It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Detention Center Holding Migrant Children Calls the Cops on US Senator

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

“The Senate Select Committee on Ethics is authorized to receive and investigate allegations of improper conduct which may reflect upon the Senate, violations of law, violations of the Senate Code of Official Conduct and violations of rules and regulations of the Senate; recommend disciplinary action; recommend additional Senate rules or regulations to insure proper standards of conduct; and report violations of law to the proper federal and state authorities.”
link

No where does it say how far and into what state he or she may or may not go.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: howtonhawky

Seems like they should have to let official government officers in government facilities.The man is our representative in a representative government.

I think he has the legal right to go in the facility and any real sheriff would help him. what say ats?

Why would a Oregon Senator have jurisdiction over anything in Texas?

governmental structure

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Oh come on! Illegal entry is no greater a crime than trespassing, it's not like murder or felony larceny. How many people lose their children because they trespassed?

Besides, according to Merkley, a lot of these children were taken from their parents who were legally requesting asylum. ICE takes their kids while their cases are pending. This is a new policy that the Trump administration touts as a "deterrent". That's something the Obama administration didn't do.

I don't think you sneak in and then request asylum. Until asylum is granted they are detained and I don't think we have a way to detain whole families. If asylum is not granted then they are all sent back. BTW can you name countries south of the border that would even fall into the whole asylum thing? I bet the vast majority of these people come from countries that really do not meet this status.

Also, they just do not sneak in as their only crime, they steal identifications to work and use and a few other crimes. We are also talking human trafficking and that is more ugly than the picture of the poor migrant worker looking for work that people what to make this all out to be.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

I personally believe that them not allowing him inspect the facility is in violation of the law. I understand that it is privately run but it is funded by the government. It would seem to me that the government is trying to circumvent the law to not allow official oversight.
This whole thing stinks to high heaven.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Oh come on! Illegal entry is no greater a crime than trespassing, it's not like murder or felony larceny. How many people lose their children because they trespassed?

Besides, according to Merkley, a lot of these children were taken from their parents who were legally requesting asylum. ICE takes their kids while their cases are pending. This is a new policy that the Trump administration touts as a "deterrent". That's something the Obama administration didn't do.

I don't think you sneak in and then request asylum. Until asylum is granted they are detained and I don't think we have a way to detain whole families. If asylum is not granted then they are all sent back. BTW can you name countries south of the border that would even fall into the whole asylum thing? I bet the vast majority of these people come from countries that really do not meet this status.

Also, they just do not sneak in as their only crime, they steal identifications to work and use and a few other crimes. We are also talking human trafficking and that is more ugly than the picture of the poor migrant worker looking for work that people what to make this all out to be.

There is a multitude of reasons to seek asylum. And every country on earth falls into the “asylum thing”.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I personally believe that them not allowing him inspect the facility is in violation of the law. I understand that it is privately run but it is funded by the government. It would seem to me that the government is trying to circumvent the law to not allow official oversight.
This whole thing stinks to high heaven.

I do not understand why so many seek to ignore your post

it is common sense and we have gotten to be ok with people bossing the bosses around

this needs to stop

if the sheriff will not go in then call the game wardens cause they have always had tremendous power

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I keep trying to post the facts here but it just keeps falling on deaf ears. But I do think there is hope. Merkley seems to mean business though. He also knows his #. So hopefully he is sitting with some aids and lawyers and getting a game plan going. This cannot go unchecked. These are people just like you and I and I demand to know how the great USA is treating these individuals.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

It's a private contractor.

That's why he "selected" that facility.

He had good advice from a PR firm.

😉

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

It's a private contractor.

That's why he "selected" that facility.

He had good advice from a PR firm.

😉

WOW just.....WOW

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Where are all the Q and pizza people. A bunch of underage kids disappear into a nebulous black hole that even a Senator can not get into. Where is the oversight. What is happening to these kids.

edit on 5-6-2018 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I don't think you sneak in and then request asylum.

One key difference between applications for asylum or refugee status is where you apply—refugees must apply from outside the U.S., while people requesting asylum must apply either at a U.S. border (including airports, seaports, and the like) or from within the United States.
www.nolo.com...

You need to be on US soil to apply for asylum.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Why is a guy from Oregon so interested in something happening in Texas? I also didn't hear any specific reason why he was there to "inspect" the facility. It sounds like he was trying to use the children for political purposes and not much else.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I don't think you sneak in and then request asylum.

One key difference between applications for asylum or refugee status is where you apply—refugees must apply from outside the U.S., while people requesting asylum must apply either at a U.S. border (including airports, seaports, and the like) or from within the United States.
www.nolo.com...

You need to be on US soil to apply for asylum.

You can also go to the US embassy in your own country and apply. That embassy is considered US soil also.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Foreign soil US Embassies are used for refugee status only.

You Cannot Apply for Asylum at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate

Unfortunately, U.S. embassies and consulates cannot process requests for this form of protection because, under U.S. law, asylum seekers can apply only if they are physically present in the United States (or at least at a U.S. border or other point of entry).
www.nolo.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Why is a guy from Oregon so interested in something happening in Texas? I also didn't hear any specific reason why he was there to "inspect" the facility. It sounds like he was trying to use the children for political purposes and not much else.

i think that pop box has your circulation cut off?

what it sounds like is beside the point of people using tax dollars to kidnap and split families and all while allowing no fair oversite of the program

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

none of that gives us permission to be inhumane and cruel

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I blame the parents for involving their children in their illegal scheme.

Is being here illegally, illegal? This is more philosophy than legality. But I don't think we should be so quick to blame the illegals, when the real problem lies with those who are here legally.

The border is wide open and we are openly saying please come in.

Many would challenge me and say we are not inviting them in, but you would be incorrect. As long as companies in the US continue to employ illegals and states refuse to deport them how can we say who is breaking the law, or what the law really is? We say one thing on paper but turn the other cheek in reality.

So I ask you from a philosophical standpoint what has American leadership been telling these illegal immigrants for the last 50 years?

If there were no jobs for illegals there would be no illegals. I think it's time to point the finger in the right direction. At those Americans who have made our laws invalid for the sake of personal gain.

This is why we need a fast track to citizenship for those who can prove employment and have been an active member of our society.

edit on 5-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

"At 2pm on a Friday, the Senator asked to visit a secure DHS facility over the weekend where children are present and we worked with him to provide him access. This presented obvious and serious privacy concerns – not to mention disrupting operations. He was able to visit the facility on Sunday." The president has repeatedly held Democrats responsible for what he slammed as a "horrible law," but critics say there is no such law requiring families to be split up.

www.cbsnews.com...

The president has repeatedly held Democrats responsible for what he slammed as a "horrible law," but critics say there is no such law requiring families to be split up. Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump Put pressure on the Democrats to end the horrible law that separates children from there parents once they cross the Border into the U.S. Catch and Release, Lottery and Chain must also go with it and we MUST continue building the WALL! DEMOCRATS ARE PROTECTING MS-13 THUGS.

what law makes this possible and necessary?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I am all for some sort of amnesty. But if we don't start building a damned wall, enforcing existing laws, just doing something, then why even have a border?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I am all for some sort of amnesty. But if we don't start building a damned wall, enforcing existing laws, just doing something, then why even have a border?

Exactly. Which is why amnesty is difficult. Without secure borders providing easy citizenship would simply exacerbate the problem.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join