It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Has Awoken A Slumbering Moose(Canada)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Maybe we can bring back our car factories from Canada. We could use more jobs here.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Canadian Bacon

You yankee hozers don't have a clue eh!

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Im no liberal. But like the majority of conservatives here in Alberta we are actually behind him. Tired of being pushed around.

🇨🇦🇨🇦

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw
a reply to: strongfp

no problem . stay out of my country and I will stay out of yours . Also would you stop sending your garbage to the U.S. keep your damn garbage in your own country .

This is not how it should be. It's sad to see such relations just crumble because of a leader who can't actually sit down and think rationally.

And they say the left acts off emotion? See the temper tantrums Trump and his advisers had when Trudeau simply said "no", they threw a fit, and then called a murderer, slave driving dictator a nice guy the next day! What the hell is going on!?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

No worries-have you seen the exchange rate? Trudeau is way out of his league-he knows it and now most of Canada does.

Canada barely functions without the US economy.

Canada is the Queen and she could snuff Trump out like a drippy candle.....with just one wave of her hand...…..and as far as any USA-Canada friction....have you measured the border yet and do you have a clue of the dynamic of friendship between the 2 Countries that has been bought and paid for by America for a very very long time.....stop paying your dues if you wish ….but piss Canada off and then you will watch them make closer friends with Russia and China until Canada agrees to let one of those or both of them HELP BUILD A DEEP-WATER PORT UP NORTH under the auspices of shipping Oil offshore......lol...the it wont be a hop-skip and a jump for Americas foes to rip her belly out it will only be a HOP.

America doesnt sleep at night EVER if Canada is not Standing on Guard....and this dynamic isnt changing anytime soon.....pay upand shut up before JT gets jumpy because he has his Fathers temper you just dont see it.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Trump Has Awoken A Slumbering Moose

I did that once, should have gone coyote and chewed my arm off, grab the rest of the tequila and snuck out!

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Trump Has Awoken A Slumbering Moose

I did that once, should have gone coyote and chewed my arm off, grab the rest of the tequila and snuck out!

Must have been a big bottle of Tequilia if it wasn't empty but you were all dogged up and left Moose-bound....lol...should have racked out before you pushed opened the gate and deep-sixed that sweetheart deal , rumor has it those Moose make one hell of a Breakfast of Champions . That's what you call living in the moment....just like a true BlueJacket.....lol.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Actually, I don't doubt this will short term help Trudeau's polls. Rally around the flag, so to speak. Obviously Trudeau desperately needs that support as I haven't met a single Canadian who admits he voted for him...out west.

Yup. Attack the PM and you're just putting votes in his pocket. That's the Canadian way. You guys think Justin is...whatever. Be glad you don't have to deal with his father anymore.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

This topic highlights one of the issues many of us had with Trump.

His lack of understanding of diplomacy and his tendency to spit drama like a little girl on twitter are not great qualities.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: proximo

Being this naive to the situation ... good lord do a little research into what you blab about.

Trump is focusing on the 270% tariff costs for dairy coming INTO Canada.
Guess what, we are protecting OUR dairy farmers and making it a FAIR deal for both sides.

Did you know that the US government buys back over 25 million dollars worth of unused dairy, and spills over 20 million gallons of milk because the US population doesn't buy it. Maybe if you people stopped drinking soda and sugary drinks and more water and milk you wouldn't need to spill over into another nation for your capitalist greed. Here's a suggestion, stop over producing, stop trying to make more money for once, and concentrate on your own goddamn nation for once.

As a Canadian, WE DO NOT WANT YOUR DAIRY, get over yourselves, leave us alone.

That's because they put all sorts of growth hormones and other chemicals into their cattle. When I was in California, they even added sugar to the skimmed milk!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

The Queen. Hmmmmm. Interesting thoughts. We took care of that issue a couple of centuries ago. Keep up with the times.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I was talking to people in the steel industry, they are not happy about this on either side of the border.

