you and you're a white supremacist.

As Anthony Bourdain has stated, the restaurant and food industry is fueld by immigrants, especially from the dreaded MEXICO and BEYOND! What do you honestly think triggered these kitchen staff?

WTF are you going on about?

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The last business I had there was 3 competitors nearby. I told my people they need to talk nice about them and not conceder them competition but work together. Complement them is what I told everyone.

After 5 years I sold at a nice profit. After 10 years my business is one of 2 left.

Do a good job and keep doing a good job.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Sad. Really sad.

An owner who wasn't even working that day, gets called in for the best interest of her employees settles this in a calm manner and Trumps minion goes all wild and calls out the restaurants from not her personal twitter but the government one, to push hate on this place, and look what happens.

The owner didn't kick her out, she asked her to leave in a polite way. This is what people get for sticking up for their employees.

Sticking up for her employees? What, did Sarah go in the restaurant roughhousing the employees? Did she jack a few of them up while verbally abusing them?

Then they had the gall to follow them to another restaurant and harass them after they left?

LOL the idiocy from you guys baffles me and I'm sure many others too.

edit on 26-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: timequake

What mob are you referring to? Are you talking about the one that the owner set up to chase innocent dinner guest to the next restaurant?

All of them.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Maybe the other business's should start displaying MAGA signs and form a boycott of chicken little and her twerpy cohorts .

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Yeah I hope you guys try this.

If you ordered and ate the food you will still be arrested for not paying, even if your asked to leave .

Why are you guys telling people to brake the law anyway?

No, actually you would not assuming you did not finish the meal and weren't otherwise disrupting the business. You are entering a contract with the establishment, when they accept your order and deliver your food to you, they are agreeing to that contract which includes providing you the agreed upon food at the table (if they are a sit down restaurant) and giving you a reasonable amount of time to eat the food. If, say, 5 minutes after you start eating and through no illegal or maliciously disruprive action of your own, they order you to leave for as shakey a reason as "I dislike you" then they have violated the contract and you can walk right out the door scott free. The contract was for the total amount of food ordered and a place to eat it in exchange for the total amount of money on the menu... once one party flounders their end of the contract, the contract is void.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

Sad. Really sad.

Sticking up for her employees? What did Sarah go in the restaurant roughhousing the employees? Did she jack a few of them up while verbally abusing them?

Then they had the gall to follow them to another restaurant and harass them after they left?

LOL the idiocy from you guys baffles me and I'm sure many others too.

They apparently felt threatened and the owner didn't provide them with safe spaces

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I dare you to try this.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: timequake

originally posted by: Kharron
She did the right thing stepping down, in the interest of the business.

I wonder how those employees feel now? The employees called her to tell her they were distraught Sarah Sanders was in. Some of the staff is LGB and they had an issue with it. Stephanie asked them what they wanted her to do, that she would stand with the staff. They asked her to ask her to leave.

I wonder how many of that staff will step down? Probably none; at least Stephanie has integrity to stand up for her staff and then take the bullet for everyone.

What bullet? What was Sarah doing that was so terrible? She was eating and minding her own business. And what difference does it make that some of the staff were "LGB"?

I wouldn't have made that decision. I would have anticipated the fallout from it and would have protected my business. I only ask my customers to leave when they do something illegal or they are disturbing the peace.

But this is a volunteer organization, right? The rules are a bit different, a bit more democratic, right?

I am not defending what she did, I would not have asked Sarah to leave. But I think she has integrity for doing what they asked her to do in such an organization, and then taking the bullet for all those who actually wanted this to happen.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join