It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss America ends swimsuit competition

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

awwww maaaan

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro
Eh.

Kinda #ty, but if a woman with a smokin hot body walks by me and has clothes on, 99% of the time, the clothes dont hinder my observations....nor my blood flow.

To be fair, I live in a place with a large muslim population.

I see the burka babes all the time, 110 in the shade.

One gal in the market was different. She had eyes made up like you wouldn't believe and her feet were blinged out.

Plus she wasn't a buffarilla underneath.

I pegged her for about 25. Tall and unless she had UK dentists, she was hot, no kids in tow.

I know she smiled at me.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

So that's it then. The pageant is done. No more. It will now be Ms. Whiney Boo Hoo.

I hope it all goes straight to hell.

And don't forget that this is a lame attempt to jab at President Trump. Remember the pageants? Trump is all about beautiful women.

Just one more thing to remind Americans that the Left is the wrong way. I bet more people vote Republican just because of this lame maneuver by the sour women of the board.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Its about time they get with the program and start covering up the women! Its sinful skin that must be obfuscated...for progressivism and feminism and stuff.

now, if we can only get rid of the ankle exposure...

Uh progressivism and feminism have nothing to do with it. It's the potential contestants who don't want to walk around scantily clad.

You turnip, you think they all came together and said no? also, that they wanted less of them and more fat people?

This was pressure, much like how the walk-on girls in darts didn't beg to not have a job anymore, etc. Its nonsense puritanism brought to you by feminist progressivism.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
TF? That was the only damn draw for watching it in the first place.

Hahaha! I agree, if I ever did get bored enough to watch one it would have only been the swimsuit section.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

How about yoga pants and cut off t shirts...

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   
It strikes me that some people in positions of power are becoming suicidal... hear me out...
  • No more elephants in circuses... it's belittling to them and causes abuse.
  • No more Dukes of Hazzard... they had that evil damn flag on the roof of their car.
  • Playboy quit showing skin.
  • Asking a girl out on a date now requires an attorney present.
  • No smoking anywhere (except anything that has my damn name on the deed/title).
  • NFL football is now a political show.
  • The Boy Scouts of America is now the Coed Scouts of America.
  • Now the Miss Universe competition is another version of the Oscars, only with less skin.
I used to think we were living under the rule of "bread and circuses"... in other words, as long as people had food to eat ("bread") and something to keep them entertained ("circuses") those in power could get away with almost anything. Now, though, the circuses are going away. Life's not as much fun as it used to be. I have a better time sitting behind this damn keyboard than I do going out for a night of fun, because everything that's fun isn't fun any more.

The sad part? All of this is permanent. The elephants will decline in number, as there is no longer a reason to keep them around outside of zoos. TV will remain sterile and politically correct for decades to come, because it is simply too risky to show having fun any more. Playboy will be out of business within a decade. Actual dating will (actually already has) decline, which will lead to less marriages and children, leading to a decreasing population. At some future date (hopefully after I have completely rotted away), tobacco will be categorized the way marijuana used to be, and marijuana will be legal and openly accepted. Football will become a niche industry. The BSA will cease to be popular and be relegated to a footnote in history. And Miss Universe will no longer be televised except on dedicated channels.

It's coming, and the world will be a worse place because of it.

I used to go out and have this thing called 'fun.' That was when I could afford to go to some place where other like-minded people were and simply enjoy being with them or enjoy participating in whatever activity I felt like participating in. No more. There's no fun left in the world for me. All my fun is right here, the last bastion of my existence wherein I can be me and no one can do anything about it... temporarily of course. Once enough politically correct people find out that I am not miserable enough for their tastes, they will show up here too. That day will not be a good one, for me or them.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Ugh, you righties are ridiculous with your emotional and dramatic responses here. And of course, once again, you are attempting to tie things together that don't go together.

There is a huge difference between pitting women against each other in a genetic lottery and being free about sexuality, revealing your body to be sexy, and/or appreciating the female form.

Perhaps you all haven't spent much time around liberal women, and in particular the younger generation (who is overwhelmingly leftist). They are more free than ever with their sexuality. Celebrating sexuality. Feeling free to be sexy for men, women, or whoever. They judge less, appreciate more, and aren't stuck in some old school garbage like this pageant idiocy.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I will no longer watch the show.
Maybe someone will show foreign pageants with swim suit competitions and skimpier clothes now unless the same women have taken over the networks.
Of course I have a lot of other shows I can watch so it's not a big loss.
I wouldn't watch the show anyway unless I was stuck at home.
However making pretty girls in a beauty pageant cover up seems un American to me.
What's next? Judging teeth or how well someone dances while completely covered in dark clothes?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

They don't have to kill 70+% of the population, simply take away the reasons for living (excitement, daring, procreation and socializing).

