It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military DOES NOT protect your freedoms!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

The Bill of Rights only describes the rights of the people in a general way . A preamble . You knew that though ? Right ? Just say yes. The Constitution guarantees them those rights under law

You are all over the place in your previous statements. Clearly you state that the Bill of Rights "only describes the rights" but then state that the Constitution guarantees those rights. The Bill of Rights is part of the Constitution that states and guarantees some of the rights the people were born with and never allowed it to have.

You can't say the Bill of rights is only this and then contradict it by saying it is something else. At any rate, the government never had any power over our rights until we gave them the power via the Constitution, not the other way around. That's like saying the government formed itself then wrote the Constitution, ridicules.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The U S Military Assures your freedom in the United States.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

There was no "United States of America" until the Declaration of Independence was written and the Constitutions were ratified. Before that, it was colonies that were ruled by the Crown. The colonies, through the self rule of their people, appointed representatives that created the Constitutions (both state and federal) that in turn created our country.

The way you make it sound, it's like the Crown as our acting government allowed the U.S. to so, therefore the Revolutionary War was unnecessary. The Crown did not grant us the rights we recognized as endowed by our Creator, the Crown didn't create the United States, the people of the colonies did by virtue of their natural right as human beings. We the people created our government and gave it the power it has, it didn't come from England or by creating itself.

The only point I'm trying to put forth is that the government doesn't grant rights to the citizens, the citizens allowed the government the use of some of our rights in order to become the government, to govern, not grant.
edit on 27-5-2018 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added an extra comment

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Some of you are missing the point. The Military DOES NOT protect our freedoms WE DO!
So long as we have and use the second amendment. The right to keep and bare armes, protects our freedoms.

The Military protects and defends the interests of the Federal Government and is forbidden by law from operating on U.S. soil, with the exception of the National Guard (Kent State).

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

All of my veteran buddies are pretty adamant that memorial day is to honor the soldiers who've fallen...not the ones living.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Just look at the medal of honor, among much other symbolism. At the highest levels, the military is a dark occult organization. The reason why only a handful of people can run the world is because ORDER FOLLOWERS make it happen. The people high up know how Karma works, and get others to actually carry out the deed, lessing the karmic load on themselves. I served for 4 years, way before I knew anything.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

The very fact of your military’s existence has deterred despots from invading you and enslaving you. These people guard you while you sleep, but you’re too busy enjoying your freedoms to want to defend them.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Let me inform you as you really , really need it
They follow orders.
1) The military protects the Constitution
2) The Constitution grants the freedoms to it 's citizens.

Now you have been informed
And I have performed my due diligence to ATS in denying ignorance

So the military protects the Constitution, and that's why our government is entirely corrupt? Help me out here. Throw me a bone or something. I'm not getting it. The alphabet agencies spy on us, our local police steal our assets (we do not forfeit them) and people get locked up for drinking raw milk. What has the military done to put a stop to all of this? And it isn't getting better, it's getting worse. We are not gaining freedom faster than we are losing it. Congress keeps on writing more laws and regulations. The MIC is not shrinking. And the Constitution grants NOTHING! It is supposed to RESTRICT the government. Our rights are fundamental. Nothing personal Goth, I like you, and I understand that most of us have family in the military or know somebody that served. My grandfather was Captain in the 82nd Airborne. The soldiers are our loved ones. But they are commanded by people that are globalist warmongers. Standing armies are always dangerous, and we were not supposed to have one. That is what the militia is supposed to be for.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

All of my veteran buddies are pretty adamant that memorial day is to honor the soldiers who've fallen...not the ones living.

They are right.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretsoftheBlueApples
Really? I've served over 23 years and still on Active Duty protecting our freedoms. The Sun shines on the Just and the Unjust, the Genius and the Retard. Enjoy your mom's basement.

