It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now What? State Bans Popular AR-15 Accessory, Not A Single Person In The Entire State Complies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This should be good. The fine residents of New Jersey simply did not comply. Appears only 4 people in the entire state of Massachusetts gave up their property.

Question for the Gun Control Nuts.... Now What? If people won't turn in a piece of plastic, do you think they will ever turn in their guns when / if the left passes their dream firearms bills?

So, what is the next step... Swat hit teams to raid them at 3 AM?

www.blacklistednews.com...

The state of New Jersey has become the latest to ban bump-stocks for firearms, and despite strict threats to owners who refuse to turn their newly illegal devices over to police, not a single resident has complied with the new law. The legislation banning the popular A-15 accessory, Senate Bill 3477, went into effect immediately after it was signed into law by Gov. Chris Christie in January, and it gave residents 90 days to “voluntarily surrender any bump stock in their possession to a law enforcement agency.”

Despite the fact that New Jersey residents who are caught with bump stocks could face up to 5 years in prison and up to $15,000 in fines, reports have claimed that not a single bump stock has been turned in, even though the deadline to turn the newly illegal accessories over to police was last month.

New Jersey is not alone. Massachusetts became the first state to ban bump stocks earlier this year, and even though the state’s new legislation threatens violators with up to 18 months in jail, only four people have complied by voluntarily surrendering their bump stocks to police.

edit on 29-5-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Makes sense...pretty sure the kinda person that feels the need to own a piece of plastic that turns their #ty plastic hunting rifle into an 'automatic' in New Jersey...probably isn't the kind of person who gives a # either way.

The whole thing seems pretty funny to me considering...there's so many more effective and deadly guns you could use to kill a whole Lotta people than an ar-15 that no one seems to give the slightest # about. I really think the whole push against ar-15's is to turn the American public against the 'good guy' gun to spread the idea that unless the m-16(ar-15) is used by 'professionals'(soldiers, the government government) it must be 'bad guys' causing problems...no one would think twice if massacres were done with an ak-47 or some such a thing because they're already the 'bad guy' gun.
edit on 29/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I'm guessing here, but bump stocks weren't that popular in the first place. Ammo is expensive. They result in highly inaccurate shooting and outside of preppers, not considered part of personal defense by most. JMO, though.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's funny! Now what? Are they going to push this and criminalize who knows how many people?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Idiotic legislation. Anyone with a decent pair of bluejeans has a bump-stock. It's called your belt loop, just hook it with your thumb. The fact is they dont want to ban accessories and it won't stop there.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I'm guessing here, but bump stocks weren't that popular in the first place. Ammo is expensive. They result in highly inaccurate shooting and outside of preppers, not considered part of personal defense by most. JMO, though.

I think they are useless as # but I find it hilarious that nobody complied with their confiscation law.

So, what exactly has this LAW accomplished?

Any Gun Control people around?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
We live in a fricken powder keg

Buy a house deep in the mountains

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I think they are useless as # but I find it hilarious that nobody complied with their confiscation law.

So, what exactly has this LAW accomplished?

Any Gun Control people around?

It accomplished all it was intended to... giving a politician some useless piece of legislation they can put their name on to make their brain dead constituents think they are "doing something".

+1 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Well if their intent was to discover how people would respond to a general weapons ban should one be passed, I think they have an answer.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Any real prepper won't waste ammo that way - fools and idiots might and there are plenty of those around.

I didn't see the * in second amendment stating if, but, when, how, might, maybe or under special circumstances though!

Any of you ACTUALLY see that either???????

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Perhaps a good-faith buy-back program would give them a better return. Some will keep them knowing that anything banned usually goes up in value. As far as what they are used for, the performance is terrible at best, anyway.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Done

If you're in a city get the hell out or make plans to do so.

link   

Done

link   

Done

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Done

Ok that was wonky, sorry for quad post but swear didnt do it!
edit on 29-5-2018 by Phoenix because: add comment

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Oh, it was down a bit in the article:

While some local police officials claim that they believe the bump stocks are not being turned in by residents because they are not “a popular accessory,” statistics from the federal government estimate that Americans spent $96.2 million on bump stocks between 2011 and 2017.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Oh, it was down a bit in the article:

While some local police officials claim that they believe the bump stocks are not being turned in by residents because they are not “a popular accessory,” statistics from the federal government estimate that Americans spent $96.2 million on bump stocks between 2011 and 2017.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's funny! Now what? Are they going to push this and criminalize who knows how many people?

Total confiscation coming !!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

What did you say??....

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

Done

Ok that was wonky, sorry for quad post but swear didnt do it!

4 copy-replies?

Someone has a bump-stock on his keyboard....

is it hooked on your belt-loop?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join