It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's filmed from Elon Musk's car, floating in space

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

Well, if you are going to throw your toys out your pram I'm off.

Not very "peaceful", are you?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: peacefulpete

It's not our moon. It's the wrong size (too small),.....

At some point you're going to slap your forehead and realize how stubbornly foolish you've been, and we'll chuckle together and all go out for a beer.

Your passion is commendable, and needed.

In Earth orbit from the space station the angular size of Earth is about 160 degrees. Why doesn't the moon, by your logic, have an angular size of 40 degrees [instead of half a degree]?

I'll admit I don't know that type of measurement. But that's not relevant.

Obviously perspective can create size distortion, but that's also not really relevant.

All the posted NASA pics show the moon staying quite faithful to its proper proportions. Obviously the camera COULD create size distortion by being very close to one of the bodies, but it's not, so what's the point.

My main point is that the UFO passing behind the car is definitely not the moon. Maybe a rock, asteroid, whatever else, but it's definitely not the moon. Size, shape, color.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

How about you guys insist it's a rock, instead of insisting it's the moon, which it's clearly not. Just call it a rock or asteroid or whatever. It's MUCH more possible and believable that it's just a very strange, shiny rock / asteroid etc.

so you want readers to embrace this ignorance?

Why insist its a rock when to many it resembles the moon, its seem to be in the right position and phase according to some.

If you need to believe in this then why argue, simply believe its something unknown.

What you are arguing doesn't need any faith or belief.

Many are trying to give you hints.

This is just rubbish nonsense. The second UFO might be a rock but it's definitely not the moon. If you guys think it's a trick of perspective, you're wrong. Perspective could not distort the moon to look like that, it's not even round.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

OK, you've invested so much ego-defense in your error, the epiphany is gonna be awesome. We've ALL done it, usually more than once, and after brief embarrassment we got down to the serious research the topic requires. Give it time, maybe tonight or tomorrow night you'll sit bolt upright in bed and shout 'Dammit'. Welcome to the club, there's work to do.

Don't be a stranger.

Lol, I'm not going to come around to concluding that that one UFO is the moon. It's not. It is maybe a rock though. Perspective and size distortion will not make the round moon look like a tiny non-round rock.

You keep talking like there's some mystery about perspective and size distortion. There's not.

Look, we're on the Earth so the ground beneath our feet looks huge. If we were on the moon, then the moon dust would look huge.

If a camera was close to one body, it would look bigger.

None of this is mysterious. It's just not relevant.

The UFO is too small to be the moon, regardless perspective, size distortion, etc. The object isn't even round.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
dublicate
edit on 20-6-2018 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The second UFO might be a rock but it's definitely not the moon. If you guys think it's a trick of perspective, you're wrong. Perspective could not distort the moon to look like that, it's not even round.

there is only one reply to this and most likely anything else you will say.

Its even written by you for you.

This is just rubbish nonsense.

You cant be any more spot on

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Perspective: We all know what perspective is, and how it works. Come on man.

we?

There is one poster in this thread that isn't a part of 'we'.

I wonder who it could be

The fact is that perspective is just irrelevant to the conversation.

Oh look.

Now you say perspective is irrelevant when it wasn't earlier on.

Stop trolling ATS.

There are zero examples of the moon becoming so shrunken and distorted as that UFO that you guys keep accusing of being the moon.

Look its guilty,

the juries out, its the moon.

There is no accusations just knowledge.

Rather, all NASA photos, of the Earth and moon in space, show the moon keeping its roundness and general size properly.

Why is that?

Do you know or are just assuming because it shows in the pic then that's how it is?

Do you know how the images are taken, how they are developed and if the are composed of numerous images?

This is straight troll bullsh*t.

Look, if you want to consider a small, misshapen, non-round object as the moon, then have fun with that.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Look, we're on the Earth so the ground beneath our feet looks huge. If we were on the moon, then the moon dust would look huge.

only one reply to this

Dust would look huge on the moon, so how huge, one grain of dust ids the size of basketball or even bigger if it looks huge on the moon?

The UFO is too small to be the moon, regardless perspective, size distortion, etc. The object isn't even round.

yep

you guessed it

You say you know about phases, you know about perspective.

