It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Krauthammer Has Weeks to Live

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Krauthammer announced to day that he has terminal cancer.

He has been absent from FOX for around 10 months. He was being treated for an abdominal tumor and according to reports, all signs of cancer were absent just a few weeks ago, but now it's back in a big way. So he says his doctors have told him he has maybe weeks to live because this would be aggressive cancer.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
damn... brilliant mind. Cancer sucks.

I never even knew he was a quadriplegic until a couple of years ago. Never noticed until I happened to read in an article.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's too bad. Why do I like Krauthammer? I disagree with almost everything he has ever said.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

I figure whether you like a person or not, most people can sympathize with his situation.

My grandmother went through it. She'd had a heart attack from her Felty's disease and figured she didn't want to risk the surgery she'd need because the chances of survival were low and the chances of regaining independence afterward even lower assuming she survived. So, she decided to let nature take its course.

They though her heart would give up, but what got here was an extremely aggressive carcinoma. It was so aggressive that she'd had an MRI not three months before and it hadn't even shown up. But it grew and fast enough they thought it was a herniated disc at heart attack time and then afterward realized what it was. It was what took her.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
That's sad. Krauthammer, aside from having one of the coolest surnames ever, was someone I respected even though I politically disagreed with him more often than not. He's a walking example of the fact that the GOP has drifted leftward, as his politics have remained constant... but over the years he has gone from matching with the establishment Democrat to matching with the establishment Republicans to someone considered to be an excellent representation of modern Republican values.

Interestingly enough, I had no idea he was confined to a wheelchair since a spinal injury in college.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
My grandmother said screw it. She had survived a few years of breast cancer. Then it came back. She didn't want the chemo / meds anymore. She was tired of it. Saw her in hospice and she looked pretty good and then like a week later she was gone just like that.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I didn't know about the wheelchair for a long time either, but when my husband told me and you watched, it was apparent in his breathing patterns that something wasn't quite right.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Krauthammer announced to day that he has terminal cancer.

He has been absent from FOX for around 10 months. He was being treated for an abdominal tumor and according to reports, all signs of cancer were absent just a few weeks ago, but now it's back in a big way. So he says his doctors have told him he has maybe weeks to live because this would be aggressive cancer.

All signs absent a few weeks ago? Sounds like Scully on X-Files.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: toms54

I figure whether you like a person or not, most people can sympathize with his situation.

My grandmother went through it. She'd had a heart attack from her Felty's disease and figured she didn't want to risk the surgery she'd need because the chances of survival were low and the chances of regaining independence afterward even lower assuming she survived. So, she decided to let nature take its course.

They though her heart would give up, but what got here was an extremely aggressive carcinoma. It was so aggressive that she'd had an MRI not three months before and it hadn't even shown up. But it grew and fast enough they thought it was a herniated disc at heart attack time and then afterward realized what it was. It was what took her.

My mother died of cancer. It was heartbreaking.

Krauthammer has been through so much medical in his life. Maybe he expected this. Still, he's put up a heroic fight.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You know, I never thought he looked very well, I guess this and what Edumaketed mentioned is the reason. Its always sad to consider a dying persons loved ones...I hope he finds peace

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
What a sad day this has been,Anthony Bourdain and now this sad news.I always enjoyed Charles Krauthamers commentaries even on the rare occasions I disagreed with him.How I hate cancer!so many family members,friends,pets,and public figures I liked this Hellspawned disease has stolen.Someday I expect it will take me I don`t fear dying but I want to defy cancer.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Man you are all better angels than I.

I would be holding all docs at gun point till they figured out how to fix it if it was my family.

new topics

top topics

join