It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Ratings: Primetime Audience Collapses 25 Percent in May

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
CNN continues it slipslide down the drain of popularity.

The Neilsen Ratings have them falling hard month by month.

In the meantime FoxNews (cable) is soraing like an eagle.

What is going on ?

In ratings data released Wednesday by Nielsen Media Research, FNC extended its run of consecutive months at number one to a staggering 197, while building hitting another impressive milestone: Fox News Channel has now beaten every other network in basic cable for 23 months straight, based on total day ratings, with an average total day audience in May of 1.4 million viewers.

In prime time, Fox News destroyed its competition, with an average total audience of 2.381 million viewers, compared to MSNBC’s 1.384 million and CNN’s 835,000. Among viewers 25-54, the group most coveted by advertisers, FNC shook off a challenge in recent months from MSNBC to claim a clear victory: 461,000 viewers, well ahead of MSNBC (329,000) and CNN (265,000).

💥☣

+28 more 
posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
good riddance

these networks collapsing would be a blessing, maybe then I can stop hearing about how racist I am

+15 more 
posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
CNN numbers are funny given they're on in just about every airport and gym across the country.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I hear cnn under estimated things by a factor of 5

So they might be some common core math here

+5 more 
posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Clown News Network caught on camera in a moment of truth and reflection............

+14 more 
posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Their ratings are a direct correlation to people's faith in the Russian Collusion narrative.

And we know what direction that's going in.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
According to THIS source their web page is only getting stronger with more clicks. Lots of people are ditching cable these days in favor of alternate methods and guess who is the majority that watches Fox News? Old people who grew up with TV as their main source of entertainment and are more comfortable with keeping their cable subscription.

It's good to look at things in context.
edit on 5/31/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Shouldnt we all be happy that less people are watching the idiot box, regardless of which channel/network

Surely at ATS most people understand that TV is used to promote anything and everything, its no truth machine

+22 more 
posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
According to THIS source their web page is only getting stronger with more clicks. Lots of people are ditching cable these days in favor of alternate methods and guess who is the majority that watches Fox News? Old people who grew up with TV as their main source of entertainment and are more comfortable with keeping their cable subscription.

If you look at things in context, if CNN didn't have a lock on airports their viewership would be about 7 or so.

You can make webpage hits with a bot, btw.

Now I'm sure you believe in the power of bots!!!

After all, if they can change the results of an election....

edit on 31-5-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

In that case how do we know Fox doesn't have a warehouse full of TV's tuned into Fox News 24/7 to boost their numbers? I can speculate out of my ass too.

+14 more 
posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

In that case how do we know Fox doesn't have a warehouse film of TV's tuned into Fox News 24/7 to boost their numbers? I can speculate out of my ass too.

I'll just leave this here for you and walk away...

Fox News Channel | Most Watched | Roku Channel Store

I'm guessing all your old stupid people use ROKU too...

~mike drop~

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

How do we know Fox doesn't own a bunch of Rokus and have them tuned into their own channel 24/7? Just using your own logic here.

Also, show me where I called anyone stupid? Sounds like you're putting words in my mouth.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Right. I guess the 25% all decided to cut the cord in May.

There's also finding any context possible to keep one comfortable in their misconceptions.

HRC and the DNC did that, and look what it brought them....a Trump presidency.

edit on 31-5-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm sure having Google pushing CNN's propaganda in their search results has nothing to do with that.

+4 more 
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
CNN numbers are funny given they're on in just about every airport and gym across the country.

I can't find it right now, but there was an analysis of the ratings for cable news networks last year that found that almost half of CNN's audience are 24 hour viewers ie. airports, waiting rooms etc. Literally the only thing keeping CNN afloat is the contracts Time-Warner has with hospitals and airports to keep them on their screens. SAD!

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
CNN continues it slipslide down the drain of popularity.

The Neilsen Ratings have them falling hard month by month.

In the meantime FoxNews (cable) is soraing like an eagle.

What is going on ?

In ratings data released Wednesday by Nielsen Media Research, FNC extended its run of consecutive months at number one to a staggering 197, while building hitting another impressive milestone: Fox News Channel has now beaten every other network in basic cable for 23 months straight, based on total day ratings, with an average total day audience in May of 1.4 million viewers.

In prime time, Fox News destroyed its competition, with an average total audience of 2.381 million viewers, compared to MSNBC’s 1.384 million and CNN’s 835,000. Among viewers 25-54, the group most coveted by advertisers, FNC shook off a challenge in recent months from MSNBC to claim a clear victory: 461,000 viewers, well ahead of MSNBC (329,000) and CNN (265,000).

💥☣

I'm not defending CNN by any means, but this isn't really a meaningful comparison. The main reason Fox dominates these numbers is because it's the only conservative-leaning cable news channel. The other main cable news channels are all liberal-leaning, and their viewership is split between them. If they all combined into one liberal mecca channel, their numbers would be around what Fox's are.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

I can't find it right now, but there was an analysis of the ratings for cable news networks last year that found that almost half of CNN's audience are 24 hour viewers ie. airports, waiting rooms etc. Literally the only thing keeping CNN afloat is the contracts Time-Warner has with hospitals and airports to keep them on their screens. SAD!

I'd love to see that lol that's gold if you can find it.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Nothing like a little rationalization to get you through your day, heh? Acosta keeps talking, CNN ratings continue to crash and burn.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Yes, CNN execs are sweating bullets... Which they promptly wipe off their faces with the nearest wad of cash....

Cue in all media are owned by a few single corporations meme...

I'm sure a 100% drop in viewers is no sweat off their sacs...

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
When you combine MSNBC, PBS and CNN....Fox comes in a distant third.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join