It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is not Science, it's claims are not Scientific

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

why does science always has to be defined when there's talk about faith?

I'm a human, you know.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

But from scratch?? No way. Too poorly designed to be 'intelligent'.

That's just a very i'll informed opinion.
Prejudice even. You believe in a greater miracle
than God himself ever performed before men.
But you have evidence.

At least you're reasonable. Lol
edit on Rpm60118v41201800000020 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Are you referring to the blind spot caused by the optic nerve? The blind spot of one eye is visible to the other eye. No problem here.

No.

Sunburn is an effective way that our body says "get out of the sun".

No, it isn't. The effective way to design skin that doesn't get burned by the sun.

Hmm... how about you, an intelligent person, create a machine that can last for over 100 years, repair itself, deduce logically, feel emotionally, and reproduce offspring that can do the same. Since humans have all these capabilities, and it is unfathomable for us intelligent humans to create such a machine, we are compelled to believe that the human body is the result of an intelligent being much more intelligent than us humans

Yup, completely possible and probably will happen. Doesn't prove the existence of God or an intelligent designer behind us human beings.

And, I wouldn't design a machine to get cancer, or mental disorders that allow abuse to its child machines

There's too many stupid mistakes and design flaws in us for *any* remotely intelligent being to have designed us. However as I said early, I will concede that something could have altered our DNA or DNA on Earth a long time ago so perhaps certain mutations happened which allowed for us to be 'us'.

But as described by the religious? Nope, I do not believe it due to zero evidence, whereas evolution has plenty and suggests that is the more correct theory.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
why does science always has to be defined when there's talk about faith?
I'm a human, you know.

It is and will be, when people of faith try to argue their faith is equally as valid as scientific facts and evidence. It is not.

I will always go to an aerospace engineer to design my aircraft and not someone who 'has faith' that they know what they are doing.

I will always go to a doctor who has medical training over someone who believes they can heal me with 'faith'.

As I said, faith is subjective and personal to you - and that's cool. But it cannot be used as a measure of accuracy or veracity to a claim of truth.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: FyreByrd

Or the singularity would broach both universe, possible even multiple different universe.

Fact is we dont know and since classical physics break down and the laws of thermodynamics state that in the macroscopic world, it's impossible to reduce the entropy of the universe.

So theoretically anything that came out the other side/end of the singularity would seem to negate the concept that universal entropy can only increase.

From a systems point of view what you are saying is perfectly sensible.

But other 'universes', in order to keep the 'meta-system of infinite universes' existing would have to have different laws and constants of physics.

Following that line of reasoning, 'breaches' between universes - would be a requirement of homeostasis in the Metaverse.

Negentropy?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
That's just a very i'll informed opinion.
Prejudice even. You believe in a greater miracle
than God himself ever performed before men.
But you have evidence.

I assume you are saying that the sub-components that came together which led to organic compounds and eventually life on Earth is a miracle?

Well, i don't know the probability of it happening. But, maybe with the right ingredients, planet distance from its nearest solar body to support liquid water and the known chemical elements (like carbon being in such abundance in the galaxy) which react well together is more common than we know of.

But I don't see how any God or designer was involved. If there was, he should get no more than a D grade.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

It's not to you, but it is to them.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

And that's fine if they want to believe that. But no form of 'faith' will trump fact.

Why don't courts of law work on 'faith' instead of evidence? Because faith is personal, internal, subjective. I can't know what's going on in your head nor can I 'experience' your faith in such a way that will prove truth to the claim it purports to lay evidence to.

That's what science can do, and do very well. Provide an objective mechanism that people can follow and reproduce to verify the truth of a claim.

So it's cool, have all the faith you want - I would never say you cannot have faith. But it doesn't have anything to do with objective truth.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Well, i don't know the probability of it happening. But, maybe with the right ingredients, planet distance from its nearest solar body to support liquid water and the known chemical elements (like carbon being in such abundance in the galaxy) which react well together is more common than we know of. 

