It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I will make this 4th the best ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
So I got a bunch of friends to come here for the greatest Holliday ever! I am going to have flags all over my property and considering what is going on right now politically, the food of choice will be Korean style BBQ. I got my mom and dad to agree and show up along with all my sisters. For drinks I will have Mimosas. I will be grilling on my drive way with my flagged short shorts and my darth Vader apron. This is by far the best time of the year!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

That seems cool and fun! I hope you all have a good time.

Independence day of Finland is december 6, it was 100 years of independence celebration last winter.

Edit: As you can see, our independence day is not that great for BBQ. Unless one shows some real character in the snow and sub zero temps

edit on 24-6-2018 by Finspiracy because: BBQ

edit on 24-6-2018 by Finspiracy because: Typo...

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Korean food is spicy but delicious.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

So what are you doing for your Korean BBQ???

Please do share!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I'm going to have a huge party also all dressed as redcoats happy we got rid lol.
Have a happy independence Day...we all will.
Mahahahaha mahahahaha (evil British laugh to fade).

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

What??? No Soju??? lol
Honestly I love my booze and Korean food and I got some Soju to cook with and I can't handle it!

Sounds like a great party. Making your own kimchi?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Working....Blessed to have a profession that records the American culture and society in all its capaciousness and wonderful ceremonies.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
If I came over with a musket and redcoat would I get duffed up or would you all have a good sense of humour (correct spelling) about it?.
I wonder this also if I went to India dyed blue.
Just had an idea rent a redcoat for the 4th of July lol you just can't beat them just take the piss.
edit on 24-6-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
If I came over with a musket and redcoat would I get duffed up or would you all have a good sense of humour (correct spelling) about it?.
I wonder this also if I went to India dyed blue.
Just had an idea rent a redcoat for the 4th of July lol you just can't beat them just take the piss.

You can come over. That day will be full of fun.
As for my recipe, that is a secret.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Now I must taste it. I will check my lotto tickets and if I have won I will turn up redcoat n all

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

But wouldn't your secret recipe be best served across the world by sending it me accross the pond?.
To keep the secret going n such.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
heck yes brother. The 4th is one of my favorites as well. I have been saving up for 6 months now for this celebration. Just like throwing $400s in a pile and lighting it aflame. The fat belly from well grilled food. The mild intoxication from fermented drinks and the best of all, lighting wonderful packages of wrapped gunpowder causing kaleidoscopes of color and ear shattering noises.

The kids are old enough now to concentrate on the big fireworks like artillery shells and finale packs instead of the jumping jacks and paper tanks. Maybe some night parachutes to wet the appetite while it get dark enough to start the barrage.

Glorious.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Americans always do the date as month then day

APART FROM ON THE 4th OF JULY Lol.

Oooooo banter time

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

It sounds as if you are going in for a good time, good luck with your party.
I suppose I will invite all of the family (am taking care of two families at the moment besides my own) and let them get their bellies full. Hoping that the old adage about corn only producing well if it was "Knee high by the fourth of July" is not true for me as I would love to have grilled corn. My corn tasseled about a week ago.
There are a few local charities that have some firework stands locally and will likely purchase some from every one.
My daughters want a really big display, we have the largest yard on the street and some new kiddos just moved into my old house across the street so...I'd like to make it fun.

I have a dear (deeply missed) friend from the UK and I sent him this photo...last year? Or perhaps the year before. He got a kick out of it and posted it to his FB. We joke about the differences quite a bit between our two countries.

Hope everyone celebrating has a Happy and safe 4th!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Have fun!
As in past years, we will be celebrating with BBQ at the park at the local sewage water treatment plant, complete with fireworks, lots of cold beer, tripping people into the turd pond and then the lighting of a stack of old tires which will billow thick black smoke causing the local fire department to race to the scene to the delight of the kiddos who cheer at the lights and sirens.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Bulgogi beef, kimchi, beer, and fireworks.

join