It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's filmed from Elon Musk's car, floating in space

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
There seems to be some optical misconceptions in this thread.

This camera is not a human eye.

The lens angular, zoom, and focus information could be readily available.

Even so, it would require optical, mathematical, and orbital expertise beyond most to interpret the actual apparent size and positioning of objects in space, with such a lens, outside of normal Earth atmosphere.

In addition, if this camera is hard mounted to the car, then any relative motion by the car, could appear to show that stationary objects in the background are the objects moving.

Our position of perspective is important to consider.

If the camera and car don't move relative to each other, but the car is twisting in space, then background objects will appear to be the moving objects, whether they are stationary or not.

I am not an expert on these optical phenomena, but I am wise enough to know that these are variables which must be accounted for.

Alone, I can neither credit, nor discredit the findings posted here.

However, both sides of the argument should be willing to accept that there is some discernible thought and logic put into the consideration from the other side.

I'd love to believe in widespread alien contact and willy nilly UFO travel in our solar system.

I must be willing to rule out conventional explanations with as much scrutiny as I apply, in my search for these incredible events.

Please consider all possibilities, before you bet the farm.
edit on 19-6-2018 by Archivalist because: meh

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Pete, when looking at the full moon from the earth the moon takes up 31 arcminutes. Thats half a degree or 1/720th of the sky. Yes, the moon is about one quarter the size of the earth and about half the diameter, BUT it's also 390.000 km away from the earth.
Why do you keep saying that the size of the moon has to be relative to the size of the earth in the video? It doesn't and it isn't.

The importance of the particle at 1:10 is the fact that this particle is floating infront of the dashboard, IN FRONT of the dashboard that is 1-2 meters away from the camera. That means that this particle is tiny, very tiny. Much like the rest of the objects in the video, well except for the moon

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
UFOs, but no stars. Very mysterious.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I assume you're trolling?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: rigel4
I don't see anything UFO Related here.

Maybe im being dum, but i dont see much of anything.

Yeah, you're being dumb.
Interesting footage OP.

Nothing I would consider UFO related... just some ice particles and other tiny bits of junk.
Obvious really !

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
There seems to be some optical misconceptions in this thread.

This camera is not a human eye.

The lens angular, zoom, and focus information could be readily available.

Even so, it would require optical, mathematical, and orbital expertise beyond most to interpret the actual apparent size and positioning of objects in space, with such a lens, outside of normal Earth atmosphere.

In addition, if this camera is hard mounted to the car, then any relative motion by the car, could appear to show that stationary objects in the background are the objects moving.

Our position of perspective is important to consider.

If the camera and car don't move relative to each other, but the car is twisting in space, then background objects will appear to be the moving objects, whether they are stationary or not.

I am not an expert on these optical phenomena, but I am wise enough to know that these are variables which must be accounted for.

Alone, I can neither credit, nor discredit the findings posted here.

However, both sides of the argument should be willing to accept that there is some discernible thought and logic put into the consideration from the other side.

I'd love to believe in widespread alien contact and willy nilly UFO travel in our solar system.

I must be willing to rule out conventional explanations with as much scrutiny as I apply, in my search for these incredible events.

Please consider all possibilities, before you bet the farm.

I agree that there are such factors at play, from the movement / turning of the car, etc. And the camera lens possibly distorting things, maybe.

So it is actually compelling if people think that the small UFO (passing behind the car and seeming to change direction) might not have really changed direction, and maybe we're just seeing effects of the lens and the car moving.

However, that object itself still looks anomalous, regardless its movement. It seems to have a glowing spot that seems potentially artificial, i.e. a light or a propulsion etc.

And for the first UFO (the flashing plane-like object): Again, even taking away its movement, it's still interesting for flashing almost exactly the same as the strobe lights of a plane.

The 3rd UFO is the 3 objects which seem to flash in sequence with each other, including the largest object showing that it has 2 distinct lighted sections. This sighting has no movement, so we don't have to worry about the car's movement or the curve of the lens.

In other words, all UFO's in the OP are strange and interesting even regardless their movement, which might be attributed to the car's movement and the camera.

Regardless, these are 3 very anomalous UFO sightings captured during those 4 hours of live footage from his car.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

OK so to clarify, are you saying that you're convinced that the small UFO (which passes behind the car, and emerges on the other side) is our moon?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
And I still can't seem to post images for whatever reason but here is a photo of the Earth and the moon in the same photo.

It validates what I've been saying. The Earth and moon remain proportionate to each other.

Can't post images but these links work:

THE MOON OBVIOUSLY LOOKS ABOUT 1/4TH THE SIZE OF EARTH.

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

edit on 19-6-2018 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

Pete, I'm suspecting you of trolling now.
From your picture :

This mosaic shows images of the Earth and Moon acquired by the NEAR spacecraft 19 hours after its flyby of 23 December 1998 at 07:23 UT. The images were taken through three filters at a distance of 400,000 km from both bodies, looking up towards the south poles. The Earth is 12,756 km in diameter and the Moon's diameter is 3475 km. Antartica is clearly visible at the center of the Earth's disk, with Australia at about 1:00. The Moon is shown 5 times brighter and 10 times closer to Earth in this image.

