It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Legend of The Killdozer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
This is me standing and saluting this man and the 2 basketballs between his legs!

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I heard of this.

When I saw the title for this thread I thought of the book/movie Killdozer. They're about a sentient bulldozer that goes on a killing spree.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hands up if you think that civilization and society needs more people like Heemeyer!

Okay, you are out. Because what he did was simply wrong. He destroyed and had in the end no end-game. Just destruction, blind rage and people who neither hurt him nor even knew about him at all where inflicted badly by him.

This is not how you have a society, this is mad max but in a normal town.

Another comparison: Syria.
You did not do anything illegal, you just lived down a street and one day Assads troops or some rebel troops, it does not matter which side they were on, decided that your home was the perfect place for an ambush/ a nice target for a barrel-bomb or whatever - and you lost your home. You couldn't stop it, you couldn't fight it, it just went through your home and destroyed it.
Like a "killdozer", what a tabloid-able name..

Not a hero.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
How has no one made this into a movie?

Put Clint Eastwood or Bruce Willis in it.

Maybe Samuel L Jackson.

You got your wish.

The bizarre 2004 "killdozer" incident that again proved real life is crazier than any movie is becoming an actual movie, Deadline reports.

According to Deadline, the upcoming doc will be directed by Paul Solet and produced by Doug Liman, who produced that Tom Cruise movie Live Die Repeat and one of the Bourne sequels, among others. The doc will recreate some of the scenes from the rampage and also feature interviews with people who knew Heemeyer in the time leading up to the killdozer incident. Heemeyer also recorded almost three hours of audio cassettes spelling out his motives, so it's likely that'll wind up in the doc as well.

www.vice.com...

Can’t believe I didn’t see this when I was putting together the OP. I guess this is why there were new articles about it.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Just think of what he could have accomplished with the right equipment:

May 17th, 1995 San Diego

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Sure. No reason to believe he was preserving anything though. Did you read the Wikipedia article on him and the event? Do any research?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Fantastic OP! It was a great read.

Hopefully someone has listened to his 3 hr story and provided cliff notes...back to reading other replies.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Far as I'm concerned, that was a proud day in my state's recent history. The guy shined a light (on the people that don't let the mainstream bottle feed them) the morally and legal corruption of self checked on local entities.
It's been buried, but I remember it fondly...

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Star and flag OP. As a long time member of this site it is truly refreshing to see an actual event and topic on the front page which has substance a story and a thread with content instead of the romper room, name calling drivel and b.s. which has taken over here and turned this site into more or less a joke and shell of its former self.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

originally posted by: Elton
Four years after the event, I drove through Granby and many businesses still had not repaired the damage. There were lots of particle board walls covering the damage.

So you witnessed firsthand the destruction this selfish idiot caused to honest business owners?

Reading though this post kind of makes me sick. People jumping to this guys defense when he tried to ruin others lives and kill people.

Are you just thick, or being deliberately obtuse? The guy was intelligent, he COULD have killed nearly as many people as he wanted. He could have mounted guns on armored servo turrets and controlled them from inside his custom armored command center. He DIDNT.

People didn't die because HE CHOOSE NOT TO KILL PEOPLE. You said he tried to kill people. Clearly this guy doesn't TRY to do things, he was a motivated, talented, determined person; if he had TRIED to kill people, most of Granby would be dead.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Nahhh... I would’ve gone after the kids and wives of the people that wronged me. Destroying property? Insurance will cover that..

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

Four years after the event, I drove through Granby and many businesses still had not repaired the damage. There were lots of particle board walls covering the damage.

So you witnessed firsthand the destruction this selfish idiot caused to honest business owners?

Reading though this post kind of makes me sick. People jumping to this guys defense when he tried to ruin others lives and kill people.

Are you just thick, or being deliberately obtuse? The guy was intelligent, he COULD have killed nearly as many people as he wanted. He could have mounted guns on armored servo turrets and controlled them from inside his custom armored command center. He DIDNT.

People didn't die because HE CHOOSE NOT TO KILL PEOPLE. You said he tried to kill people. Clearly this guy doesn't TRY to do things, he was a motivated, talented, determined person; if he had TRIED to kill people, most of Granby would be dead.

And are you dense?

The article clearly shows he DID mount guns and shot at people. I don't care if they were only warning shots. Wouldn't have been a stretch for one to hit an innocent child by accident.

And he wilfully destroyed peoples businesses that years later they are still trying to repair. All we have to go off is this man's story versus everyone else's.

He was fined, and lost a court battle. For this he commits suicide, destroys innocent peoples businesses and risks the lives of people by shooting at people trying to stop his violent rampage.

Grow up.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I wonder if his last words were "Hold my beer and watch this."
There must have been some heavy equipment involved in removing his giant iron balls from the scene.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I wonder if his last words were "Hold my beer and watch this."
There must have been some heavy equipment involved in removing his giant iron balls from the scene.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Even though it's a really messed up story that could have caused many casualties I just have to admire the determination and patience he must have had. Building that thing, to get his revenge, on his own must have taken quite some time! He could have gone on a madman's gun rampage at any time but decided to do it his own way...

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Serdgiam

The corruption is everywhere, it's just easier to notice in a small town.

I am not so sure I agree with the second part, but definitely agree with the first (and said as much).

For one, its a whole different ballgame when the corrupt individuals are very literally your neighbors, sometimes even directly next door.

Secondly, due to the smaller scale, there is generally more cohesion and unity among the corrupt. When this extends to every, or nearly every single organization in power.. it becomes dangerous and actually easier to hide.

I certainly don't know for sure in this case, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if this man had his life threatened. And I don't mean in the vague sense, but a very literal and detailed explanation along with time frames.

I've experienced it personally, when I tried to bring corruption at a local humane society to the public's attention. Only to learn that everyone from the city council, to the sheriff, to the newspaper were complicit. And, that the millions of dollars that started my fight were the tip of the iceberg.

There are also rarely competing corrupt interests in these smaller places, so there is absolutely nothing to keep things in check from that angle either.

Verbosity aside, I suppose you will just have to believe me (or not) that corrupt institutions that interact with you directly, with no competing interests in the "territory," creates a helluva different scenario in comparison to general, nebulous corruption at levels that you or I will never actually meet face to face. In that, I'd have to disagree that the only difference is that its easier to notice.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Makes me wonder...

If all the dozers and such went on a rampage at the same time how long would it take to destroy it all?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Go back to pussland and gum your queens dust box

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
If Heemeyer's story is true, then I can see what many would consider him a hero to act with civil disobedience. It takes a strong constitution (or utter desperation) to stand up to far more powerful forces. That being said, it's fortunate nobody was hurt, sad that taxpayers had to shoulder the burden, and wrong that people lost property. Thankfully we don't all act our frustrations in a similar manner, but most likely we will start seeing more of things like this as time passes assuming the wealthy continue taking from the people. I'm not sure what the tipping point would be, but it's obvious that the model America runs on today is not sustainable.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Reading though this post kind of makes me sick. People jumping to this guys defense when he tried to ruin others lives and kill people. Why else mount multiple guns on the damn thing?

Freaking immature. Just because of the 'cool Mad Max factor of it all, you people hail him as a hero. Grow the F up.

You don't seem to be getting many stars for your opinion.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join