This list is infinitely long, against the odds
lacks common sense.

The whole idea isn't the only
miracle that had to happen for success.

Laughable preferrence but at least
it makes you god.
edit on Rpm60118v59201800000030 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

And that's fine if they want to believe that. But no form of 'faith' will trump fact.

I don't know, perhaps when someone turns water into wine or heals a cripple.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

"Are you referring to the blind spot caused by the optic nerve? The blind spot of one eye is visible to the other eye. No problem here."
No.

Yes it does. You can only barely see the blind spot with one eye. Even with one eye, the visual centers of your brain often fill in the missing information source. Unless all of a sudden you're anti-science?

The effective way to design skin that doesn't get burned by the sun.

You're referring to melanin. The skin pigment that allows extended exposure to the sun.

And, I wouldn't design a machine to get cancer, or mental disorders that allow abuse to its child machines

The prototype was perfect. Problems only occur when the user misuses the machine. This is "sin", and it leads to disease and death.

There's too many stupid mistakes and design flaws in us for *any* remotely intelligent being to have designed us.
Says the person with self-awareness and knowledge of written communication to type words that convey a logical meaning through an electrical device invented by said humans that is capable of sending messages to anywhere on the grid almost instantaneously. You are pretending that the human body resembles no intelligence solely so you can cling to the theory that we were made from randomness. Even your ability to hold such a paradoxical opinion is another demonstration of the infinite complexity of the human intellect.
edit on 1-6-2018 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Why does God bother you so much?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You mean like a vintner or a doctor

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

It's like asking me why does the Easter Bunny bother me. It doesn't.

It's more to do with people who believe religious beliefs should be taught along side other things as fact. Or politicians who enact laws based on their religious beliefs. I have no issue with religion being taught in schools in the humanities or social studies or wherever it's placed these days.

But it worries me when there are now large groups of people who believe in Creationism and want it taught like it's real, or a fact. I wouldn't want my children being taught that Creationism is a real thing. It isn't.

What you believe for yourself is fine with me. So long as it isn't enforced on me, or you want to end my life because I don't share your beliefs.

That's my biggest annoyance.
edit on 1-6-2018 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You mean like a vintner or a doctor

doctors may help facilitate healing, but most of it is healed by the body. If bone breaks, the bone fuses back together. Skin tears, it repairs. Another testament of the amazing capabilities of our body.
edit on 1-6-2018 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Sure I do

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

The only person I expect to die
for what I believe is me.

So stop exaggerating will ya?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

So stop exaggerating will ya?

I'm not exaggerating. There are millions of people of faith who would like to see people like me dead because I don't believe or follow their views.
edit on 1-6-2018 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

It's like asking me why does the Easter Bunny bother me. It doesn't.

It's more to do with people who believe religious beliefs should be taught along side other things as fact. Or politicians who enact laws based on their religious beliefs. I have no issue with religion being taught in schools in the humanities or social studies or wherever it's placed these days.

But it worries me when there are now large groups of people who believe in Creationism and want it taught like it's real, or a fact. I wouldn't want my children being taught that Creationism is a real thing. It isn't.

What you believe for yourself is fine with me. So long as it isn't enforced on me, or you want to end my life because I don't share your beliefs.

That's my biggest annoyance.

Creationism is a fairly new concept. I am not aware of many faiths that take it literal. Do jews? Catholics? Muslims?

Aquinas was talking about God as a prime mover hundreds of years ago. Or a necessary being or first cause. These are philosophical ideas not religious.

For some reason in the us this creationist movement started.

Who came up with the big bang? A priest.

Mendel was a monk

To them evolution was not challenging the belief in god. They still wondered what was the first cause.

Today even atheist scientist wonder if there is a design.

The Easter bunny is not a first cause. That isn't a credible argument. Mayne sayimg.specifically Zeus and the Easter bunny but the concept of God philosophically goes far deeper than fairies.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

if you say so

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join