It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Detention Center Holding Migrant Children Calls the Cops on US Senator

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
www.nbcconnecticut.com...

Sen. Jeff Merkley of Oregon says in a Facebook video that Casa Padre, a center run by the non-profit Southwest Key, was housing possibly hundreds of refugee children who had been separated from their parents. He arrived at what he said was a former Walmart after he was refused an official visit by the federal Office of Refuge Resettlement and Southwest Key, with which it contracts for the care of the children.

Seems like they should have to let official government officers in government facilities.The man is our representative in a representative government.

I think he has the legal right to go in the facility and any real sheriff would help him. what say ats?

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Why this sudden issue with the children?

When someone robs a bank, commits a murder, steals a car, we separate the parents from the children, do we not?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Children are the perfect political pawns.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The reason this is getting attention... is because the media needed one more club to beat on Trump and his policies.

Forget that the Obama administration did the same thing... or that the photo of kids sleeping in a "cage" was from 2014 when Obama was POTUS.

Facts don't matter... only outrage and "resistance" matters to the media.

They are rank propagandists. Nothing more.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: dasman888
The reason this is getting attention... is because the media needed one more club to beat on Trump and his policies.

Forget that the Obama administration did the same thing... or that the photo of kids sleeping in a "cage" was from 2014 when Obama was POTUS.

Facts don't matter... only outrage and "resistance" matters to the media.

They are rank propagandists. Nothing more.

We do not need to use the kindergarten defense for this one.

We just need to stop violating others rights.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

When someone robs a bank, commits a murder, steals a car, we separate the parents from the children, do we not?

Immigrant kid jail isn’t the same as the foster system.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I personally would ask for an audit into the fates of the fifteen percent who were not placed with a relative. I have a feeling those are the poor souls that end up in bad places and were bought by people with money. The saddest humans Are children who do not have anyone with real love to raise them due to the circumstances they escaped from.

Hollywood sex cults and dirty politicians and religious clergy of all denominations

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Oh come on! Illegal entry is no greater a crime than trespassing, it's not like murder or felony larceny. How many people lose their children because they trespassed?

Besides, according to Merkley, a lot of these children were taken from their parents who were legally requesting asylum. ICE takes their kids while their cases are pending. This is a new policy that the Trump administration touts as a "deterrent". That's something the Obama administration didn't do.

I definitely think that the Senator should have been allowed entry, especially since he gave them plenty of notice he was coming. Makes you think, "what are they hiding?".

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Well maybe the PARENTS should be thinking of the children before they willingly break the law.

Just a thought. . .

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Put me down as
DON'T Care
to add it's an Oregon clown in Texas
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 5-6-2018 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

a reply to: underwerks

Well maybe the PARENTS should be thinking of the children before they willingly break the law.

Just a thought. . .

Maybe if we punish the children enough, they won’t try to sneak back in when they get older, am I right?

Deterrents for everybody!

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

Children are the perfect political pawns.

Yep. Remember Bill Clinton using Elian Gonzalez?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Your silly kids have been placed in foster care over speeding tickets. Anytime a single parent is given any jail time such as say two weeks and no one comes forward to watch the child guess what happens.

As far as taking kids for asylum seekers that's not true. What will happen is request for asylum is denied. Then he or she is referred to the immigration court for removal proceedings, where he or she may renew the request for asylum through the defensive process and appear before an immigration judge. This involves them being jailed until removal proceedings
edit on 6/5/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

One thing that bothers me about it is that those poor kids have no one here. No family, no friends to give them a home while they wait.

There are far too many documented cases of kids in social or foster care type systems flat out going missing and never seen again. My suspicion is child trafficking or outright abuse/murder.

Bodies of hundreds of children buried...

Mass Grave found at former Catholic orphange

Woman drunk when she drove family off cliff

Foster children go missing from care

70 Foster children go missing in Kansas 2017

Thousands of children in care go missing each year

That above is just the tip of the iceberg. Yeah, it's not good of the parents to drag their children on such a dangerous journey, but ripping those kids apart from their parents in a country where they likely do not speak English, don't understand the culture and have no anchor of familiarity seems particularly cruel to me.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Oh come on! Illegal entry is no greater a crime than trespassing, it's not like murder or felony larceny. How many people lose their children because they trespassed?

Besides, according to Merkley, a lot of these children were taken from their parents who were legally requesting asylum. ICE takes their kids while their cases are pending. This is a new policy that the Trump administration touts as a "deterrent". That's something the Obama administration didn't do.

I definitely think that the Senator should have been allowed entry, especially since he gave them plenty of notice he was coming. Makes you think, "what are they hiding?".

not that I don't believe you, but can you provide a link to back that up?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

do you really need someone to tell you this is wrong?

this is wrong

no fault of their own

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

This is also something i am wondering.

I heard all day yesterday on radio reports that merkley called in advance and was denied. In the article in the op it states the person mercley talked to at the facility said no one gets in without calling first.

run around sue

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

My knee-jerk response is no. He doesn't. it's a private institution that is contracted to provide a service by the Gov't. Unless specifically stated under the contract agreement, I see no reason to allow an Oregon Senator, who is obviously a protagonist to their service, entry into the premises unless contracted to do so.

I could be wrong, though.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

"The reason why I came is this new policy that the attorney general has in place of families that are waiting for the adjudication of their application for asylum in the U.S., and the children are being separated," Merkley said.

us.pressfrom.com...

I came to the United States on February 20, 2018, to seek political asylum. As I walked across the international bridge, which connects Brownsville, Texas, to Matamoros, Mexico, I felt fear rising in my throat.

I knew that the asylum process could take a long time, and that it was possible that my son and I would be detained while we waited for a judge to decide our futures.

We spent that night in a facility -- it would be the last night that my son would sleep in my arms for months.

When we woke up the next morning, immigration officers brought us outside where there were two government cars waiting. They said that I would be going to one place, and my son would go to another. I asked why repeatedly, but they didn't give me a reason.
Source: us.pressfrom.com...

edit on 5-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join