Did you read that Pete? The images were taken through three filters at a distance of 400,000 km from both bodies

at a distance of 400.000 km FROM BOTH BODIES!!

You just nitpicked just about the only picture ever taken from the earth and moon where the camera was as far away from earth as it was from the moon.

SERENITY NOW! SERENITY NOW!

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Well I did post two different photos, from different perspectives and positions.

The point was that in each photo, the moon remains roughly 1/4th the size of the Earth, regardless the different positions / perspectives.

The Earth and moon stay proportionate to each other. It's very clear in both NASA photos I just linked.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete

The Earth and moon stay proportionate to each other. It's very clear in both NASA photos I just linked.

Great, 2 down. 453.632.567.213 to go

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

You posted 2 pictures of the Earth and Moon, both of which were taken 400,000 km from the earth. The moon is 1/4 the size of the earth. We get that. Everybody accepts the moon is 1/4 the size of Earth.

Now the next time there is a full moon, go and take a photo of it with your Smart Phone. Even with an excellent phone, you'll be surprised at how insignificant your moon photos look. The moon will look disappointingly tiny. Even if you had a nice DSLR, you'd need to be packing a decent telephoto lens, tripod and remote shutter release before it would look moon-like.

It's all about the perspective, FOV, Focal length etc of the camera lens. From a near earth orbit, with a wide angle lens, the moon is going to look small because it is 384,000 km away!

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
^Well the best way to get an idea of how the moon and Earth look, in proportion to each other, is to keep looking at more NASA photos.

Here's a nice animated GIF that's made of multiple NASA photos, showing the moon passing in front of Earth, and keeping nice obvious proportions of the moon looking about 1/4th the size of the Earth.

www.nasa.gov...

Here's a very beautiful photo of the Earth and moon, from 63 million kilometers away:

s3.ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com...

(From this article: www.deccanchronicle.com...)

And here's a distant shot (same article) that reduces the Earth and moon to a glowing dot, BUT THEY ARE STILL PROPORTIONATE TO EACH OTHER, even as tiny glowing dots of light. It's still obvious that the moon dot is 1/4 the size of the Earth dot.

twitter.com... trending%2F150218%2Fnasa-spacecraft-captures-earth-moon-image-from-nearly-63-million-kilom.html

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The Earth-moon photo you published has this caption.

PHOTO CAPTION GALILEO
December 22, 1992 P-41508
TOP GLL/EM2 3

Eight days after its encounter with the Earth, the Galileo
spacecraft was able to look back and capture this remarkable view
of the Moon in orbit about the Earth, taken from a distance of
about 6.2 million kilometers (3.9 million miles), on December 16.

I direct your attention to the phrase "taken from a distance of
about 6.2 million kilometers (3.9 million miles".

Why do you think I urge you to think about its implications?

edit on 19-6-2018 by JimOberg because: typo

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

The Earth-moon photo you published has this caption.

PHOTO CAPTION GALILEO
December 22, 1992 P-41508
TOP GLL/EM2 3

Eight days after its encounter with the Earth, the Galileo
spacecraft was able to look back and capture this remarkable view
of the Moon in orbit about the Earth, taken from a distance of
about 6.2 million kilometers (3.9 million miles), on December 16.

I direct your attention to the phrase "taken from a distance of
about 6.2 million kilometers (3.9 million miles".

Why do you think I urge you to think about its implications?

Honestly I don't even see where that caption is from?

I don't think I misquoted anything; my links that I mentioned are from 63 million kilometers, is accurate (I just double-checked)...

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Wow. That's interesting video.

I'd want to rule out sats and other "explainable" objects first which should actually be pretty easy for the videographer to do if he was so inclined.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what else may develop.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
All I can say is that this guy must have lots of time on his hands, him and people who look for funny shaped rocks on the moon.

----

How about it being a satellite that is rotating and it has particular reflective surfaces. So if it had 3 reflections somewhere, it would give 3 flashes every rotation.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Wow that's crazy! Thank you for posting!

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
All I can say is that this guy must have lots of time on his hands, him and people who look for funny shaped rocks on the moon.

----

How about it being a satellite that is rotating and it has particular reflective surfaces. So if it had 3 reflections somewhere, it would give 3 flashes every rotation.

The big answer would be that the car is not orbiting the Earth, so we wouldn't expect to see satellites, which orbit the Earth.

The car is actually flying through space, not orbiting Earth.

Plus, the flashing UFO doesn't appear to be orbiting Earth, either. The flashing UFO seems to be flying through the darkness of space.

The video does show Earth at times, as a very bright blue image filling the screen. So if there were satellites, they would be expected to be visible around the image of Earth. Not floating through black space.

Also, just think if you saw that flashing UFO from your backyard -- you'd think it was an airplane. You'd never think it was a satellite because that's really not what they look like. It's what airplanes look like.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Also, just think if you saw that flashing UFO from your backyard -- you'd think it was an airplane. You'd never think it was a satellite because that's really not what they look like. It's what airplanes look like.

as has been mention numerous times

Yes a satellite can look exactly liked that when rotating and catching light of reflective surfaces.

You say I have no point,

I keep posting based on things you say that just aren't reality.

The dot is the moon,

The camera as you can see is has a pretty close focus.

someone said take a pic of the moon with your phone, it will just be a dot.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join