It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lasers are targeting American aircraft in the Western Pacific/East China Sea

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: CreationBro

Shining a similar one back would be, but a weapons grade laser would be the same as shooting a missile at them.

I figured

Would shining an array of, say, 1000 small lasers be ok? Thatd be a sight to see.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yeah well I have a problem when your boys asked our navy a couple of years ago to start sticking their nose close to Chinas boats. Our future lies with peaceful relations with trading partner like China.

I noticed you didn't address this

China Leveraged complaints in the past and while the US mildly condemned allies like Taiwan and the Philippines we (Americans) didn’t do anything about it.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I seem to recall saying this.

We didn't do the same when our allies did it because they are allies.

Ah, right. It's our fault, our issue to deal with, or we should just let them do whatever they want.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yeah well I have a problem when your boys asked our navy a couple of years ago to start sticking their nose close to Chinas boats. Our future lies with peaceful relations with trading partner like China.

I noticed you didn't address this

China Leveraged complaints in the past and while the US mildly condemned allies like Taiwan and the Philippines we (Americans) didn’t do anything about it.

Oh we asked y’all, it’s not like it’s in your countries interest as well, China is playing a different game and if there expansion continues unchecked they’ll get around to saying they have an ancient text saying that Australia is rightfully a part of their territory. They’ll go as far as they’re allowed they’ve gotten too big for their britches.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

I noticed you failed to address this glaring inconsistency in policy

China Leveraged complaints in the past and while the US mildly condemned allies like Taiwan and the Philippines we (Americans) didn’t do anything about it. We set that presidence ourselves. When our allies were doing it it wasn’t ideal, but acceptable. We condemned but took no action. Now that China is doing it and they aren’t our allies, we are trying taking action. In my option that’s not good policy.

they’ll get around to saying they have an ancient text saying that Australia is rightfully a part of their territory.

Are we in the predictions forum now?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

When exactly was anyone else building artificial islands with airfields and weapons, and declaring ADIZ around them?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

IDK, Zaph, I'm thinking we ought to let the Chinese claim that. Then we could go around taking vast swathes of territory from smaller countries again.

It'd be fair, right?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Certainly. We could claim everything to Guam and American Samoa.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

We kinda did and let them go.

We have a good claim, I'd say...assuming they're going to be above water in 30 years.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
So, the people there got new toys for the Chinese new year from working in the factory making lasers. They are playing with them, after all it is the only bonus they got.

China does some scam where you get paid twice on Chinese New Year. Obviously they hold back some money during the year.

In many parts of China, it is customary to pay the salary on a 13-month basis, with the final month paid just prior to the Chinese New Year. Though this is optional – and would be laid out in the employment contract – many employees simply expect this as a ‘New Year’s Bonus,’ so a failure to include it in the organizational compensation plans may cause problems in the labor force. Some companies also provide 14th- and 15th-month bonuses, adjusted according to performance reviews.

www.google.com... s_amp=true

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: BigDave-AR

I noticed you failed to address this glaring inconsistency in policy

Are we in the predictions forum now?

Policy changed when China started throwing their toys out of the pram and reaching for as much territory they can claim by utterly flimsy proofs of their inherent right to whatever they can find mention of in ancient scripts. I’m going from their recent history of making these ridiculous claims for example with the Senkaku Islands, I don’t think assuming that they will continue their shadey strategy as long as the international community puts up with it is a very big leap of assumption. You don’t have to read the tea leaves on this one...
edit on 6/24/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join