It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden mobilizes it's entire Home guard of 22,000

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
First this mobilization, the first in 40 years. Talk of war and now Norway is requesting an increase of U.S. Marine personnel from just over 300 to 700 to be stationed close to the Russian border.

The first was interesting, but add in the second? So what's going on up that way that isn't getting media coverage? (A sure sign that something is going on.) Yes, bigger news to cover these days and this is flying under the radar, but two countries?

www.rt.com...

Doesn't Putin ever give it a rest??

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I must've missed something.

What is Putin doing this time?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Putin sneezed. On camera!

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Oh my God! No way!

I knew he was trying to start the WWWIII. This is CLEARLY an threat to the free world.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Will this be a case of "the boy who cried Russia"? Is that what this is all about? Cry wolf enough people stop listening....this sets the stage for some serious subterfuge. The government corruption scandals couldn't have possibly come at a better time for some people, it seems. This is super fishy.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Why would Norway be asking for 700 US Marines when they have a regular and reserve army of around 55,000 troops?
Would it be to drag the US into conflict if there was an attack of some sort maybe.
I'd tell them to piss off if I was Trump, defend yourselves.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

I must've missed something.

What is Putin doing this time?

Damned if I know...

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Must be a run on chocolate.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

The people are probably prepping for a revolt over their taxation by their federal governments.

If they're not, they should be.

How Scandinavian Countries Pay for Their Government Spending

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Why would Norway be asking for 700 US Marines when they have a regular and reserve army of around 55,000 troops?
Would it be to drag the US into conflict if there was an attack of some sort maybe.
I'd tell them to piss off if I was Trump, defend yourselves.

Meh, I'm of mixed feelings on the matter.Let's not forget the U.K. is suffering ruffled feathers and warning Putin as well.

Seeing Putin tests the Russian-U.S. border with bombers on a regular basis. Does the same with the U.K., has the Scandinavians all upset, Then there their Syrian efforts,the Ukraine.... one has to wonder what this guy is up to?

It's almost as if someone or some group is empowering him. He sure as heck can't afford all the costs of it.

There's already over 300 Marines deployed in Norway..'winter conditions training' cough, cough. Norway wants more.

What are we missing in all this???

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

One slip and boom.

I have it on good authority that US Marines are going to mobilize for training in Norway.
edit on 13-6-2018 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I can see Putin going after Ukraine, Latvia etc, but he won't attack Britain, not a chance, too much dirty Russian money is tied up in London property and investments, he ain't going to destroy his own assets.
I wouldn't be surprised if at the top they're all mates, and it is an unspoken agreement that we mind their wealth and they leave us alone. We are talking billions of £'s.
But again, if Norway has 50 odd thousand potentially active troops then what are 700 US Marines going to do?
I'd say the only reason to have them there is to drag the US into conflict if something happens.
If I was Trump I'd pull them out, and I'd also pull out of Germany, let them defend themselves, must cost a fortune having bases all over the world.
edit on 13-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: typo

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I'd just tell NATO to shove it, especially if Merkel keeps playing her games. The U.S. can always make new bi-lateral defense agreements with the U.K. and any others they want.

The EU can easily counter Russia, militarily.

This may not be in case they're attacked. It might be to show the U.S. is needed in NATO? A ploy to keep Trump and the U.S. from leaving NATO? Probably a stretch, but who knows?

edit on 13-6-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

The people are probably prepping for a revolt over their taxation by their federal governments.

If they're not, they should be.

How Scandinavian Countries Pay for Their Government Spending

Interesting point. Both nations have internal problems. Could be a deflection of attention on their part.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
There was a thread on this a few weeks ago with almost the same title (probably from same article)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
There was a thread on this a few weeks ago with almost the same title (probably from same article)

Must have missed it. Is the added Norway request since then? That's really what sparked the thread.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

The Royal Navy, when we get our carriers operational with our shiny new F-35's we've bought, could easily defeat the Russian navy on our own. EU forces working together would comfortably repel any Russian attack. The US ain't needed here in Europe, and if I was American I'd be proper pissed off that my tax dollars were wasted on pointless European bases.

The UK/US situation is different though, we are heavily involved with each other, from intelligence to military force, that is hardly likely to change, from shared resources to Diego Garcia, which you rent from us for strategic purposes.
If I was Trump I'd pull right out of Europe, and just deal with us Brits.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Think, we now have three armies stationed to north of the Scandinavian peninsula. How many directions can these armies move? One, due south. Any hyperbolic stupidity about Russian "belligerence" notwithstanding.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: feoil

I'm of the mind that there are internal political reasons to all this, keep the population in fear, maybe distract them from local issues which are damaging to government.
Russia isn't invading any EU state any time soon, it's ridiculous fear mongering in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: feoil

Think, we now have three armies stationed to north of the Scandinavian peninsula. How many directions can these armies move? One, due south. Any hyperbolic stupidity about Russian "belligerence" notwithstanding.

Really? Norway and Sweden sounding off in preparation to invade Russia? With U.S. assistance of 700 Marines? Never thought of that....

edit on 13-6-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join