So why has the fourth amendment been eroding since 2001?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Im seeing a lot of examples of the exact type of mindset i described. For those of you who dont understand, in the US, our laws are created by the legislative branch of government and interpreted by the judicial branch. These laws are what effect how fully a person express their natural rights. If the military were to become a part of this process in such a way as to be said to protect freedom THAT WOULD BE CALLED A #ING COUP D'ETAT. But thats okay. Just go ahead an wave a little flag around , maybe its better that you not be part of the process if you dont take it seriously.
edit on 27-5-2018 by Whoisjohngalt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Just imagine what people's opinions would be if they knew the true history of warfare, especially the 2 major world wars. If they knew the true motivations behind all of the blood shed, a demand to dismantle and retract would spring up and gain majority by the end of the season. If people would simply look beyond the texts books version of approved history.

Must always have enemies to vilify. I wonder how much longer the Nazi will serve as this enemy? There are some alt views that the Nazi regime didn't lose the war, they simply went underground with our full assistance. Operation paper clip anyone? Where did Bormann end up anyways? How about IG Farben? How about prescott bush financing the Nazi regime? He was actually found guilty but did it make a difference? How about his 2 non charismatic sons obtaining the presidency, payback?

If anyone really cares to truly educate themselves on history outside of the sanctified and sanitized official stories, there are a plethora of sources out there.

One of my current favorites is Joseph P Farrell. Magnificent researcher. If people only knew the truth.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

edit on 27 5 18 by projectvxn because: Definitely not worth it

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

edit on 27 5 18 by projectvxn because: Not worth it.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
What some folks here are missing is pretty simple..

While the politicians may misuse the military to do things that are not wanted or desired, that does not mean the men and women in uniform support those decisions.

Each person joins for a different reason, and the number of reasons are probably as numerous as the stars in the sky.

Also as mentioned each memeber of the military also benefits from our freedoms so for purely selfish reasons they will defend those freedoms to make certain they remain for themselves.

The fact that some people still have trouble seeing where the problem lay saddens me.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Let me inform you as you really , really need it
They follow orders.
1) The military protects the Constitution
2) The Constitution grants the freedoms to it 's citizens.

Now you have been informed
And I have performed my due diligence to ATS in denying ignorance

And the last time the Constitution needed direct protection or everything domestic would've gone FUBAR was...when?

The OP has a point that even my husband, and his fellow vet buddies, AND his current career enlisted buddies have echoed -- the military doesn't protect s#, he didn't protect s# for you, they didn't protect s# for you. What they're all in agreement on having done serving is expanding US influence abroad, mostly at the detriment of the country du jour in the crosshairs.
The freedoms you're granted & assured come from politicians. Old & modern alike. Not the military.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
the US military hasnt fought for our rights in over a 150 years

What rights? To be gunned down randomly?
To be little more than cattle o be slowly taxed?
To be dumbed down by the media, schools, and the like?
To be told because I am a certain ethnicity, am I worth less than dirt?
To be treated like I am little more than a stupid toddler by people who supposedly represent me in government?
To be rendered into poverty and robbed by the same government?
Some rights. Whee.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I see what you're getting at but the military is designed to protect the people, the land, and the Constitutions BUT it's also under the command of greedy corrupt politicians who've been abusing the power and might of the US military for far too long all in the supposed name of Freedom, Democracy, etc.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Oh You mean the Dep't. of Defense™ and them doing the job of the Dep't. of Offense™ ?? Running around a big expensive base in the middle of some dessert 6,000 miles away from 'Merica, cleaning weapons while the guys who are actually doing the fighting (bombing) while in an air conditioned office in a Las Vegas business park??

Check how much DICK Cheney and Haliburton™ has made in Iraq.

Too bad You couldn't get the tonnage of opium out of Afghanistan since 'The War™' started. Now I have to fly in the continental US in sweats and flip flops after getting probed by folks who couldn't pass the GED..

So going back 30 years... Who is 'ahead' ??? The Dep't. of Defense™ is zzzzzzzzzzzz maybe instead of "offending" they should start 'defending'?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterMcKill

So the military protects the Constitution

What else is there to say ?
The Constitution
The military does not pass State or local laws . That process is protected under the rights granted to States
The US elected Representatives pass Federal Laws . That is protected under the rights granted to the Federal government
The military has to follow CoC
It is up to the civilians to vote in legitimate State , local , and Federal officials . The military is not responsible for those war-mongerers voted in by the people.
The military does protect the people's right to vote in corrupt individuals . That is protected under the Constitution
Hope that helps

top topics

<< 1   >>

join