Soooo.....let me ask is this really worth it ?
Is it worth angering all your allies to such an extent that not only does it perturb the political body, but the very people that vote for them as well. The polarizing action just means a further digging in as it plays well politically, this is a lose/lose gambit with Canada. Trump has made his Art of The Deal move and floated stuff like he always does, lets see where this goes.

Let's remember the apple never falls that far from the tree, Trudeau senior was never pushed around either when crisis hit, for those that know history.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: one4all

The Queen. Hmmmmm. Interesting thoughts. We took care of that issue a couple of centuries ago. Keep up with the times.

Yes indeed,I believe it is called Global Corporate Expansion.....and good renters are hard to find.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Actually, I don't doubt this will short term help Trudeau's polls. Rally around the flag, so to speak. Obviously Trudeau desperately needs that support as I haven't met a single Canadian who admits he voted for him...out west.

Yup. Attack the PM and you're just putting votes in his pocket. That's the Canadian way. You guys think Justin is...whatever. Be glad you don't have to deal with his father anymore.

Well im going tobsay both are idiots. But it could have been worse Trump could have decided to wear a mounties outfit while visiting. And thank god Canada disnt let him dress up.

www.rt.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw
a reply to: strongfp

no problem . stay out of my country and I will stay out of yours . Also would you stop sending your garbage to the U.S. keep your damn garbage in your own country .

Mayne we should keeo our water in our own country too. Maybe thats what Trump is looking for. Turn the taps off for California...

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Not all south of the border are as hostile.

twitter.com...

“Geography has made us neighbours. History has made us friends. Economics has made us partners, and necessity has made us alies. Those who nature has so joined together, let no man put us under.” - John. F. Kennedy speaking about the US and Canadian relationship. #ThanksCanada

#ThanksCanada and @JustinTrudeau for everything you do! You are a fantastic leader of an incredible country and MANY Americans love you guys! So sorry for the puerile and foolish actions of our current leader. Our next leader will be an improvement, we promise.

All things must change.
edit on 16CDT08America/Chicago04380830 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

When in Canada, The Queen uses her Personal Canadian Flag. The design is made up of the arms of Canada with the Queen’s own device - the initial 'E' - in the centre. The device is surmounted by the St. Edward’s Crown within a gold chaplet of roses on a blue background. It is flown, day and night, at any building in which she is in residence.

Personal Canadian Flag

Exchange rate today down a penny ... CAD = .76 to 1.00 USD

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder

When in Canada, The Queen uses her Personal Canadian Flag. The design is made up of the arms of Canada with the Queen’s own device - the initial 'E' - in the centre. The device is surmounted by the St. Edward’s Crown within a gold chaplet of roses on a blue background. It is flown, day and night, at any building in which she is in residence.

Personal Canadian Flag

Exchange rate today down a penny ... CAD = .76 to 1.00 USD

And 1.00 USD is 0.75 pound sterling

Whats your point?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Today, all currencies around the world are fiat currencies, and not one single currency is backed by gold or silver.

The Canadian Dollar is not physically backed by gold; it is a fiat currency, and underlying true backing is the confidence of its people. The Canadian central bank also possesses an insignificant amount of gold in foreign exchange reserves to back up the monetary system. Talk about a no contingency plan in the event of a currency crisis.

No Country Currency backed by Silver or Gold

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Today, all currencies around the world are fiat currencies, and not one single currency is backed by gold or silver.

The Canadian Dollar is not physically backed by gold; it is a fiat currency, and underlying true backing is the confidence of its people. The Canadian central bank also possesses an insignificant amount of gold in foreign exchange reserves to back up the monetary system. Talk about a no contingency plan in the event of a currency crisis.

No Country Currency backed by Silver or Gold

Correct. Fiat currency is the most stable currency ever developed. Similar to the Colonial Script that the US used to issue way back.

And not to mention. Canadian confidence is VERY high.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join