It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrant who saved child from balcony fall given path to French citizenship

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Here's a nice story that may ligthen things up here.

n immigrant dubbed the "Spider-Man of Paris" has been invited to apply for French citizenship after staging a remarkable rescue over the weekend.

Video published on social media showed Mamoudou Gassama — who is living in the country illegally, according to a rights group — quickly scaling the side of an apartment block to save a child clinging from the outside of a fourth-floor balcony.

The 22-year-old met French President Emmanuel Macron on Monday morning after being hailed for his bravery.

Macron later announced that Gassama could seek French nationality and that the fire service was ready to offer him a job.

www.euronews.com...

Immigrant or not that was pretty ballsy! The video below:

I get freaked out climbing a 10 foot wall with ropes and a harness. This is great, this person put their lives on the line to save that child. Nothing was expected, nothing was offered, no real motivation other than the urge to save anothing life. This guy is a beast!

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yep he did well and was rewarded. Bravo.
When looking at first glance I wondered why the father had not gripped the arm or Hand and hauled the child over ?

Ok not the father thanks for correcting my supposition.. AngryC..

edit on 28 5 2018 by skywatcher44 because: Correction.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This one shows a little more.

Interview with the 'spiderman". (I'm shocked at how long it's taking for these vids to post. Good Lord.)

edit on 5/28/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44
Yep he did well and was rewarded. Bravo.
When looking at first glance I wondered why the father had not gripped the arm or Hand and hauled the child over ?

That wasn't the father, it was the rather horrified neighbour who only just noticed and who appears to be at full stretch and rather terrified. The father was in fact away from the apartment, with the mother not even being in Paris at the time, and the police have subsequently arrested the father for child abandonment, or something similar. The Hero of the hour deserves (and has gotten) a medal. He also said that he did it without thinking and that when he got to safety his legs went a bit wobbly as he realised what he had done. Bloody hell, mine would have as well.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I’d be more impressed with the gesture of the French government if they also had the same zeal in kicking out people who do the wrong thing.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
What an amazing video.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Yeah, I saw this on CNN when I got home from work... Was kinda hoping someone would post it here too. With all the morbid & politically motivated nonsense going on in the news ATM, this is actually a really cool and inspirational story.

What an awesome bloke... And that's some kind of upper body strength his got. He just lifted himself up their like it was nothing.

They said the french President was offering him a french citizenship and the fire brigade is also offering him a job.

Good for him... Hopefully he just scored himself a prosperous life and a promising career.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I’d be more impressed with the gesture of the French government if they also had the same zeal in kicking out people who do the wrong thing.

Yeah because saving a child's life is less impressive than your political agenda...noted.

Edit:

I do believe that Macron is using this for ratings but it's a happy story for me at least.
edit on 28-5-2018 by JosephKnecht because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JosephKnecht

You say I’m the one with the political agenda???
Have you read the thread title?
It’s not “man” saves child it’s “immigrant” saves child.

I don’t particularly like the rules but I’m playing the same game as the person who came up with that headline

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

You say I’m the one with the political agenda???
Have you read the thread title?
It’s not “man” saves child it’s “immigrant” saves child.

I don’t particularly like the rules but I’m playing the same game as the person who came up with that headline

Yet the first thing you do is belittle the act by turning it into a political debate.

I bet my left nut that you clowns are trying to dig dirt up on the guy hoping to get him deported.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Good lord, can't we just be happy that an act of incredible selflessness and decency took place where otherwise such events give way to awful stories?

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

It was political when they said “immigrant” instead of “man”

And who’s “you clowns”?

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Very brave man. You don't see this very often but I'm sure it happens more often than not but just in places where there are no video cameras. I'm also surprised that the baby held on for so long. He very well could have slipped off at any moment. But thank god he didn't.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Very nice!

I am glad to see positive actions being rewarded! It seems it happens so little these days.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Why are the two other people so useless? grab the wrist hand and pull.
edit on 28-5-2018 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

It is incredible what he did. He is a true hero and the Country is better off for having a person like that living there.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I can't believe he climbed up the building to try and steal that child!?! That's so brazen!

Seriously, only joking. What a fantastic effort. I've seen people under stress freeze up before - really great to see this guy spring into action (and not just whip out his phone to film it, which happens far too often).

Kudos to this man. Genuine applause.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Kudos to the guy, and lets give France some credit here they are moving to reward the guy with citizenship (at least that's what Marcon wants), and that's what the guy wanted so he can better his life.

Marcon gets a great PR piece, Family gets a still living child, he get citizenship so now he can pursue his dreams... wins all the way around.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Good stuff. Brave man. How did the kid get in that situation?

Macron seems to be good at this PR, for which he is staring to get ridiculed by some sections of the French press.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Great news all round, certainlt not got the balls or strength to do that, great to see the citizenship and fireman job - he's more than earnt it and think it will be the first of many lives he's saved.

a reply to: paraphi

His Dad went shopping and to play pokemon go. Madness.

<<   2  3 >>

join