Utterly astonishing.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It's a complete nonsense.
I would say confidently the majority of men like to look at women in bikini's.
I would also say confidently that many women like showing off their bodies in swimsuits and love the attention.
However because someone else has hurt feelings about it, neither men who want to look nor women who want to show are allowed to do it.
Crazy.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
So what's the line on this change "coincidentally" taking place right before an influx of muslim contestants enter the pageant?

You're forgetting the tranny contestants.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This makes me think of the phrase “people kill, not guns”

What has the innocent bikini to do with being “culturally progressive”, “female empowerment” and ”gender equality”?

If these issues are not solved with education and maturity of a human being, then the banning of the bikini in a beauty pageant is not going to solve anything except of making the box, into which we are further brainwashed, even smaller and tighter and more dangerous.

However I hear more messages behind propaganda like “gender equality” and “Miss America needed to modernize to relate to younger women today” as stated in the article. It has been addressed by a few members in this thread: the issue of men identifying as women which is a hugely growing trend.

A MTF would never have the equal chances to win a beauty pageant in a bikini. Their proportions of wide shoulders to hips with a straight waistline in a swimsuit are just not as attractive to viewers who like to see a female proportioned body with softer curves and wider hips than shoulders. But this shortcoming can be easily manipulated with corsets under an evening dress which equals the chances of a MTF with those of a F.

Maybe, in a few decades, when FTM and M have accepted and shifted their aesthetic expectations, wearing a bikini for a beauty pageant will have a comeback.

As for me, honestly, I don’t see the need for beauty pageants and competitions and would rather see them disappear altogether. Not the bikini though. If all goes well in our world, one day, everybody will be entitled and have a right to their individual tastes and preferences without guidelines, ideas of political correctness and their reinforcements.

Miss America is also confronting dwindling viewership as people turn away from live televised events.

Probably because it is not worth watching at all. The less humans care about beauty competitions, the better. Everybody is beautiful and the most beautiful in their loved ones' eyes.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   

i really dont know much about the competition save for the blurbs you see when miss bubblehead dont know what a map is or some #

I’m indifferent myself.

But to say what you did, then follow it up wit I think it’s a good thing... that’s literally how congressman today act. They don’t know #, and then they agree to change or on a change for which something doesn’t affect them.

####

Also.. money talks... we will see how long it lasts. It may surprise me, but at the moment I don’t it.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
way to catch the Zeitgeist guys! This will be totally awesome! I'm sure there are just MILLIONS of people who cant wait to tune into a show whose premise is how wonderful the non physical attributes of the contestants are.

Next up, removing the female only requirement and letting anyone who virtue signals with their made up identity also compete.

After that robots and animals....i mean...why not?!?!?!?

Everything the Left touches turns into a stinky dumpster fire of rotten excrement.

Animals are people too. Maybe some of those sex robots.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
They also said this:

"We will no longer judge our candidates on their outward physical appearance. That's huge," Carlson said, adding that the competition would now welcome women of "all shapes and sizes."

So a beauty pageant is no longer about beauty?

It appears it is just going to "identify" as a pageant but actually be a debate....LOL!

It's been political for a long time now. The next winner will probably weigh 350 lbs.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

good change i say

Needless change for political correctness I say.
The female form is a thing of beauty why should it not be admired.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I have a solution, weight classes like in boxing

then we can judge each weight class it'll be fun

Yes. Then they can fight each other. We need a catfight competition.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

good change i say

Needless change for political correctness I say.
The female form is a thing of beauty why should it not be admired.

In this case it is judged according to sexual objectification and others' programmed view of what beauty entails. The few times I watched the show, I enjoyed the talent portion most of all. Now we'll see more talents, accomplishments and leadership abilities, so that we can now watch the creme de la creme rise to the top.
edit on 16CDT05America/Chicago05450530 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: lucia2389

As for me, honestly, I don’t see the need for beauty pageants and competitions and would rather see them disappear altogether. Not the bikini though. If all goes well in our world, one day, everybody will be entitled and have a right to their individual tastes and preferences without guidelines, ideas of political correctness and their reinforcements.

There is no need for these pageants, however they are huge money

making concerns for the various sponsers.

They are also a springboard for young women to a glamourous career or a

wealthy marriage as the people she meets are usually not those she will

rub shoulders with in her real life.

Cibill Shepherd

Oprah Winfrey

Lynda Carter

Sophia Loren

Katy Perry

Eva Longoria

To name but a few!!!!

new topics

top topics