It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Has Awoken A Slumbering Moose(Canada)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
So before the "Tirade" of Trump and his acolytes....Canadians were just kind of like "whatever it's your mess".
But now they are angry, to the point that even those that always attack the Prime Minster are lining up behind him.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau may be taking a “cooler heads” approach to the barrage of insults from U.S. President Donald Trump and his top aides as Canada-U.S. trade tensions thicken, but consumers north of the border are proving less stoic.Scores of shoppers and travellers are mounting strikes against America’s pocketbook by boycotting U.S. goods and trips to the States. On Twitter, hashtags including #BuyCanadian, #BoycottUSProducts and #BoycottUSA are spreading tips on using purchasing power to defend Canada’s honour.....
The extent to which Canadians are willing to do without American products has yet to be seen. But if the online fervor for punishing Trump at the checkout line persists, it may serve as a reminder of Canada’s economic heft.

Source
edit on 6/13/2018 by Blaine91555 because: edited in proper ex tags and a link to the source.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

No worries-have you seen the exchange rate? Trudeau is way out of his league-he knows it and now most of Canada does.

Canada barely functions without the US economy.

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You know what I say to that - Tough.

All Trump is asking for is reciprocal trade. He is not after shafting Canada, he just wants fairness.

If Canadian's think they are entitled to think they can can get the best of us - I say go ahead and try.

I know how that will end and so do all the Canadians.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
bahahaha

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

And boy are they really....peeved!

It will be revisited. Part of the Trump strategy,for better or ill.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Buy Canadian ? Nobody likes their bacon.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Actually, I don't doubt this will short term help Trudeau's polls. Rally around the flag, so to speak. Obviously Trudeau desperately needs that support as I haven't met a single Canadian who admits he voted for him...out west.

If Kim can come to an accord with Trump, a dictator, why can't Trudeau?? If you want to fall back on Anti-Americanism, it will be Trudeau who has the last laugh.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Looks like Canada has a MSM too !!

😎🔑

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like Canada has a MSM too !!

😎🔑

Canada takes i's news from the US MSM then filters it even more....

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Trump didn't like that he said publicly "we won't be pushed around" right before the NK summit.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

And boy are they really....peeved!

It will be revisited. Part of the Trump strategy,for better or ill.

One might say they are almost but not quite thoroughly miffed...

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

The thread's premise is bull. I've seen more, way more criticism of Trudeau's handling of it by Canadians rather than some surge of anti-Americanism.

The situation has been around for decades and the current 'leaders' in the countries involve face political loss if the negotiate 'fairer' trade agreements. A little 'face-saving' before actual negotiations occur is reasonable.

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: Jonjonj

The thread's premise is bull. I've seen more, way more criticism of Trudeau's handling of it by Canadians rather than some surge of anti-Americanism.

The situation has been around for decades and the current 'leaders' in the countries involve face political loss if the negotiate 'fairer' trade agreements. A little 'face-saving' before actual negotiations occur is reasonable.

So true...

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Thank you! I was really needing a good laugh and you have just made my day, thank you!

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Being this naive to the situation ... good lord do a little research into what you blab about.

Trump is focusing on the 270% tariff costs for dairy coming INTO Canada.
Guess what, we are protecting OUR dairy farmers and making it a FAIR deal for both sides.

Did you know that the US government buys back over 25 million dollars worth of unused dairy, and spills over 20 million gallons of milk because the US population doesn't buy it. Maybe if you people stopped drinking soda and sugary drinks and more water and milk you wouldn't need to spill over into another nation for your capitalist greed. Here's a suggestion, stop over producing, stop trying to make more money for once, and concentrate on your own goddamn nation for once.

As a Canadian, WE DO NOT WANT YOUR DAIRY, get over yourselves, leave us alone.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

With the current climate Canada will be one of many countries boycotting American goods. It's going to hurt the American economy in the not too distant future.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

THIS is considered a 'tirade'?

PM Justin Trudeau of Canada acted so meek and mild during our @G7 meetings only to give a news conference after I left saying that, “US Tariffs were kind of insulting” and he “will not be pushed around.” Very dishonest & weak. Our Tariffs are in response to his of 270% on dairy!

twitter.com...

Based on Justin’s false statements at his news conference, and the fact that Canada is charging massive Tariffs to our U.S. farmers, workers and companies, I have instructed our U.S. Reps not to endorse the Communique as we look at Tariffs on automobiles flooding the U.S. Market!

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

www.theglobeandmail.com...

Canada is hosed here.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Buy Canadian ? Nobody likes their bacon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join