It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adult Autism a Disappointing Answer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
The world is not going to change for you.

No kidding.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Annee
The world is not going to change for you.

No kidding.

It's a reality people like us have to face.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey
My son has Aspergers and also dysgraphia. We found that triangular grip pencils from faber castelle changed his handwriting immediately. He still writes everything compressed into the top left of a page though...

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Who cares what you feel about other people...who cares if you are an as you say a-hole....no one really cares....even if you think they do it is only the reflection of a small peer approval status quo rearing its ugly head up at you....just dont get caught breaking the laws and you will have no stigma attatched to you whatsoever...have you looked around lately pal....lol...there are mentally ill nutbars running all over the steets because no sngle Governmental group will waste the money they have to play with during THEIR TENURE to make positive long term comittments to getting these people off the streets...and it is these people who are now feeding the prison for profit system...and THIS IS WHY they are kept on the streets by our societal so-called Guardians.

People better get used to the Autism Spectrum identifiers because humanity is DE-VOLVING and as we do more and more and more babies will be born not wanting to communicate verbally....but wanting to communicate symboliclly or telepathiclly which would be our evolutionary normal.

This is about a natural evolutionary path of least resistance kids are now beng born with.....kids ar ebeing born BETTER...but there are no supports ready and prepared to help them de-volve comfortably....they are being tortured because science and medicine are bought out by the Global Cabal and no one wishes to address the causality of these conditions.

edit on 18-6-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: EasyPleaseMe

Thanks for the tip...I'll see if my wife has tried that before or not.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Sorry for the late response--

So, he's 11? That's about the time that my son started going through some changes that helped mellow him out (the initial rush of puberty and testosterone). Hopefully that will have the same effect for your son, too. In a couple of years, think back and you'll probably see a completely different kid standing before you.

Random question--does your son "allow" hugs? I probably haven't been able to hug my son in about three years. While I have adapted to that reluctantly, we are currently going through the last days of his dog whom he's had since he was four years old--she has cancer. The inability to hug my son and comfort him when he is obviously so emotionally upset is killing me, and I dread the day that we have to take her in and have her euthanized.

As a dad watching my son hurt but not being able to comfort him is a pretty hard thing to go through...just wondering if you are in the same boat as me on that one. I can deal fairly well with most other things, but this is a tough one that I internalize most of the time and talk about with the wife occasionally.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
I’m not sure where you live but in the UK you can get a little financial help if your condition makes life more expensive or difficult for you, even without a diagnosis.

I used to want to be like other people when I was younger. Now I’m glad I'm not, and I appreciate my ‘gifts’.

edit on 18/6/2018 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey
I did’t allow hugs as a child and I still get nothing from them. Just being with your son is all the comfort he needs, if he is anything like me.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: EasyPleaseMe

yeah my son was given a gromit which was used with a pencil to help with grip, they are available quite cheap

CLAW grip

these can be again and on deifferent pencils

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
No, it allows you to understand what may be affecting your life.

I'm not buying it. It would be like somebody thinking they're right-handed their whole life, and they take some tests and a professional now tells them that the way their brain is wired, they're really left-handed. Hooray? Now they can start writing with their left hand and everything will be better? Or will it be more like, "That explains why my handwriting is so crappy!" But they're still going to have crappy handwriting.

As an adult recently diagnosed with autism, it helped me understand a lot about myself, and makes me feel less like I just am not trying hard enough to be a functional adult like my peers.

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: dug88

If you go to the doctor for a perceived mental problem even if you haven't got one. You will be diagnosed with something exotic. Then given pills for it. Because that's how the world is. Then after a while you will believe that you have a mental condition, simply because if you have been diagnosed with one, then who are you to say otherwise. Then after a few years on the pills the damage will be evident and you really will have an identifiable mental illness. When the fact is we are all insane and are just acting civilized because it gets us more things with less effort.
The problem with the civilised state of affairs is that you can be labeled as a such and such, which keeps the money coming in for the labeler but , as far as you are concerned your life could change for the worse. I remember a time when if you stood out from the mob by dressing differently you were considered insane. Or if you said to a doctor that you go astral travelling in your sleep, you would definitely be called a Schizophrenic. Or if Gay considered a mental case as well. Ninety per cent of this modern society is bull# , and should be taken with a pinch of salt, and enjoy the humor it provides.

I spent years going to mental health professionals for a diagnosis of my obvious mood disorder, and no one ever diagnosed me with anything more exotic than depression. It was actually very difficult to get a diagnosis of a bipolar because I had trouble articulating my symptoms, and had so many blown off for so long I didn't even realize they were outside the norm. Now I'm diagnosed with bipolar, adhd, and autism, and am medicated and more functional than I have been in my entire adult life.
edit on 25-6-2018 by PhoenixLight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join