Have you checked to see where the moon should have been and what phase it was in?

You must have to be so adamantly against it being the moon, you must have checked.

Have you?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Well, if you are going to throw your toys out your pram I'm off.

Not very "peaceful", are you?

I'll be honest, and this is off-topic, but since you asked: I've been wondering why a theme of my life is people making problems with me, and I'm not talking about online lol, I'm talking about real life.

And then I come on here to spread some knowledge and positivity with the anonymous online community, and I see strangers arguing nonsense, in response to my legit posts about real life. Everything I post is legit and I have half the thread now clogged with idiots arguing that a small, non-round object is the moon.

I just don't have patience for it, honestly. I'm not here to argue nonsense with anyone.

The vids are real and legitimate. You can refer back to the 4-hour uncut footage. Why don't you guys study that and see if you see the moon. Wouldn't that be more productive for everyone?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

This is straight troll bullsh*t. Look, if you want to consider a small, misshapen, non-round object as the moon, then have fun with that.

forget about my opinions,

I will have fun with them and always do.

can you answer the very simple questions posed at end of the post you replied too?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

only one reply to this

Dust would look huge on the moon, so how huge, one grain of dust ids the size of basketball or even bigger if it looks huge on the moon?

yep

you guessed it

You say you know about phases, you know about perspective.

Have you checked to see where the moon should have been and what phase it was in?

You must have to be so adamantly against it being the moon, you must have checked.

Have you?

For god's sake just look at the 4-hour uncut footage, and see if you really think you're seeing the moon. I've only posted this about 300 times already lol.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hi Pete!

I'm gonna help you out here.

Can we agree that the moon and the sun appear to be roughly the same size in the sky, no matter where they are in the sky?

Can we agree that the sun's diameter is about 400 times larger than that of the moon?

Can we agree that if we follow your logic, this relative size difference should always be apparent, and that this is obviously not the case when the sun and moon are viewed from earth?

Now, imagine yourself moving closer and closer to the moon, when it is between you and the sun but just slightly off center so you can still see the sun. What do you think will happen to the relative size of the sun?

See? Pleaaaaase say YES!

soulwaxer

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Another theory:
Cars corrode really fast in space, due to intense radiation and cold. It will be a junker in 3 years. The corrosion looks like UFO's against the black of space.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

For god's sake just look at the 4-hour uncut footage, and see if you really think you're seeing the moon.

Is it different footage from the 2nd video in the OP?

If not, why?

another why is why did you reply with this asking to watch a 4 hour video in reply to a very simple post asking 2 things?

I've only posted this about 300 times already lol.

and is what is in the 4 hour video not in the 2 clips you posted in your OP?

whatever you say.

simple questions are replied to by posting a 4 hour video and asking did you watch instead of a yes or no answer to the simple question to either further the conversation or end it because you haven't checked the things asked.

There is some straight up trollin going on, its when replies have no relevance to what is being replied too.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer
Hi Pete!

I'm gonna help you out here.

Can we agree that the moon and the sun appear to be roughly the same size in the sky, no matter where they are in the sky?

Can we agree that the sun's diameter is about 400 times larger than that of the moon?

Can we agree that if we follow your logic, this relative size difference should always be apparent, and that this is obviously not the case when the sun and moon are viewed from earth?

Now, imagine yourself moving closer and closer to the moon, when it is between you and the sun but just slightly off center so you can still see the sun. What do you think will happen to the relative size of the sun?

See? Pleaaaaase say YES!

soulwaxer

I already just explained all of that myself, a couple posts back.

But it's not relevant.

The topic is Elon Musk's car video. In space.

So what's relevant is how things look in space.

Obviously the Earth is close in his car video, so the Earth looks huge.

However, we still have the general sense of how big the moon should look, regardless that the Earth is overly big from proximity. Fine, so the moon should look a bit smaller in relation to the Earth, because the Earth is blown-up by being close to it.

However, I still say that the Earth in that car video gives us a general sense of how big the moon should appear.

Yes, it will be slightly disproportionate because the camera is closer to the Earth, yet the moon would still appear to be sizable.

The UFO in question is way too small to be the moon, which would not be shrunken down to that miniscule size. That's just not how it looks in space.

