It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss America ends swimsuit competition

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: DBCowboy

You can make a mockery if you want.

I was being serious.

Apparently you believe there is no way to judge the value of a woman apart from her looks.

It's called a beauty pageant, not a metaphysical beauty pageant.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
well regardless of everything this is probably a bad business decision, honestly though, this sterilization of western society is going to cost us in the long run when our society becomes so empty that people lose hope in finding happiness, when masses of westerners start leaving in droves for japan, china, russia, eastern europe, brazil, south america, southeast asia, asian pacific, etc to escape it.

btw, how is male attraction towards woman misogynistic at all? men are designed that way, are people saying you can't be a man and have sexual desires towards women now?

what is wrong with being human?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If women's appearances weren't a big deal. . .

The make-up industry wouldn't be worth . . .

Anything but skin-deep. Analysts at Goldman Sachs estimate that the global beauty industry-consisting of skin care worth $24 billion; make-up, $18 billion; $38 billion of hair-care products; and $15 billion of perfumes-is growing at up to 7% a year, more than twice the rate of the developed world's GDP.

www.economist.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
they should only allow 500 lb humans to participate so no one has to have bad feelings

Do we still consider them "Human" after they hit 500?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Shhh.

Can't let people know that this isn't exactly what it has been for years.

"Who's the Hottest" contest.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If women's appearances weren't a big deal. . .

The make-up industry wouldn't be worth . . .

Anything but skin-deep. Analysts at Goldman Sachs estimate that the global beauty industry-consisting of skin care worth $24 billion; make-up, $18 billion; $38 billion of hair-care products; and $15 billion of perfumes-is growing at up to 7% a year, more than twice the rate of the developed world's GDP.

www.economist.com...

Cosmetic plastic surgery, yuge!

www.isaps.org...

www.isaps.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

they should only allow 500 lb humans to participate so no one has to have bad feelings

Waterbed with a head.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Surprised they didn't just go with this and keep it honestly....

Wonder when the ban on wearing bikinis on the beach in CA is going to happen at this point.

That looks like what surgeons wore in Star Trek TNG

edit on 5-6-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie

originally posted by: RowanBean
a reply to: Lumenari

this next wave of political correctness brought to you by Progressives.

Aren't the far right conservatives the ones who want their women covered?

Just covered in glitter.

And swinging her 550 pound booty around a
straining fire pole, looking more like she's
trying for 16'6" with Bob Richard's lightweight.
How old and sick am I NOW, Cowboy?

One directly at the op and I have to sleep some.
If the legal system hasn't live-wired the lot of you
SJW girls into a snap-out-of it, this MAY: enjoy your
conquest of the planet and all it has sucked onto it.
But know that you have driven away the few that once
worshiped you unconditionally. I want the next
Tesla chariot offa this rock... nobody's worth it.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
What the hell is wrong with this world?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Tucket

Waterbed with a head.

Yeah, instead of their dashing looks they could be judged by the size of their waves..

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Eh.

Kinda #ty, but if a woman with a smokin hot body walks by me and has clothes on, 99% of the time, the clothes dont hinder my observations....nor my blood flow.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I love this hypocrisy.

On one hand we have a bunch of people saying the competition should not be about looks. Fine. Its not about looks. So lets follow that thought with a few pages of fat shaming.

I am really starting to lose respect for the people here. It has changed a lot. The blatant hypocrisy and irony of so many people on such a wide range of subjects is truly disheartening.

How can you be so against judging a contest based on the looks of the contestants and then shame people for being fat?

Hypocrisy for the win, Alex.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I love this hypocrisy.

On one hand we have a bunch of people saying the competition should not be about looks. Fine. Its not about looks. So lets follow that thought with a few pages of fat shaming.

I am really starting to lose respect for the people here. It has changed a lot. The blatant hypocrisy and irony of so many people on such a wide range of subjects is truly disheartening.

How can you be so against judging a contest based on the looks of the contestants and then shame people for being fat?

Hypocrisy for the win, Alex.

It is about looks.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

smh

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Soooooo...I though feminists were going the "free the nipple" route, now it's the don't show anything route? I mean they fought for decades so that women were free to dress how they please and be proud of their bodies. I guess we're going full reverse now. What a shame. I'm an avid supporter of "free the nipple".

edit on 5-6-2018 by Thoren because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoren

Men are disgusting duh they dont need to show us themselves were gross

I bet that's the axiom if the mind control I'm trying to think of that old movie with the women that run Atlantis or whatever

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

You can make a mockery if you want.

I was being serious.

Apparently you believe there is no way to judge the value of a woman apart from her looks.

Well, to be fair, it is a Beauty Pageant.

I guess they'll be judging "inner beauty" now.

On a more light hearted note.

Personally I think the pageant should just go away.

I enjoy a good bodybuilding competition, although I think they are unattractive and a bit freeky. But they are being judged on something that they have worked very hard to achieve.

There are some gorgeous women in this world who simply are genetically more appealing to look at. Why should we be giving them prizes? Didn't they already win?

Utter bollocks, it's not all genetics....
Maintaining an outwardly attractive appearance takes considerable work and self control, for females or males. Put a swimsuit model on a diet of chocolate milk and heroine for a few months see if she's still attractive......
I look at it like a sport of sorts, you know, like the bodybuilding you noted above.
I've zero interest in either. *yawn*
I think you're a hypocrite.

edit on 5 6 2018 by Artlogic because: Reasons

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
All of this chatter is the purpose of this announcement anyway. The Miss America pageant has been floundering for years. This is a cheap marketing ploy to jump on the SJW bandwagon that has taken over movies and other various forms of entertainment. It is commercialized identity politics. It's the same thing as when ultra-patriotism was commercialized in the 80s by the other guys and it ruined most forms of entertainment then as well. I don't know why we can't just let art be art and beauty be beauty. Why do we need to control everything thing to the point where we strangle any truth and beauty out of it?

For the record, I don't really give a damn what the Miss America pageant policy is. Never watched it and never will. I just find it curious that we are now forcing women to cover themselves for what boils down to an agenda by the elite to control population and thus a woman's reproductive behavior - and yet they're selling it to us as empowerment and progress. If this doesn't concern you then you must be new to the world.
edit on 5-6-2018 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thoren
Soooooo...I though feminists were going the "free the nipple" route, now it's the don't show anything route? I mean they fought for decades so that women were free to dress how they please and be proud of their bodies. I guess we're going full reverse now. What a shame. I'm an avid supporter of "free the nipple".

Dont forget to blame both of these on men being mysoginists....

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join