It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Red Hen owner resigns as executive director of Main Street Lexington

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft
Don’t be ridiculous. She had every right to remove Sanders from her business. It’s about private property rights and she was well within her rights. Disagree? Give me your address so that I can allow about 50 homeless people to camp out on your property bc evidently, they don’t need your permission to be there according to your absurd supposition.
Yeah. Didn’t think so.
Her property, her choice. Period.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: KovitEnt

Just like Starbucks had every right to ask those two black men to leave when they weren't paying customers and just loitering in their establishment?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

And what response was that?

Sanders was already seated and eating, and when some of the kitchen staff found out they felt uncomfortable about making her food from there on. That's when they called the owner. What kills me is that people completely ignore the misuse of her government resources to push her personal agenda, the owner said nothing about being affiliated with Trump, she just told her it would be best to leave, and she did.
Once again the Trumpanzees go ape wild and assume until the truth is twisted beyond belief.

So now any business can refuse service to gays, lgbt, transgender, whatever because they make the staff "uncomfortable" right?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
I think the loss of customers is more than enough punishment for the owner. She exposed herself as a bigot, and rendered her establishment the same, but should not be made a martyr for her choices.

True about not Martyr worthy. But going to criminal court to explain the actions that prompted the assault, verbal or whatever that was so important it drove her to go into the next business yelling at Sanders, seems fairly justified.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: burdman30ott6

and believe they should have to answer for it same as bakers have been forced to answer for refusal of service due to ideological differences with select customers and their life choices.

Eye for eye.

I would rather we change the laws to give business owners more freedom in there own businesses.
Refuse service for ANY reason. Let the free market sort them out.

Agree 100%. I think their actions will be taken poorly by the free market and their connections. You couldn't get worse publicity from what they did. They played stupid games and won stupid prizes. Now they have to figure out how to get their reputation back, if they ever had one. This ranks right up there with Hillary antagonizing half of the voting crowd by calling them Deplorables. And we know how that turned out.

edit on 28-6-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

This ranks right up there with Hillary antagonizing half of the voting crowd by calling them Deplorables

That moment of honesty from her really bit her in the ass.

While I didn't agree with what she said i applaud her for being honest.

I would rather our politicians tell us how they really feel rather than lie.
As a trump voter (I assume) you can agree with this I am sure.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: uninspired

originally posted by: strongfp

And what response was that?

Sanders was already seated and eating, and when some of the kitchen staff found out they felt uncomfortable about making her food from there on. That's when they called the owner. What kills me is that people completely ignore the misuse of her government resources to push her personal agenda, the owner said nothing about being affiliated with Trump, she just told her it would be best to leave, and she did.
Once again the Trumpanzees go ape wild and assume until the truth is twisted beyond belief.

So now any business can refuse service to gays, lgbt, transgender, whatever because they make the staff "uncomfortable" right?

Come on man! You know only the Left gets to make the rules! Seems they still don’t care for facts either since all Ms. Sanders did was post, factually, that she was asked to leave a restaurant because of who she was. Notice that no one has disproved that was what actually happened...so one would think they, the Left, would own the restaurants actions.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I do agree with you. Hillary 's honestly frankly sunk her ship with me when she cackled about killing Gaddafi like it was nothing.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us
And it should be pointed out that she didn't even post about this incident until one of the wait staff at the Rufus Chicken has spread it on social media. She didn't create the social media buzz, she simply responded to it.

Apparently the low IQ folks on both sides have lost it. www.roanoke.com...< br />
And people wonder why I refuse to identify with either the left or right....None of these people believe in life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Their actions have proven that. They may look like adults but their minds stopped developing around the age of five years.
edit on 28-6-2018 by diggindirt because: correction

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

I do agree with you. Hillary 's honestly frankly sunk her ship with me when she cackled about killing Gaddafi like it was nothing.

I must have missed that.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
We came, we saw, he died...cue laughing. Considering that Hillary's war group called in insurgents that were given Gaddafi's travel route where they ambushed and brutaly murdered him, I thought she was responsible for more than just Arkancide murders now.

source

edit on 28-6-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

(post by gariac removed for political trolling and baiting)
(post by gariac removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Well she was a clown Trump nor his press secretary had anything to do with that baker winning his case about not wanting to make a cake that was the supreme court at only a fool would piss of a judge or a justice.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join