It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cats came in to guard me last night

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   
This is unusual in every way I know of these 2 food mongering doofuses.

Last night, I go to bed. My cat (had him since 2007) comes in, and drives me up the wall by poking me in the hand, head butting me, slobbering on me, etc. Finally got him to settle down. Hooray! I'll get to sleep at some point tonight!
A few minutes later- our other cat (he showed up in 2010, and thinks he's a lounge singer personality wise) comes in, and *sits* on my cat. Begins the same nonsense. I know for *sure* I'm not getting sleep. I am also finding it both funny and a little odd- funny because there was enough light from the nightlight I use to see my cat's completely disgruntled face half sticking out of cat butt sitting on it, and and a little odd, because well- this doesn't happen at night.

Suddenly, there is this sharp, really high pitched whistle. It came from the middle of the hallway. 2 heads shot up from the bed like toast from a toaster. Then, my cat does something I've NEVER seen him do: he flowed off the bed and to the floor like he was liquid. Second cat sat right where he was, and for all the world, I felt like I was being protected. So, I'm sitting in bed, mumbling "What... in the hell..." at this whole thing. I finally am able to get up out of bed, and my cat is sitting on the floor in the hall, full Sphinx mode, pointed at the kitchen/ bathroom area, with his full attention in that direction. He didn't get up, or move, or even acknowledge my walking out to see what in the world was going on.

I gave up, and went back to bed, with the other cat pushing all over my back.

I presume everything was back to normal this morning, He was singing the song of his people, "Get me some *@#(&*$(*!!! canned food!" I am just unsure what all of this was, and how (or why) I suddenly felt like I was the president with 2 SS agents doing their thing.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

To be sure, animals sense things we don’t/can’t.

Keep them fed

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Any hint what country you live in or general area?
I think you should watch for an earthquake.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
1) Head butting is a form of "marking the territory" and a sign of respect and love. They actually have glands in their jaw area .

2) I call the "fluid motion" as "slinking" . They get as low to the ground as possible when nervous or on the prowl . A gift from their ancestors living in the tall Savannah grass in Africa .

They sensed something different in their habitat . Possibly some small critter that came in for a look around.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Cats are special and very senstive. I rescued one who nearly died in the county "rescue" who I have become very attached to and she to me. We are really lovey dovey.

Right after her health improved, she started to always sleep with me. As I am a diabetic, I have had times when my sugars became dangerously low, and my cat has aways awakened me by patting me on the face over and over and then licking me untl I awake and realize my situaton and immediately grab juice etc.

I do believe she is very special and has saved my life several tmes.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I had similar things happen with one of my cats, in mythology cats were half in our world and half in the next and could see in both.

For years I rarely slept through the night, I would wake at least once every night. We got a cat 11 years ago who promptly took over half of my pillow every night and would not move.

Almost immediately I was able to sleep through the night, on the rare occasion I did wake up he would be staring intently at a corner of the room his whole body rigid.

Recently he passed away and I have gone back to waking up for no noticeable reason during the night.

My wife is a pagan, and she thinks he was warding me from something, evil spirits, evil intentions of others I don't know all I know is he allowed me to sleep peacefully. (Yes logically I understand the purring effect is what kept me asleep)

If no quakes are occurring in your area I would say something has some intention towards you and your cats were protecting you.

that's my opinion anyways and that and a few bucks can get you a cheap cup of coffee.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Just checked the USGS site... nothing at all around here, not even when I blew out the webpage looking at the past 7 days, entire US. I live in Guilford county, NC.

Doesn't mean something might not happen at all, so I'll keep an eye on the cats.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

They sensed something different in their habitat . Possibly some small critter that came in for a look around.

It was whatever that loud whistle was. Thing is, there's not anything in the hall that *can* whistle.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
If no quakes are occurring in your area I would say something has some intention towards you and your cats were protecting you.

I have a general idea who... They lost the ability to torment me one way, so a new way to drive me buggy seems to be coming up. I forgot to add that it was almost like they knew bad things were coming.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I so enjoyed your story! I can just see your little ninjas doing their tag team rescue.

Enjoy, you are well protected.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

If you recently got free from a tormentor that is probably what has occured, be greatful you have the protection many people never notice the effect these bad spirits/intentions they just get depressed and waspish.

Good luck to you.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I rescued one who nearly died in the county "rescue"

Mine was from my ex boss. The bastard took him as a tiny kitten, sick, eyes snotted shut, put him out by my door, under a shelf, in freezing cold temps during February, WITH an ice storm trying to happen, then swore up and down "he must have walked there by himself". Showed up to fetch me for a job. Also was really fun when I took my cat to be neutered later on... " a red hot coat hanger will do the trick! Use that!"

*growl* And yeah, one of the many reasons he's an EX boss.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I have no significant input on what happened, but I do know your story was well written and pretty darn funny!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: Justso

I rescued one who nearly died in the county "rescue"

Mine was from my ex boss. The bastard took him as a tiny kitten, sick, eyes snotted shut, put him out by my door, under a shelf, in freezing cold temps during February, WITH an ice storm trying to happen, then swore up and down "he must have walked there by himself". Showed up to fetch me for a job. Also was really fun when I took my cat to be neutered later on... " a red hot coat hanger will do the trick! Use that!"

*growl* And yeah, one of the many reasons he's an EX boss.

Despite my personal distaste for cats that boss seems like a real piece of work.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Sounds like you might have a mouse or other critter in the house or attic. That whistle might be a bat? Be very careful if have bats, even a light brushing can give you rabies.

I'm sure it was some scent they were picking up. Google animals sounds and see if you can match any to what you heard.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Cats are special and very senstive. I rescued one who nearly died in the county "rescue" who I have become very attached to and she to me. We are really lovey dovey.

Right after her health improved, she started to always sleep with me. As I am a diabetic, I have had times when my sugars became dangerously low, and my cat has aways awakened me by patting me on the face over and over and then licking me untl I awake and realize my situaton and immediately grab juice etc.

I do believe she is very special and has saved my life several tmes.
That's beautiful.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I would not read too much into it. They just wanted food. They were not SS agents. Cats have a love-hate relationship with their servants.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Hey, another cat person....and we live in the same county no doubt!!!! I live in Guilford County as well. I have a solid white cat that talks to a picture of my grandfather ( of whom I never meet he died when my mom was 11 years old) I can move the picture to another room......Itty Bitty will go find it and sit and talk to it..seriously talk to it. She looks at it at times like it's talking back. I am owned by 9 of the best felines in the world, and she's the only one that talks to that photograph. I've hung other pics in same frame.....no reaction. Put Mr.Calhoun's pic back in frame....here comes the cat chatter. Blows me away at times.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

My cat is like a guard dog. If I hear a noise, the first thing I check is her head. If she perks up then lays back down all is ok.

I got a chuckle out of your story.

Trust the cats!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

The whistle sound could be a loose belt on a blower motor for an A.C. unit. If you have central air, there's a blower motor in the unit that blows the air.....bearing can go out and when it starts up a whistle or whine can be heard till it gets up to speed. Just saying. And it has been as hot as a 4 balled Tom Cat around here as you know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join