It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

no background checks for concealed permits for a year cause lost login

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Not when such mundane neglect is used nationally to drive an agenda to take away a constitutional right - you're right I don't have anything better to do.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

Not when such mundane neglect is used nationally to drive an agenda to take away a constitutional right - you're right I don't have anything better to do.

Fair enough.

I get that Progressives will spin this into a bigger issue than it is and I agree that can be a problem. I am saying that the human error has already been corrected and in a perfect world it would be time to move on.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: TinySickTears

Competence seems to be a foreign concept to most gov't employees.

How did you get from a story about a single employee to "most government workers." If you said the same thing about Blacks, you'd clearly be labeled a racist. If you said the same thing about women, you'd clearly be labeled a sexist. But you call out all government workers based on this dimwit and that's okay. That's a very deep prejudice you've got there. It's also illogical and stupid.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Human error corrected after a year
That's not acceptable

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: seaswine
I'm guessing this was just one area of Florida, not the entire state. It's still totally unacceptable, but the article reads as if any lunatic in the state could obtain a permit.

it does not read that way at all.
it reads like they had to go over 365 applications again and revoked 291 of the permits.

so how did it read that way to you?

So you mean to tell me you think a state with 20 million people only had 365 applications in over a year?

The article doesn't read that way because the source is a hair on fire liberal rag.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

One term applies,

"Civil Service Rules"

Trump was recently castigated for union breaking because he took E.O. steps to gain control of the beast.

State civil service rules are the same and prevent accountability that would be instant in the private sector.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
really it should not matter
give the person their job back and fire the boss

btw your conceal permit is found here

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Human error corrected after a year
That's not acceptable

You couldn’t reasonably expect to solve this problem. You will need to go through the grieving process until you reach acceptance. Humans will always be prone to errors. It is simply part of the human condition.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

yeah...moved to Coral Gables...got offered plainclothes Beach security...as I remember...back then was no diff. open carry or concealed.

paid for it..took papers to Dade County P.D....picked up card..went back to store...got it...could carry however....

this was pre-Miami Vice show days...after that I moved back North in 80...

prob good thing cause the Jamaican gangs started killing every damn body...

all I saw in the Beach hotel scene was mobsters..nice cars, expensive suits,traveling in 2's and 3's..never spoke..scary...with sunglasses..at night

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I would suggest that if any of those guns were used in a crime, she should be prosecuted.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
Well, I got my driver's license at 16 so I'd say my comment was based on 40 years of personal experience. Heck, slow and unmotivated workers at the DMV have become part of modern American folklore. I've had dealings with many other government agencies over the years, and they have been overwhelmingly bad. Need to do some remodeling? Have fun pulling permits at building and safety. Own rental property in L.A.? You're gonna love dealing with the Rent Control Board. Been forced onto Obamacare? File your forms, dot every "i" and cross every "t" then see how many times they can screw up your coverage (hint: EVERY.SINGLE.YEAR.) Don't worry, you can take time off of work to go down and stand in line at Social Services to get it straightened out. Maybe you will have it fixed after 3 or 4 trips, maybe not. I even preemptively went there the last time to get assistance to make sure everything was filed correctly and guess what? My 11 year old son was dropped off our policy. Oh well, back in line at Social Services again!
Sorry if my comment hit a nerve. Certainly not EVERY government worker is a disinterested, unmotivated numbskull. Just in my experience, the percentage seems astronomically high.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I forgot to mention my City Counselman, under whose stewardship our homeless population has quadrupled and petty crime has skyrocketed because you're all doing such a great job. My taxpayer dollars thank you.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Humans will always be the weak link in any process. However, this isn’t something happening on a mass scale nor is anything to be overly concerned about.

well we dont know the scale of human incompetence though do we?

we should be concerned though because we need to be able to trust that the proper things are getting done.

we are relying on humans and it should be clear we cant. this is a problem. i dont have a solution

May as well just totally give up on society. I mean, if some other human somewhere is just going to make a mistake at some point, then what's the point?

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Seems like a simple option that should have been implemented in such an important task would have been spot checks performed by someone else in her department.

Perhaps something a bit more complicated, and more costly to implement, would be to have database code flag any missing data used in the decision making process. Red flags would theoretically exposed the problem a bit earlier.

-dex

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The person obviously wasn't responsible enough for the position. Also reflects negatively on the person who put her in that position.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join