Plus the object isn't round, it's angular, which was one reason it seems artificial. The moon remains round-looking.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Another theory:
Cars corrode really fast in space, due to intense radiation and cold. It will be a junker in 3 years. The corrosion looks like UFO's against the black of space.

Actually Elon Musk and his company seemed to expect the car to last thousands and thousands of years. It's on a very long-term trajectory to eventually reach Mars (in a few thousand years) and enter orbit around the red planet. Not that I really trust that they could plan that out accurately lol.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

For god's sake just look at the 4-hour uncut footage, and see if you really think you're seeing the moon.

Is it different footage from the 2nd video in the OP?

If not, why?

another why is why did you reply with this asking to watch a 4 hour video in reply to a very simple post asking 2 things?

I've only posted this about 300 times already lol.

and is what is in the 4 hour video not in the 2 clips you posted in your OP?

whatever you say.

simple questions are replied to by posting a 4 hour video and asking did you watch instead of a yes or no answer to the simple question to either further the conversation or end it because you haven't checked the things asked.

There is some straight up trollin going on, its when replies have no relevance to what is being replied too.

I honestly thought that you're trolling me.

The reason I'm prompting you to look at the full footage, is because it's obvious that the moon isn't there. The full 4 hours are right there.

You can spend 30 seconds skipping around those 4 hrs and see that the moon isn't in the video. The Earth is a recurring presence, and if the moon was there, then it would also keep reappearing constantly, like the Earth does.

The UFO in question is one moment out of 4 hrs.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The reason I'm prompting you to look at the full footage, is because it's obvious that the moon isn't there. The full 4 hours are right there.

I am having trouble understanding your answer.

It is different or its the same footage in the clips in your OP?

The Earth is a recurring presence, and if the moon was there, then it would also keep reappearing constantly, like the Earth does.

that depends on how the car is rotating.

so perspective like you say is irrelevant is very relevant more so than very but completely relevant.

and that moment is?

timestamp?

Everything you need to know to know what that object is has been mentioned in this thread.

If you want to know simply follow what asked in this thread of you and you should find out exactly what that object is.

This is whats been pointed out by a few posters, one being a former NASA employee.

Questions asked in this thread by posters will give you the knowledge to know what it is.

Posters have tried simply telling you what it is but faith and beliefs have a lot to do with it for you and just cannot believe them, when in fact beliefs are not needed here.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I am having trouble understanding your answer.

It is different or its the same footage in the clips in your OP?

The Earth is a recurring presence, and if the moon was there, then it would also keep reappearing constantly, like the Earth does.

that depends on how the car is rotating.

so perspective like you say is irrelevant is very relevant more so than very but completely relevant.

and that moment is?

timestamp?

Everything you need to know to know what that object is has been mentioned in this thread.

If you want to know simply follow what asked in this thread of you and you should find out exactly what that object is.

This is whats been pointed out by a few posters, one being a former NASA employee.

Questions asked in this thread by posters will give you the knowledge to know what it is.

Posters have tried simply telling you what it is but faith and beliefs have a lot to do with it for you and just cannot believe them, when in fact beliefs are not needed here.

Man quit trolling me.

You're not having trouble understanding my answer.

The 4-hour footage is obviously the same footage as the clips in the OP, but with all 4 hours intact. That's the different part.

The reason to look at it, is to see that the moon is obviously not part of that video. You get a rotating 360-degree shot, for 4 hours. The moon is not part of the video. If it was in the vid at all, then it would keep reappearing every few seconds, like the Earth and sun keep reappearing every few seconds, as the car turns. It's impossible for the moon to appear for one moment only. It would either be reappearing many times, or not at all.

Asking me the timestamp of the UFO is unnecessary, because the timestamp is part of the vids in the OP. Each UFO has its timestamp pointed out already.

You have contributed nothing to this thread, nor have the other posters who have been posting the same garbage as you.

At some point, it becomes obvious that the trolls' only real goal is to clog up the thread with garbage. Congratulations.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The live footage shows the Earth, bigger than the frame, and from there, we can conclude that the moon would appear as proportional to the huge Earth image.

Moon as seen from Gemini 7

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join