It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Successful Ethnic Group in the US May Surprise You

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

OOooo.. Might look into that.

My buddy from Ghana was telling me that if you aren't an a-hole and know what areas to stay away from you can easily stay safe and they have no problems with racism or very little.

He said it's fairly safe just hard to find opportunities. However IT and my specialization network engineering is in high demand.

Honestly it's just as safe in LA as it is anywhere to be honest. I've lived in very dangerous neighborhoods in the US I can't imagine it's much less sage. Probably just as likely to get shot.
edit on 14-6-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bladerunner44

No!. not typical at all.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

The reason they were allowed into America is because they paid to be educated there and remain in the Country so it's obvious there's going to be a high percentage having passed through higher education, anybody able to afford it abandoned Nigeria and their cash and the Middle class flowed there, an utterly corrupt system.

In the 1960s and 1970s after the Biafra War, Nigeria's government funded scholarships for Nigerian students, and many of them were admitted to American universities. While this was happening, there were several military coups, interspersed with brief periods of civilian rule. The instability resulted in many Nigerian professionals emigrating, especially doctors, lawyers and academics, who found it difficult to return to Nigeria. The most noticeable exodus occurred among professional and middle-class Nigerians who, along with their children, took advantage of education and employment opportunities in the United States. This exodus contributed to a "brain-drain" of Nigeria's intellectual resources to the detriment of its future.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I have always been on the side of immigration to the US. Remember trumps # hole comment was about the legal immigrants.

Thanks for this information.

I have always believed that ANY human being can become something great if they are free to do so.

Our children will reap the rewards that blossom from the minds of these immigrants.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Eh. Everybody lives their own lives. Some are driven to be "successful," others can find happiness without it, some manage to do both. We all end up rotting in our lonely graves.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Our children will reap the rewards that blossom from the minds of these immigrants.

I don't have any children, but please Nigerians, please feel free to fill up the Social Security and Medicare coffers that will ease my transition from old age to death.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: UnBreakable

I don't know anyone who does that.

You’re lucky then you’ve never encountered a racist.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
I guess this blows the whole concept of White Privilege apart.

Nigeria is wealthy from the oil industry. Then the parents can afford to get an good education and make sure their children do as well. There are 15,000 Nigerians living in Aberdeen, Scotland.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
[n]ative African-Americans.

This conjured an amusing if not PC image, thank you.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Spider879
..BTW Caribbean folks and other folks from Africa didn't do too badly either.

That's because Caribbean folk aren't lazy lima beans and have at least tree job man.

Hahaha, funny story I wanted money to go see a flick with my new girl friend, got the runaround from Moms, sigh I went to see dad, he went into the long bs story about sharing one pair of shoes between his brothers, they had to switch up every day and walked for god knows how many miles to school.. I looked at this cheap lying ass sideways, he promptly took me across the street to Alex Fabric to get me my first job, sweeping up, the pay was crap, but at least I could take my new girl to Time Sq..

sounds like your dad raised you right.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Madrusa

Yup.

In Nigeria you have to grease pockets or be connected to get anywhere.

Kinda like what the US has been becoming

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yeah , whatever muckups have I incurred is due to me and not them.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

But they're dark skinned this shouldn't be possible in America with light skin privilege.

Looks like people are just people after all regardless of skin color.

Ashkenazi jews, and germans are both light skinned. Yet one group so under-performed at large, that they started to hunt the other for being too successful due to innate superior ability.

What happened in nazi germany and the soviet union, that max theft and extermination of the successful higher capacity individuals, that is the end result of this idea that everyone is equal and all inequality is the result of oppression and abuse, not differences in innate ability. Such abuses, such denial of reality, is the end path of the radical left left to its own devices.
edit on 19-7-2018 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I have always been on the side of immigration to the US. Remember trumps # hole comment was about the legal immigrants.

Thanks for this information.

I have always believed that ANY human being can become something great if they are free to do so.

When the higher iq higher capacity individuals migrate they do provide growth and improvement to the nation they move to. When the low iq low capacity individuals move they provide net cost a net loss to the nation they come to.

