It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's filmed from Elon Musk's car, floating in space

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
a reply to: peacefulpete

The live footage shows the Earth, bigger than the frame, and from there, we can conclude that the moon would appear as proportional to the huge Earth image.

Moon as seen from Gemini 7

I like your Mario avatar.

Yes your pic shows size distortion from the camera being closer to the Earth.

But also, it's a small pic overall, so that exaggerates it.

The difference with the car vid, is that the car was not as close to Earth as that, so the car vid would not look like the photo you posted.

The car vid would actually give a better sense of how the big the moon should be expected to look, since the Earth is not nearly as blown-up in the car vid.

Also, regardless how big and close the Earth is, the moon may be disproportionate, but the moon doesn't actually shrink lol.

The UFO is far too small to be the moon.

Plus, I should have been emphasizing its other reasons that it's not the moon.

The object ISN'T ROUND. It looks angular. The moon looks round no matter what phase it's in.

Also, the uncut footage shows the full-circle surroundings for 4 hrs, and the moon just isn't there. If it was there at all, it would be reappearing, like the Earth and the sun. There's no way for the moon to appear for that one moment of that UFO only. If the moon was in the vid, it would be obvious and recurring, like we see the sun and Earth reappearing for 4 hours.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The 4-hour footage is obviously the same footage as the clips in the OP, but with all 4 hours intact. That's the different part. The reason to look at it, is to see that the moon is obviously not part of that video.

If its the same footage then there is no need to view the 4 hour video.

You get a rotating 360-degree shot, for 4 hours. The moon is not part of the video. If it was in the vid at all, then it would keep reappearing every few seconds, like the Earth and sun keep reappearing every few seconds, as the car turns.

WOW

So according to your logic, the Sun, its quite a few times bigger than earth is, we shouldn't see anything other than the sun because of its proportional size too earth.

Jeez you say other are trolling,

No one is this clueless.

Asking me the timestamp of the UFO is unnecessary, because the timestamp is part of the vids in the OP. Each UFO has its timestamp pointed out already.

So then also asking to view 4 hours is not necessary.

I don't listen or read any words on YouTube videos when I watch to analyze, I watch them and see whats shown not whats written or spoken in attempts to manipulate or lead viewers.

Seriously if you cannot answer simple questions and call everyone troll that are trying to help you then you have a long way in life to learn what is and isn't.

You have contributed nothing to this thread,

that is your ignorant opinion.

That pic Zarniwoop posted of the moon is fake, don't believe anything man, that cannot be the moon, its too small.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

The 4-hour footage is obviously the same footage as the clips in the OP, but with all 4 hours intact. That's the different part. The reason to look at it, is to see that the moon is obviously not part of that video.

If its the same footage then there is no need to view the 4 hour video.

You get a rotating 360-degree shot, for 4 hours. The moon is not part of the video. If it was in the vid at all, then it would keep reappearing every few seconds, like the Earth and sun keep reappearing every few seconds, as the car turns.

WOW

So according to your logic, the Sun, its quite a few times bigger than earth is, we shouldn't see anything other than the sun because of its proportional size too earth.

Jeez you say other are trolling,

No one is this clueless.

Asking me the timestamp of the UFO is unnecessary, because the timestamp is part of the vids in the OP. Each UFO has its timestamp pointed out already.

So then also asking to view 4 hours is not necessary.

I don't listen or read any words on YouTube videos when I watch to analyze, I watch them and see whats shown not whats written or spoken in attempts to manipulate or lead viewers.

Seriously if you cannot answer simple questions and call everyone troll that are trying to help you then you have a long way in life to learn what is and isn't.

You have contributed nothing to this thread,

that is your ignorant opinion.

That pic Zarniwoop posted of the moon is fake, don't believe anything man, that cannot be the moon, its too small.

