It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss America ends swimsuit competition

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

The Miss America Pageant started out on the Atlantic City Boardwalk, as a simple beauty contest. Granted, those bygone swimsuits were much more sedate, and covered a lot more flesh, but to completely do away with the M.O. of the original contest, both in swimwear, and evening gowns, will kill it off. They might as well rename it as Miss American Soc. Pig, 2019.

This will degenerate into buoying up females whom I wouldn't want to meet up with in a dark alley. Personally, I thought "fannie overhang" wasn't the right way to look at, and judge these broads, anyways. If we can't have the read deal, beauty contest, maybe just let this Pageant die a natural death?? Activism for World Peace, give me a break. Mother Theresa they ain't.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I've never watched the show, but I can't see how less swimsuits is ever a good thing, so I say "boo!" Let the cleavage and legs get some air, Miss America Pageant.

Yes, this! It's a distraction from listening to them insist that they can be pretty and smart, right before they prove they can't. Like a blonde insisting she can chew gum & walk at the same time -- we all know better.

In all seriousness, like no one's going to leer at the tight bodices on the dresses, come on. Cleavage is cleavage, people will settle for no legs to ogle.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

So what's the line on this change "coincidentally" taking place right before an influx of muslim contestants enter the pageant?

If I am not mistaken, there has been a muslim Miss USA.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
way to catch the Zeitgeist guys! This will be totally awesome! I'm sure there are just MILLIONS of people who cant wait to tune into a show whose premise is how wonderful the non physical attributes of the contestants are.

Next up, removing the female only requirement and letting anyone who virtue signals with their made up identity also compete.

After that robots and animals....i mean...why not?!?!?!?

Everything the Left touches turns into a stinky dumpster fire of rotten excrement.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Until they allow men to compete in the Miss America pageant, it's still sexist and should be protested and boycotted.

Nah, we've got enough of that ridiculous bullcrap floating around. Don't need no more appeasing of the lowest common denominator.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: carpooler

This will degenerate into buoying up females whom I wouldn't want to meet up with in a dark alley. Personally, I thought "fannie overhang" wasn't the right way to look at, and judge these broads, anyways. If we can't have the read deal, beauty contest, maybe just let this Pageant die a natural death?? Activism for World Peace, give me a break. Mother Theresa they ain't.

yeha man

cuz bewbs

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

So what's the line on this change "coincidentally" taking place right before an influx of muslim contestants enter the pageant?

Is that a different group than Miss America?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tribal

What does the Left have to do with this?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Until they allow men to compete in the Miss America pageant, it's still sexist and should be protested and boycotted.

No-one, I repeat, no-one wants to see some big moose-knuckle flopping around on stage in cyclist shorts, however, in the interests of gender-equality, maybe the blokes can wear mankinis like Borat?

As long as the women do too. Equality and all that.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I say end the pageant then.

If we are done creating and ascribing value to the sex appeal and attractiveness of people then we dont need a contest every year to find the most beautiful women to represent our country.

Go to the universities and offer scholarships based on academic merit.

Bye miss America. You will now end soon. Say bye

edit on 6 5 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

i think it is different. not for sure though
mis usa
miss america
miss universe
miss teen all that
im sure there are a ton more. not even sure if those are all around anymore.

at least with the miss america they pretend to care about more than just the body

you see those mr america and mr universe shows and its all just roided out bodied up dudes.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
They've just stopped the only thing that people watched for.
I guess swimsuits on the beach will be banned at some point too... I mean there should be no looking, right?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I believe it is, but I bring it up because it has a swimsuit competition as well, which the muslim woman took part in.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

at least with the miss america they pretend to care about more than just the body

That's right - as long as everyone keeps pretending we'll be fine.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

Without the swimsuit part wont have to worry about shots like this …….

www.pageantupdate.info...

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I believe it is, but I bring it up because it has a swimsuit competition as well, which the muslim woman took part in.

Supposedly last year's Miss Minnesota had a muslim woman who wore a burka for all 3 stages of the event, including swimsuit. One can only assume she was rocking a mini micro Brazilian under that grill cover and it was spectacular.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Supposedly last year's Miss Minnesota had a muslim woman who wore a burka for all 3 stages of the event, including swimsuit. One can only assume she was rocking a mini micro Brazilian under that grill cover and it was spectacular.

I really don't care what she was rocking under that "grill cover".

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I was thinking that as well.

What's next, brown bags over every female's head?

Oh and coincidentally.. should males all have to wear basically body condoms as well, so we can all just judge each other by our sweet inner light within?

this next wave of political correctness brought to you by Progressives.

Vote accordingly this election cycle.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

What does this have to do with progressives?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I really don't care what she was rocking under that "grill cover".

Then congratulations... your emasculation is complete.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join