It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrant who saved child from balcony fall given path to French citizenship

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
(post by Kkintekk removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The other man on the balcony already had the child so how did he "rescue" anyone?
He climbed up but too late to be the actual savior of this child.
Or are we supposed to just ignore that?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
The other man on the balcony already had the child so how did he "rescue" anyone?

That child wasn’t safe until he was pulled up. The other man might have been holding his arm, but could have lost his grip at any moment. It wasn’t until the climber got up there and pulled the child up, that the child was truly saved.

But because he was an illegal immigrant, you just can’t give him any credit? Petty.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

The guy gets an A for effort but the other man already had the child safely in his grip and you can see the child side-stepping over to him. I think he actually has hold of both arms but releases it when the other man arrives.

I don't care WHO he is, the fact they have to keep telling everyone he's an illegal immigrant is rather irritating as if we expect less of them making this an exceptional event. I would expect any man who could climb up to do so, it's what makes a civilized society.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
ETA; bleh, read one thing and apparently clicke don the wrong thing
edit on 29-5-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I saw this yesterday and something about it just seems fake and a set-up. i reckon he's one of those guys who jumps around on roofs, jumping from building to building... base jumping or whatever it's called.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I saw this yesterday and something about it just seems fake and a set-up. i reckon he's one of those guys who jumps around on roofs, jumping from building to building... base jumping or whatever it's called.

I must admit it does look like a setup, even if it wasn't. The saviour scaled those heights like pre trained but maybe learnt trying to jump into lorries. The really weird thing was the kid, how did it hold on so well? Almost like it was glued in position.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I don't know. I couldn't tell whether the kid was or not and I don't know how he was hanging up there either

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

The guy gets an A for effort but the other man already had the child safely in his grip and you can see the child side-stepping over to him. I think he actually has hold of both arms but releases it when the other man arrives.

I can’t tell that the other man had the child safely in his grip, and why didn’t that other man pull the child up? If he was too weak to pull him up, what makes you so sure he wasn’t too weak to hold on much longer?

I don't care WHO he is, the fact they have to keep telling everyone he's an illegal immigrant is rather irritating as if we expect less of them making this an exceptional event. I would expect any man who could climb up to do so, it's what makes a civilized society.

Hearing some of the awful things people have said about illegal immigrants (they’re animals, they’re a bunch of rapists and murderers, etc.) it’s nice to be able to hear that illegal immigrants can be part of a civilized society.
edit on 29-5-2018 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

France seems a very divided society. Terror has appeared as a result of this division. France is under attack. I wouldn't put it past the leaders of France to stich up a scene like this to show the good coming from immigrants to make all sides feel a bit better and lower the tension. They don't seem to have any other answer to the youths of muslims going down the terror route right now.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

France seems a very divided society. Terror has appeared as a result of this division. France is under attack. I wouldn't put it past the leaders of France to stich up a scene like this to show the good coming from immigrants to make all sides feel a bit better and lower the tension. They don't seem to have any other answer to the youths of muslims going down the terror route right now.

That's what I was thinking. What better way to show people how Immigrants aren't to blame for a country's problems than to have one who is walking past this building with a kid hanging out on a ledge, he climbs up rescues kid... great immigrants and Macron gets to look good too by handing him ctizenship!

Worked out for both of them.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
a reply to: JosephKnecht

You say I’m the one with the political agenda???
Have you read the thread title?
It’s not “man” saves child it’s “immigrant” saves child.

I don’t particularly like the rules but I’m playing the same game as the person who came up with that headline

In all fairness the title is appropriate..... He's an immigrant offered citizenship for a heroic deed... And its also title of the story as per ATS rules..

Take a breath brother.....

Nothing wrong w the title.

And well deserved for him too, what an amazing act of courage and selflessness...

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

No offense..... But not one single person has said all illegals are all rapists and murderers...

That's disengenious and meant to be inflammatory and you know it

Please stop....

You're tarnishing a heroic deed by injecting falacy and engaging in political bs....

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

No offense, but I didn't claim anyone said ALL illegal immigrants were rapists and murderers, but general statements have been made that some countries are sending over their worst. Do you deny that?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

No offense, but I didn't claim anyone said ALL illegal immigrants were rapists and murderers, but general statements have been made that some countries are sending over their worst. Do you deny that?

No, but I also dont deny that some countries are lol......we just had a rash of MS-13 here.......but none of that has anything to do with this story...

And I think it demeans this guys actions and his story to mix it with politics......do you not agree?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I was responding to someone who said it was annoying to hear it was an illegal immigrant. I happen to think that with so much negative press illegal immigrants have been given, this positive story is refreshing. Your mileage may vary.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The word immigrant is not racist, pointed, or anything like that. It simply describes a person who came from another country originally.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

if you look closely you would see a glass partition separating the man from the child, the man was stretching his arm to try his best to hold the child, he wasn't in full control, he should also get some credit imo.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It looks pretty staged to me.

Really pokemon?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=23443348]TruthxIsxInxThexMisthe climbs up rescues kid... great immigrants and Macron gets to look good too by handing him ctizenship!

Worked out for both of them.

Oh yeah it's win win for both of them. What I do find amusing and it just made me chuckle is this.................................

Millions of illegal immigrants all over Europe will be watching this and see an opportunity here to get citizenship and maybe even fame. Expect loads of copy cat do gooder scams coming up with their fellow illegals there with their phones ready to capture the heroic acts

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join