Man come on, this is just belligerent nonsense. Go watch TV or something lol.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Also here is a nice big blown-up image of that photo that was just posted by 64-bit Mario:

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

And so even in that photo, the moon is still recognizable, and it's still round, and it's still sizable, despite the obvious closeness to the Earth.

By the way, can someone please tell me how to just embed images? When I click on the pic icon, I get a blank bar that appears and does nothing.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The moon looks round no matter what phase it's in.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

The moon looks round no matter what phase it's in.

Mario, it's a cool pic you made, but it's proving my point that the UFO object is not round. You can see that even in your pic. It's not the half-moon because the side isn't round.

Plus the car next to it shows how it appears in relation to the car, way too small (and not round).

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

It's not the half-moon because the side isn't round.

Ah, I see. You mean "curved"

It looks curved to me... just a little blurry.

ETA: Why are you talking to my avatar?
edit on 6.20.2018 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Man come on, this is just belligerent nonsense.

you must know what that is seeing as you call anyone that thinks its the moon a troll.

Now that is belligerent nonsense instead of actually trying to understand whats being said to you.

Why do you keep replying with irrelevant posts and say everyone else is derailing?

You keep going about the size of earth and the size of the moon and the comparison, so using your logic shouldn't the sun take up all the screen as the car gets it in view when it rotates?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

This was on page 1 that you posted

I don't think the car's cameras captured the moon AFAIK.

as far you know you don't think it was the moon captured.

So from a thought as far as you knew you are now adamant its not the moon but wont follow any direction given to you to see that it is.

I really don't get the change and strong confidence you speak with now when early on when only 1 person said it was moon you were not sure.

are these your videos in the OP?

That would make a lot of sense

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Thread closed.

Read your PMs. Click on the envelope in the top right corner.

Thread reopened.

edit on 6.20.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I'm going to learn how to imbed images, which will help the conversation.

But in the meantime, I just want to point out that:

The "moon" UFO that everyone keeps discussing, does get zoomed-in as much as possible, right here:

You can see the object as clear as it's possible from the original footage. And it's obviously not the moon.

Go to 00:50 to see the very largest zoom onto that "moon" UFO, which lasts about 20 seconds.

The vid concludes with zoomed footage of those 3 flashing, synchronous UFO's.

One shows a definite structure of 2 separate sections, with one section lit-up the whole time, and the second section just flashing once.

I'll imbed a pic once I figure that out lol but those 3 flashing UFO's are actually the most interesting of all.

Especially the object showing 2 sections of symmetrical lighting structure.

edit on 21-6-2018 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Dude. I like your thread and I hadn't seen the full footage of the Elon Musk car before. The flashing objects we'll probably never know for sure what they are - but tiny fragments, debris, ice crystals or 'space dandruff' would seem the most likely explanation of little flashes of light. Satellites from the orbital position of the car certainly could be visible, should one happen to reflect light from the sun - or - in some cases satellites have LIDAR in the visible spectrum. As far as I'm aware, the car will make many return passes to earth, possibly even colliding with earth eventually (after millions of years - either Earth or Venus - about a 6% chance according to mathematicians). In 2090ish it makes a close pass from what I've read. I won't be around to see it! lol.

The video you just made looks like the moon in it's last quarter phase. The object does look curved/crescent shaped to me, albeit slightly blurred. It does nothing that suggests it's propelled in any way - any apparent motion is from the car's rotation. Fascinating though it is, I don't observe anything in the videos that suggest to me that something anomalous is occurring. Though I can see why some people might feel it is.

There are far more anomalous things grabbing the headlines at the moment, things that are really making people scratch their heads.

I'm sure everybody here has learned something, even if it's just that folk can interpret things very differently from one another. Not every one has the benefit of a PhD, or a job as a rocket scientist. Some of the people that post here however do have some pretty extraordinary acumen, so when they take the time to respond, I personally keep an open mind and do some listening.