That said, doing a brain drain of the best and brightest of those who come from developing countries, is probably not to the benefit of the nations from where they leave. As always if you take the best and brightest, it would be extremely unlikely that they would under-perform, more than likely they'd be well above average in performance.

People forget, that there is a curve of performance in any population's capacity. There are high performance individuals in virtually all populations, what varies is how common they are, and the average of most of the population.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
I believe this goes against all the Africans have lower IQs nonsense. I believe in nature over nurture, people that grew up in Africa don't have the same stigma of the African Americans that grew up here of racism and the victim mentality. People in America tend to have a really crappy work ethic regardless of skin color. If we all had a work ethic like the Amish America would truly be great again!!

NO ONE SAYS ALL africans have low iq, only that most nations in africa have lower average iq. Tests of intellectual ability have been performed even at university level, even with those who've reached that level of education, and simply validated previous results.

IQ is not a measure of education, it is a measure of intellectual capability.

IQ is not biased against other ethnic groups, because if it were it would under predict their performance, but it doesn't under predict it predicts just as well independent of ethnic group.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
These are the people that will MAGA, not the ones demanding handouts or alternative curriculum

How the F do you think they paid for these educations? Cash?

(hint: handouts)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Im unsurprised. A close friend is Nigerian. His wife was caribbean (she passed). His family is incredibly driven and successful. Hers too.

I know quite a few Kenyans too. Again...industrious people. They treat America far better than Americans treat them.

I totally agree. They still realized that the US is a country of opportunity. You can only achieve if you're willing to work for it, dream big and stick with it

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
I believe this goes against all the Africans have lower IQs nonsense. I believe in nature over nurture, people that grew up in Africa don't have the same stigma of the African Americans that grew up here of racism and the victim mentality. People in America tend to have a really crappy work ethic regardless of skin color. If we all had a work ethic like the Amish America would truly be great again!!

NO ONE SAYS ALL africans have low iq, only that most nations in africa have lower average iq. Tests of intellectual ability have been performed even at university level, even with those who've reached that level of education, and simply validated previous results.

IQ is not a measure of education, it is a measure of intellectual capability.

IQ is not biased against other ethnic groups, because if it were it would under predict their performance, but it doesn't under predict it predicts just as well independent of ethnic group.

I disagree. I think IQ is just ONE indicator of success in life.

I'm dumb as a rock, low IQ....couldn't pass algebra to save my life. Pay someone to do my taxes for me.

However, I own my own business, have a wife 3 kids, 2 dogs and 2 cats in a huge house with a giant swimming pool, Motorcycle, several cars, hold all kinds of martial arts degrees and certifications and people pay to work with me every day. In every measurable way, I'm a success at life, despite low iQ.

IQ means nothing. It's a way to divide us and keep us down.
edit on 19-7-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

You spelled "crippling debt from education loans" wrong, not that anyone ever pays them back, but you do "pay" for them in credit strikes.

Moreover I meant "Handouts" as in welfare. These folks are actively learning and looking for careers

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

You found a way to parlay your physical ability into a strength to succeed.

It's a misnomer to think that all scientists are extreme brainiacs. One of the more eminent physicists of the recent past was "only" a 120.

What IQ does mean is your capacity to learn. It's not a limit as much as an indication of how hard it is for you to pick up a new concept or idea. Theoretically, a person of below average intellect would possibly be able to learn advanced astrophysics, but it would take them a long, long time and lots and lots of applied study to get there.

Lets look at it this way - Someone with an IQ of say 135ish might only need to be exposed to a new concept once in order to absorb it and master it.

The typical person of more average IQ can still master the same concept, but they might take 6 or 7 repetitions of the material.

Someone down below the average might take another 6 or more, but still be able to master the same concept given time and exposure.

Our schools these days are geared for the average kids. That's the only reason why the lesser able may not reach more than they do unless you're talking actual mental impairment. It has little to do with whether or not they can and more to do with whether or not they're given the opportunity, and you see that stifling of opportunity on both ends of the spectrum.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join