It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden mobilizes it's entire Home guard of 22,000

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
After a bit of research, the reason for such, is to do a military drill/war game.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Yes, there clearly are internal reasons for this. My concern about these experiments in multiculturalism, is what happens when these experiments fail to deliver the desired outcomes? What is the remedy?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Russia is to the West, not South. You asked earlier, what were you missing, what is to the South?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Disputed AND otherwise Scandinavian territory and oil/gas reserved mostly north of the Arctic circle, Russia want's them and is possibly already tapping some of them using horizontal bore or fracture techniques, also Russia has long coveted a lot of that territory and Stalin in particular wanted to reclaim the Baltic states had he had the chance since he regarded them as former imperial Russian territory, Putin also want's to restore Russia's dominance and see's the fall of the soviet union as a geopolitical disaster for his country which he long's to redress perhaps by forming a new Russian empire of sort's.
www.quora.com...
So Resources, Political regional power and of course the shifting balance of power are actually dangerous factor's - IF we are to believe putin is actually a bad guy.
He is no saint that is for sure but is he really bad enough to want to push ahead with such a course of action IF the opportunity arises for him to do so.
Probably yes but one mans bad is perhaps another man's good it just depends on which side and are you going to benefit or lose from such a shift in geopolitical balance.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: feoil

Russia is to the West, not South. You asked earlier, what were you missing, what is to the South?

Please. I was going under the assumption that Russia was the point of interest. At least, that's what's been implied by Norway's apparent desire to have the Marines stationed closer to the Russian border. If you have other thoughts on the matter, please articulate them.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I hear it’s about the Zeta Reticulans
They’re back
Putin has been trying to warn us
But he’s been compromised
Keep your eyes on the sky
Watch for CERN to suddenly disappear
Look for landing lights on the new moon
Out

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
With peace possible on the Korean peninsula defense contractors need tension elsewhere to continue selling their weapons. With war games called off less ammunition will be used they need to stir the pot somewhere. This is none other than a threat to trump to falter on peace talks with NK. In addition, wait for the turmoil to erupt in the middle east if Trump doesn't back away from peace talks.

It is a conspiracy theory but just as probable as Putin trying to make a move without provocation.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

if I was American I'd be proper pissed off that my tax dollars were wasted on pointless European bases.

I'm more pissed off how American politicians are living high on the hog on *my* dime, and letting things like infrastructure go to hell. Plus other things like the social safety net, etc. The unbelievable military spending is just gravy on a manure cake of graft and corruption at this point.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
With peace possible on the Korean peninsula defense contractors need tension elsewhere to continue selling their weapons. With war games called off less ammunition will be used they need to stir the pot somewhere. This is none other than a threat to trump to falter on peace talks with NK. In addition, wait for the turmoil to erupt in the middle east if Trump doesn't back away from peace talks.

It is a conspiracy theory but just as probable as Putin trying to make a move without provocation.

Hmm. Georgia, Crimea, the Ukraine, I'd lean to a continued trend with actual or invented 'provocation' rather than yours.

Not impossible, though.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
defense contractors were all over Ukraine causing turmoil weeks before the Crimea people voted to rejoin its home country of Russia.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
defense contractors were all over Ukraine causing turmoil weeks before the Crimea people voted to rejoin its home country of Russia.

Based on Wiki, the real vote was done in their 'assembly', or whatever they call it. With people standing behind them armed to the teeth.

When ever in history has a nation that left an Empire willingly rejoined it?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Not long ago i posted thread about Sweden sending to households leaflet which is "BE PREPARED FOR WAR"
i put link here too
LEAFLE T IN ENGLISH

There is something cooking which we do not know yet ( got that itch), this news that they are mobilizing entire homeguards is something we should keep an eye on.. what next

bookmarking the thread...

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I incorporated that pdf in my signature, I love it, Sweden will never stop resisting so don't believe the news lol

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
First this mobilization, the first in 40 years. Talk of war and now Norway is requesting an increase of U.S. Marine personnel from just over 300 to 700 to be stationed close to the Russian border.

The first was interesting, but add in the second? So what's going on up that way that isn't getting media coverage? (A sure sign that something is going on.) Yes, bigger news to cover these days and this is flying under the radar, but two countries?

www.rt.com...

Doesn't Putin ever give it a rest??

I am a swede living in Denmark, I can´t find any more info about this in the media, do you have another source apart from the RT article?

Much love

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryptical

originally posted by: nwtrucker
First this mobilization, the first in 40 years. Talk of war and now Norway is requesting an increase of U.S. Marine personnel from just over 300 to 700 to be stationed close to the Russian border.

The first was interesting, but add in the second? So what's going on up that way that isn't getting media coverage? (A sure sign that something is going on.) Yes, bigger news to cover these days and this is flying under the radar, but two countries?

www.rt.com...

Doesn't Putin ever give it a rest??

I am a swede living in Denmark, I can´t find any more info about this in the media, do you have another source apart from the RT article?

Much love

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryptical

I googled it and there's quite a bit from varied sources. www.cnn.com...
edit on 13-6-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Putin sneezed. On camera!

And caused the Ebola outbreak.
edit on 13-6-2018 by JosephKnecht because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Imagine that you are a State that has engaged in a social experiment, and that experiment has failed to deliver the hoped for outcomes. How would that experiment be reversed?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: feoil

Imagine that you are a State that has engaged in a social experiment, and that experiment has failed to deliver the hoped for outcomes. How would that experiment be reversed?

My 'imagination' is wild, untamed. I can 'imagine' a lot.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
As a Norwegian myself, this whole thing has been blown out of proportion :/ smh. and the russians have deployed 36 warships to the Barents sea, saying its a training exercise. the Norwegian government was not told about this beforehand.
edit on 14-6-2018 by darkspace because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join