It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist for a pharmaceutical company shot dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Authorities in southern California on Monday are searching a campsite for clues after a scientist was fatally shot inside a tent with his two young daughters.

Tristan Beaudette, 35, of Irvine, Calif., was bleeding from a chest wound when deputies found him in a tent early Friday at a Malibu Creek State Park campsite.

Authorities said Beaudette was shot at least once in the upper torso, The Los Angeles Times reported. His daughters, ages 2 and 4, were unharmed in the shooting that reportedly occured at about 4:45 a.m. Beaudette took the girls camping so his wife, a doctor, could study for an exam, according to the reports. He worked as a scientist for a pharmaceutical company and he and his wife were about to move to the Bay Area. Deputies said they had no leads, no suspect and no motive, KCBS Los Angeles reported.

His family remembered him as a devoted father who “found true joy” in his life with his children. “The grief and trauma this loss has caused our close-knit family is indescribable,” the family’s statement read. The park was the backdrop for the TV series “M.A.S.H.,” as well as the movies “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid” and the original “Planet of the Apes,” according to the paper.

Link Fox News

Trying to figure out what he was working on only finding stuff from 2009-2010

Looks like some kind of Vaccine delivery involving immunostimulants ... I don't Believe this guy was a random target .

In vitro analysis of acetalated dextran microparticles as a potent delivery platform for vaccine adjuvants

Acetalated dextran

edit on 6/25/2018 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Those poor kids...

People say that kids are like rubber, because they bounce back... but something like that never leaves you. I hope they find whomever it is that did this, and I hope that individual suffers mightily. Its one thing to be a contract assassin, but to be one who will take a man out in front of his children, rather than engineer a moment when they are alone? Scum, pure and simple.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Dendritic Polymers for the Delivery of Chemotherapeutic Agents
books.google.ca...

This may be a hint where in Big Pharma this guy was working in...looks like he was part of a research team in the chemotherapy world...

If he discovered a cure..or something nasty and controversial what lies Pharma had...I would assume he was gunned down because BP didn't want sensitive info released...especially if this guy's wife was to be an up and coming ethical doctor

Also...
Chemoselective Ligation in the Functionalization of Polysaccharide-Based Particles
www.researchgate.net...

Despite the promise of precisely targeted or otherwise functionalized polymeric particulate drug delivery vehicles, typical biocompatible particles are generally not amenable to facile and selective surface modification.

Herein, we report the development of a simple, mild, and chemoselective strategy for the conjugation of biologically active molecules to the surface of dextran-based microparticles. Alkoxyamine-bearing reagents were used to form stable oxime conjugates with latent aldehyde functionality present in reducing carbohydrate chain ends.

We demonstrate the functionalization of dextran-based microparticles with a fluorophore as well as a cell-penetrating peptide sequence, which facilitated the delivery of cargo to nonphagocytic cells leading to a 60-fold increase in the expression of a reporter gene when plasmid DNA-loaded particles were used.

A Synthetic Strategy for Conjugation of Paromomycin to Cell-Penetrating Tat(48-60) for Delivery and Visualization into Leishmania Parasites

In addition, the AcDX particles are especially promising for targeted drug delivery, because their termini can be useful for further functionalization...

As a result, the multidrug-loaded pH-responsive PSi@AcDX nanocomposites (drug-loaded PSi@AcDX) were obtained. To facilitate the intracellular drug delivery ,..a class of cationic peptides known to facilitate the delivery of cargos across the cell membrane ... was chemically conjugated onto the external surface of the nanocomposites ...After incubation, cells were treated with trypan blue...

Microfluidic Assisted One-Step Fabrication of Porous Silicon@Acetalated Dextran Nanocomposites for Precisely Controlled Combination Chemotherapy

The objective is, again, to minimize the unwanted side effects of drugs by reducing premature release while maximizing their concentration at the target site by ligand–receptor interactions.

This technique makes use of the fact that certain membrane receptors are overexpressed in cancer cells160161162.

The combination of receptor-targeted chemotherapy with nanoparticle drug carriers and physical stimulus (e.g., heat, US, pH change) to trigger drug release is extremely promising in chemotherapeutics. ...

Not sure if we can start putting pieces together on this based on what he was working on.
edit on 25-6-2018 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Those poor kids...

People say that kids are like rubber, because they bounce back... but something like that never leaves you. I hope they find whomever it is that did this, and I hope that individual suffers mightily. Its one thing to be a contract assassin, but to be one who will take a man out in front of his children, rather than engineer a moment when they are alone? Scum, pure and simple.

