It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Detention Center Holding Migrant Children Calls the Cops on US Senator

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yeah, try trespassing in Israel, Iran, Saudi Arabia, China,
Area 53, The Pentagon, The White House,and countless
other places that I won't dare mention.
Trespassing can be a dangerous crime.
Just ask the family and friends of Kate Steinle.
When it comes down the pike to you,
you will remember my fair warning.
It is on the way.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Why would they deny access?
Do they have something to hide?

S&F

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

This is one of the most inhumane acts against children I have ever heard of. We are traumatizing children to punish the parents who had no idea they would be seperated from the children.

Why? Because they wanted a better life.

This is absolutely disgusting and makes me embarrassed to be a citizen of a country that would condone this type of torture against children.

This has to be one of the least thought out punishments in the history of immigration.

Those of you defending this crap, do you have any empathy at all? Does anymore matter that doesn't matter to you?

I can't imagine any reason that is not nefarious to keep anyone with government or media credentials from entering the facility. This is just wrong

edit on 5-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

My knee-jerk response is no. He doesn't. it's a private institution that is contracted to provide a service by the Gov't. Unless specifically stated under the contract agreement, I see no reason to allow an Oregon Senator, who is obviously a protagonist to their service, entry into the premises unless contracted to do so.

I could be wrong, though.

thanks for the response

i think it would be ok to kick the doors in on any kidnappers

citizens arrest

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
We need the local sheriffs to step up here.

they do have the power

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Then any arrest can be labeled 'kidnapping'. Sorry, but no traction with me, at least.

edit on 5-6-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

The any arrest can be labeled 'kidnapping'. Sorry, but no traction with me, at least.

no not every arrest is considered kidnapping

there are policies and procedures in place that need to be followed

do not try to compare this case of genuine kidnapping for someone committing a crime and losing their family

my goodness people just need to think for themselves

does no one have empathy anymore?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal

Why would they deny access?
Do they have something to hide?

S&F

I'd guess because it's a government contractor and any request to tour the facility would have to go through the office of refugee resettlement. No senator can just show up and expects a tour of any contractor in the country. He knows this it was simply a publicity stunt.

Having looked into the company I think the senator has it wrong I think this facility is temporary housing for Unaccompanied Minors. So this is where kids go when they are caught sneaking across the border by themselves. The non profit by the way not a government contractor helps these kids find places to stay.

www.swkey.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

The any arrest can be labeled 'kidnapping'. Sorry, but no traction with me, at least.

no not every arrest is considered kidnapping

there are policies and procedures in place that need to be followed

do not try to compare this case of genuine kidnapping for someone committing a crime and losing their family

my goodness people just need to think for themselves

does no one have empathy anymore?

My empathy is completely swamped by the integrity of the nation via the border issue. Collateral damage was inevitable either way it goes. Given a preference between increased crime and drugs, lowered wages due to an over abundant supply of unskilled labor and so on.

I see this as the lesser of two evils. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

so you think it is legal to lock up kids and not have any oversite in gov. contractors by the gov..

no it is not legal at all and the contractor has no authority to dictate to the government.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

no need for srry

need for understanding that the usa is responsible for having an unsecured border and that through no fault of their own children are being held as prisoners and pawns by a corporation that is dictating to the government what rules they wish to adhere too

the sheriffs could fix this quickly but need balls and guts to care

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

no need for srry

need for understanding that the usa is responsible for having an unsecured border and that through no fault of their own children are being held as prisoners and pawns by a corporation that is dictating to the government what rules they wish to adhere too

I'm not really up on this specific issue with this Corporation. I also have a serious problem with the general crowd's-not you, per say- overall motives and therefore their information about it. It trust not any of them.LOL

Not the corporation,s the gov't's or the left's.

So I restrict myself to the overview of it. It will work itself out, one way or the other. No lost sleep from me on this one.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

no need for srry

You didn't read what I posted did you? Children are not held as prisoners in fact quite the opisit. They used to detain them like prisoners but no longer. Obama made a mistake and set up temporary facilities to handle an influx in 2014. That was an error should have sent them through the system but in this case it was politics. Image was more important then the children's well being.

Back on topic what this non profit does is help kids that tried to sneak over the border without parents. Prior to 1997 they were simply jailed now they are housed and educated and eventually moved in to foster care.

Here is from the link you didnt read

Prior to the mid 1990’s, unaccompanied immigrant children were held in detention facilities across the U.S. The 1997 Flores Settlement Agreement set new national standards regarding the detention, release, and treatment of all children in U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) custody. It required the federal government to care for these children in a more humane environment, which has resulted in a network of shelter care.

With the creation of the Department of Homeland Security in 2002, responsibility for these children was transferred from INS to the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), an agency under the umbrella of the US Department of Health and Human Services. Southwest Key is a non-profit organization that contracts with ORR to run these immigrant children shelters.

www.swkey.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

Why this sudden issue with the children?
a reply to: DBCowboy

Children are the perfect political pawns.

Yep. Remember Bill Clinton using Elian Gonzalez?

I remember Elian Gonzalez well. His slimeball relatives in Florida were inventing all manner of far-fetched reasons why they shouldn't simply send him back to his father in Cuba. "Fidel Casto is going to have him tortured!" (Total bull#, and they knew it.)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

You didn't read what I posted did you? Children are not held as prisoners in fact quite the opisit. They used to detain them like prisoners but no longer. Obama made a mistake and set up temporary facilities to handle an influx in 2014. That was an error should have sent them through the system but in this case it was politics. Image was more important then the children's well being.

Yes i read
can you read?

pris·on·er
ˈpriz(ə)nər/Submit
noun
a person legally held in prison as a punishment for crimes they have committed or while awaiting trial.
synonyms: convict, detainee, inmate; More
a person captured and kept confined by an enemy, opponent, or criminal.

synonyms: captive, internee, prisoner of war, POW

a person who is or feels confined or trapped by a situation or set of circumstances.

invoking the kindergarten principle is not a decent solution

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5-6-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I blame the parents for involving their children in their illegal scheme.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

i blame the usa for leaving the door open

is your front door open right now?

americas is wide open and by law that is inviting criminality into your home

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Why this sudden issue with the children?

When someone robs a bank, commits a murder, steals a car, we separate the parents from the children, do we not?

do you really need someone to tell you this is wrong?

this is wrong

no fault of their own

If US citizens have to have their children taken then we should not discriminate against those who are not citizens. Its only fair.

And Leaving the door open? We have a sign on said door saying no tresspassing and if they come in its a crime.
edit on 18000000pppm by yuppa because: added op

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: underwerks

Well maybe the PARENTS should be thinking of the children before they willingly break the law.

Just a thought. . .

Oh come on DB.... The parents where thinking of the children when they came here. Maybe the town they used to reside in is overrun with cartels that may take the kids and force them into some sort of slavery. If I had a kid and making an illegal crossing into America was my only option I would do it to. If they had waited and done legally word would have spread and they could possibly be dead.

“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.”

Remember that one?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Seems like they should have to let official government officers in government facilities.The man is our representative in a representative government.

I think he has the legal right to go in the facility and any real sheriff would help him. what say ats?

Why would a Oregon Senator have jurisdiction over anything in Texas?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join