It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents face $132,000 claim after kid knocks over sculpture

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Fair enough, but you know what does have an impact on existence? Proof. So by all means, prove karma exists. I'll wait.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Fair enough, but you know what does have an impact on existence? Proof. So by all means, prove karma exists. I'll wait.

Actually, proof has no bearing on whether something exists or not, though proof/evidence can be used to verify existence.

Not sure what would count as proof anyway -- pictures of karma, lol, but point taken. From my perspective though, it absolutely has a material existence, though I was 100% in your camp at one time and am well-versed in modern science (BS ME/MS EE). Almost 20 years ago, the Falun Dafa teachings laid it out pretty scientifically and experientially (is that a word?) though, and I have long since changed my view on many things I swore were hogwash.
edit on 18-6-2018 by Halfswede because: spelling

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

This is why we have insurance.. I think they would have a case against the community center for hurting the child.

If a kid gets hurt on my property because my mailbox wasnt secure or whatever my insurance is going to pay them.

I would run with this...think of the PTSD the little guy has now. I see there 132k and raise it a million for child damages and creating a dangerous environment.

I think they best let it be not having a security strap on a metal sculpture.

edit on 18-6-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

OK, you're Falun Gong... we're not going to find mutual ground on this. Way too far apart on pretty much everything, so we'll simply have to agree to disagree on, well, everything.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
If a parent has a reasonable excuse to not be able to watch one five year old then how in the world does society justify 25 kinder children who are 5 years old to be with one teacher in a classroom? I also agree that this is insurance fraud. Any piece that is worth 177,000 dollars needs to have at least the minimum of some type of security to prevent damage and theft. If someone simply bumps into it and it could easily fall like it did in this video then it was perceived to be worth much less then what the insurance and community center claims. If I was a lawyer I would sue for negligence and injury to a child both physical and mental as a result of this falling piece of "Art". Parents are not responsible to pay someones attempt at insurance fraud. Insurance company admitted to negligence that contributed to its eventual fall and damage. If it wasn't this kid it could easily be anyone else from an adult to the elderly. A simple misstep could cause this to fall and missteps are to be expected and thus mitigated as a result, hence the reason we have codes for buildings that help prevent accidents that could result in injury, death and property damage. Only God is perfect.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: DBCowboy

But if the parents had been watching their kid, this would not have happened. Yes, you have to insure because parents are feckless *blanks* nowadays, but the onus belongs on them.

Yes and no...you can’t expect any human to constantly keep their eye on a five year old if they have other children or are even at an event where they will be socializing. That’s an impossible task with a five year old at a function such as this.

A good parent WOULD be able to handle their children regardless of age or numbers. It is not an impossible task.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: PaladinRoden

Yeah it's not hard to keep kids under control; just set up a boundary and have one adult watching/playing with them and switch every so often. If a kids unable to behave or stick within the boundary you hold their hand to embarrass them infront of mates and remind them big boys and girls can behave.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The parents should say fine and then counter-sue the insurance company for allowing a heavy sculpture to pose a hazard to children playing in that area. Hmmm, sue for $500,000 and then settle out of court.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Excause me just what is the POINT to Insurance if you are going to bill people who caused the problem ?
Ok mr insurance uy i want 130 k ( sure )
Broken insurance PAYS teh bill its teh WHOLE point to insurance .
For god sake you really think people have a 100 k around for kids who brake stuff ?

Well many of you had car accidents I am sure so being when IT YOUR falt the insurance company should bill YOU after the face .
Frankly I dont care if you blame mom the kid the center IT WAS INSURED when YOU wreak YOUR insurance covers it GOOD insurance will cover it EVEN when your at falt !

Bunch of money grabbers here all i see is greed in some replys a chance to milk it for all you can get .

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Apologies for the lame one line reply, but I agree.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Art is stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join