Seems likely to be a message sending kill. Someone in big Pharma tying up potential loose end witnesses, maybe? I can't think White Hats would do that.
edit on 25-6-2018 by Enderdog because: Frayed knot

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Ok, I would have to see the crime scene photos to determine whether or not this was a actual murder as opposed to an accident.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: galaga

They would have found a gun on scene . I'm interested in what they find out from his kid's

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: galaga

They would have found a gun on scene . I'm interested in what they find out from his kid's

Not necessarily. Was there a bullet hole in the tent?
edit on 25-6-2018 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: galaga

Ok, I would have to see the crime scene photos to determine whether or not this was a actual murder as opposed to an accident.

How do you accidentally shoot someone in the chest? In a tent? Next to their children? In a national park?

I mean, a random act of violence maybe, but even that seems awful coincidental.

Maybe the wife paid to have him killed- life insurance is good money, and some people are just nuts.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

How do you accidentally shoot someone in the chest? In a tent? Next to their children? In a national park?

I mean, a random act of violence maybe, but even that seems awful coincidental.

Maybe the wife paid to have him killed- life insurance is good money, and some people are just nuts.

It happens every 4th of July. That's why I asked if there was a bullet hole in the tent.

In Albuquerque, people, for some reason, will fire live rounds in the air. Those missiles have to come down somewhere. People and even an infant have been shot that way in my city.

I also read that someone else was camping in the same spot a while back, heard a gun shot and found a bullet in the back of her car.

We need to see that tent to see if there is a bullet hole in it. If there is, they need to see if the missile was fired at close range or if it fell from a long distance.

I don't know man, just asking logical questions.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

see if its linked to the new immunotherapy injections directly into the tumor. It has shown amazing results. I also e-mailed and documented time stamped to myself that some of the scientists and people involved in immunotherapy injections will turn up missing or dead. They seem to have (which makes sense) kept the actual immunotherapy drug or supplements out of any article or documentation I have seen!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
ATS reply (not mine but says it all): It is all totally normal.

That is in regards to a Big pharma exec and family gunned down, CDC doctor gone missing 10 days only to be found in a reservoir, and now "random gun shots" (lone gunman?).

People don't like other people messing with their money.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Check out the wife.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Guys, big pharma exec? He was an associate director at Allergan.. That isn't a big exec. Also, you have any idea what Allergan makes? Oh ya, Botox, Breast Implants, Eye drops and fillers. It isn't always a conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Guys, big pharma exec? He was an associate director at Allergan.. That isn't a big exec. Also, you have any idea what Allergan makes? Oh ya, Botox, Breast Implants, Eye drops and fillers. It isn't always a conspiracy.

When someone is murdered it IS a conspiracy. (This one looks planned and related to his profession, a likely conspiracy based on the details). Also an associate director is a big executive. .

edit on 25-6-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

When someone is murdered it IS a conspiracy.
Not unless more than one person was involved with planning the murder.

More information about this shooting:

Trying to solve the mystery killing of a father who was fatally shot inside his tent while he was camping with his young daughters in Malibu State Creek Park, Los Angeles County sheriff’s investigators are now examining several unsolved earlier shootings in the area over the last couple of years.

www.latimes.com...

edit on 6/25/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
When someone is murdered it IS a conspiracy. Also an associate director is a big executive. So, twice wrong.

"Conspiracy" is anyone working in concert w/another or others to commit any crime is guilty of 'conspiracy'

Unless they changed the legal definition since I was a Ca. cop.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

When someone is murdered it IS a conspiracy. Also an associate director is a big executive. So, twice wrong.

"Conspiracy" is anyone working in concert w/another or others to commit any crime is guilty of 'conspiracy'

Yeah I didn't have time to define my meaning better. This particular case looks suspicious based on his profession, and his remote location appears he was targeted specifically. And because of him and his wife' academic and professional status gives a far greater likelihood of some conspiracy that involves him.. He, the victim can be the needed second party in this conspiracy...

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
No worries... BUTT A 'half Truth' is a Full lie...

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

It''s a homicide for sure. A murder? I wouldn't say that just yet.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

It''s a homicide for sure. A murder? I wouldn't say that just yet.

I am assuming that was a joke?

hom·i·cide
ˈhäməˌsīd/Submit
nounNORTH AMERICAN
the deliberate and unlawful killing of one person by another; murder.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join