It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman dubbed '#PermitPatty' appears to call cops on 8-year-old girl selling water in viral video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I think it would be cool if municipalities would have a special sort of vending license for kids! No fee, just apply and you get a little illustrated book about service industry regulations, things like keeping the glasses clean and maybe some advise about setting price points, as well as a shiny embossed certificate from the city they can put up. Would be sooo cool and foster that entrepreneurial spirit. It would put to rest this nonsense about lemonade stands.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Oh the world population grows, disease must no longer exist right?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I'll bet you all the tea in China this is fake. I have this sinking feeling that either both are in on this or that this is an acting job to set up something about permits or something stupid. I know I might be wrong but there is this little part of me that says this is all just to get views.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

I would bet it was a woman who was annoyed at how obnoxious the mother of the 8 year old was and pretended to call the cops to get her to shut up and leave. After further investigation it seems this really had nothing to do with the girl, or water, or permits, or skin color, just someone who had enough of a loud obnoxious person yelling.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

So then they can get "health inspections" from any cop walking by and get a stamp on their certificate, showing they're in compliance. Such a great opportunity to boost their confidence. Tearing up a little bit just thinking about it.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Oh the world population grows, disease must no longer exist right?

gov. intervention is a disease killer?

I do enjoy the peasants supporting the continued slavery of the masses in the name of safety.

Honestly it is sad to think you do not believe that people could make an informed decision on what to buy without the help of the gov..

Again harming others is against the law so why do we need any more laws concerning such?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Tempter

Possibly. I still don't understand why the mention of skin color is important to the story.

I was thinking the same thing, I don’t get it.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun
I think it would be cool if municipalities would have a special sort of vending license for kids! No fee, just apply and you get a little illustrated book about service industry regulations, things like keeping the glasses clean and maybe some advise about setting price points, as well as a shiny embossed certificate from the city they can put up. Would be sooo cool and foster that entrepreneurial spirit. It would put to rest this nonsense about lemonade stands.

That's a fantastic idea!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

However, this also the latest in a series of incidents in which a child trying to make some summer money was shut down for not having an expensive city permit too.

Doesn't appear as though she was shutdown over a permit. Someone saying permit doesn't mean that is what happened.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

No, prevention. You should look into it.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

What do i need to prevent?

I do not eat from # holes nor do i drink from toilets.

Common sense

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

What do i need to prevent?

I do not eat from # holes nor do i drink from toilets.

Common sense

That would seem to be a bit scary. But I suppose if a person has 100% trust in all businesses it would be peace of mind.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
I wish she would have called the cops on the girl for price gouging due to the $2 price tag she put on them rather than for not having a permit. Thats the real crime being committed.

Maybe we should sue Nestle first before picking on kids.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun

We do get some gems of suggestions on threads from time to time.
I would love to see a compilation of the best from ATS.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I never suggested that we live in a perfect world; where laws are initiated to benefit donors of political parties.

Say you work smart/hard and develop a new product. Do you give it away for your competitors to copy or do you patent it?

startups may actually be able to compete with the established big boys.

There's nothing hindering anyone from competing against the big boys - Anyone can bottle water - they do it the right way by creating their own label and using another bottlers excess capacity to do a batch.

You can even reverse engineer an engine, improve on it and if sufficiently novel get a patent for it.

Startups have never had it easier with kickstarter and gofundme.

Honest question - have you ever been to a bank and used your own capital to start your own business or have always been employed by someone else?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Why would we need regulations for kids to sell lemonade?

It is an acidic substance that kills bacteria.

Pitiful that so many support the indoctrination of children into the federal bureaucratic system.

It is the opposite of the principles the country was founded on.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

keep sinking lower with your arguments. It makes you look completely foolish to how the real world and standards works.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

this is why we are no longer number one

So you;re happy to drive a car that hasnt come out of a factory line but produced by someone in their back yards and hasn't had quality control checks and being passed off as new?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
All this BS started with the advent of Homeowner's Associations.
The Neighborhood Gestapo.
Usually a bunch of loons out just for power over their neighbors.

I didn't spend the amount of money for my land and to have my home built to have someone try and tell me how I had to live.
One old fuddy duddy lady came by the house stating she was trying to get one started in my neighborhood .
I told her she could try , but I personally would advise against it. As I spoke the last word , I slammed the door in her face.
Dang salespeople coming to my door unsolicited....
Put and end to that foolishness....been 12 years and none of that rubbish talk since.

Sometimes one just has to forget diplomacy.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

proof that without all this intervention we would not be able to survive? Guide lines and not laws

Yep mechanics are protected from asbestos now by it being banned for use in brake linings.

Do you not consider a life free from lung cancer and mesothelioma survival?

Or how about workers compensation laws.

You really should think before spouting off

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join