Even if they share a different opinion, it's counter productive to get annoyed. I don't share your view on it being a shiny metallic craft for example, but I appreciate you starting this thread and the ensuing discussion. There were some excellent responses from numerous members here with good information to help people get a clearer picture as to what we were likely seeing.

You've also gone to a lot of effort, thanks.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: horatio321

A make-or-break criterion for 'moon' would be to use the 'crescent' image to set the direction that the sun is casting shadows into, and see if its consistent with shadows on the car. Try it.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

A make-or-break criterion for 'moon' would be to use the 'crescent' image to set the direction that the sun is casting shadows into, and see if it's consistent with shadows on the car. Try it.
edit on 21-6-2018 by JimOberg because: typo

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

A make-or-break criterion for 'moon' would be to use the 'crescent' image to set the direction that the sun is casting shadows into, and see if its consistent with shadows on the car. Try it.

More truly the make-or-break criterion for "moon" would be to glance at the uncut 4-hour footage, and see for yourself that the moon is not part of that video.

You can skip around the 4-hour footage, and in maybe 30 seconds you can skip through the whole thing.

The Earth and sun are reappearing every few seconds, as the car spins the whole time.

The moon would also be reappearing frequently, like the sun and moon, IF it was in the video.

The "moon" object lasts maybe 20 seconds out of 4 hours. Which suggests a passing object. The celestial bodies (like the Earth and sun) are obviously suspended in the background of the video, reappearing each time the car turns.

Everyone suggesting it's the moon, reminds me of when I'm watching a Hollywood movie and my grandpa can't tell when something is CGI. I see it and wonder why other people can't see what's right in front of us.

The ANGULAR SHAPE, the small size, and the blotchy color are all wrong for it to be the moon.

I don't know why people don't just say it looks like a rock, which is much more possible and believable.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Quoting from the 1st page of this thread:

The first person to suggest it's a moon WAS ACKNOWLEDGING THAT IT'S NOT ROUND.

That's why he suggested Phobos, it's a SMALL, NON-ROUND, ANGULAR object.

mars.nasa.gov...

So all the insistence that the object is OUR moon, doesn't even survive a glance at the 1st page, when its IRREGULAR SHAPE was acknowledged, in the very first "moon" suggestion.

Phobos is at least not round, so the comparison is actually possible. Whereas suggesting it's a round object (like our moon) just isn't possible.

originally posted by: Archivalist
The irregular shaped object that passes behind the car in the first video, has the same general shape as Phobos.

Likely a nice spotting of the Martian moon.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Hey I found out how to imbed images.

So that image is the most interesting UFO of all, seen in the video above:

It clearly has 2 separate lighted sections.

The right section is glowing the whole time, while the left section only flashes briefly, which is the moment that's seen in this image.

Obvious structure that is symmetrical and very suggestive of being artificial.

(I also just tried brightening the image but there is nothing else to emerge from the image, just a little more glare from the lights.)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

It looks like the moon in it's last quarter. The lighting seems consistent.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   

So whats your argument that these 2 seperate lighted sections are part of the same object? Why couldn't they be 2 seperate objects that just happen to be next to each other that one time when the left object gets lit up?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   

The 'separate lit sections' is a still you took from one of the 3 flashes. I think it's near on impossible to prove categorically what the flashes are, but obviously they are nothing to do with the moon. Towards the end of stage 2, you can clearly see particles being ejected from the craft, in the vicinity of the Elon Musk car - the view looking at the front of the car facing towards the camera clearly shows this. Presumably these are tiny ice crystals from a thruster? Either way, they are tiny but reflect light.

Short of having any feasible way of proving what they are, obviously people can claim whatever they like - outrageous or mundane. Occam's Razor surmises 'the simplest explanation is usually the correct explanation'. Used by analysts, it can be a useful tool in filling in the blanks when you need to get a job done.

Based on this, the crescent shaped object is almost certainly the moon - 99.9999%. The flashing lights - 75% likely to be tiny ice crystals catching the sun light - 25% other satellite.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join