It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FCC raids CNN?

page: 1/
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
A new fight, both politically and on ATS, Same thing I suppose.

Apparently the 'guidelines' regarding broadcasting false information has been violated.

Considering the First Amendment considerations, a whole lot of lawyers are gonna make a lot of money on this one.

Anyone doubt both side will call the other fascist?

yournewswire.com...

Personally, it's time that particular 'pendulum' swings back a bit. No, I don't care whether it's Fox or CNN. Frankly, if an internet site calls itself 'news', it should be held to the same standards.

Of course, all of the MSM could just change their names to 'opinion' networks instead of news networks and beat all the rules, one would think.

What's next? LMAO.
edit on 25-5-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
BRING IT!

sick of these total losers trying to ruin our country, successfully I might add

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
BRING IT!

Free speech is free speech, one would think. I suppose the FCC 'could' take frequencies and/or channels away without 'technically' saying they're restricting 'speech'.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I will not be surprised when this inevitably happens, however I shall not get my hopes up for this article by YourNewsWire, sadly I believe they are much like Sorcha, disinfo laid out to fill the alternative media with Fake News, thus validating the MSM complex.

As for your comments, CNN is the most blatant form of Operation Mockingbird that exists today, they should be taken down for the propaganda they spew, but first we need to get rid of the legalization of propaganda against Americans that Obama gleefully signed into law.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

That sin by Obama escapes. Could you expand on that one?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

If it is fake news, then my apologies. I kind of raced to get a rather gleeful thread going. Mia culpa.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Yournewswire is a fake news website, it's invented content. No raid ever happened it's a hoax - hoax-alert.leadstories.com...

------
Was CNN raided by the FCC "for deceiving the American public"? No, that's not true: a website with a reputation for inventing facts blew up a single unconfirmed tweet from two days ago into "reports" of an action that the FCC doesn't even has jurisdiction for.

The story went viral via an article published by YourNewsWire on May 23, 2018 titled "CNN Raided By FCC For Deceiving American Public"
---------

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Yournewswire is a fake news website, it's invented content. No raid ever happened it's a hoax - hoax-alert.leadstories.com...

------
Was CNN raided by the FCC "for deceiving the American public"? No, that's not true: a website with a reputation for inventing facts blew up a single unconfirmed tweet from two days ago into "reports" of an action that the FCC doesn't even has jurisdiction for.

The story went viral via an article published by YourNewsWire on May 23, 2018 titled "CNN Raided By FCC For Deceiving American Public"
---------

My apologies, then. Mods, dump this please.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

edit on 25-5-2018 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Oh the irony....

Fake news'ed whilst preaching against fake news...

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Pretty sure the source is complete trash and has a habit of posting Fake News.

What’s next? How about not falling for obvious BS and check your sources?
edit on 25-5-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It's about time. They knew they were twisting the truth all along, it is illegal. But they could not do anything till a whistle blower showed the government evidence of it happening. I am glad that this happens, I hope they hit all the news networks that do this. We may not have any major news networks left. Yay. Good, This will create more opportunities for new news agencies to get ahead in the country. Maybe they will tell us more truth of what is happening.

From the seized evidence they took, they might find evidence of the other news agencies doing the same thing. I am sure that they colluded with each other to spread fake news. That way the FCC can then go after the other news agencies spreading fake news since they have evidence found at CNN. A step in the back door may have been found, I am sure some of the other news agencies will now have whistleblowers come forward since they know they may be jobless and sometimes there are financial rewards for whistle blowers.

This is good news, now maybe ATS can get back to some paranormal and other science and UFO stuff since the fake news will cut way down and we do not have to argue about it anymore. Great thread. Good reference link, lots of info in it.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Good reference link, lots of info in it.

facepalmed!

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
CNN is more of a place for false narratives and false spin than straight up fake news. They certainly aren’t a trusted news source.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Oh the irony....

Fake news'ed whilst preaching against fake news...

I hate that when it happens!

especially to me

ganjoa

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Good reference link, lots of info in it.

facepalmed!

The info I found good is that the FCC cannot act without evidence provided beforehand by someone working for the company even though they know fake news is being created. It also tells people what the regulations of the FCC are regarding this. People here need to read this, they are under the assumption that media can lie all they want. I hope something like this actually happens some day soon

What is the facepalm about, do you have a mosquito biting your face?

edit on 25-5-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

So much irony here. And on top of that, the hypocrisy of a bunch of "truth seeking" would be "constitutionalists" scrambling to figure out how this would be justifiable.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

BRING IT!

They are not ruining the country. They are using their god-given right to express themselves, no matter how true or false it may be. No matter how fake this news is, even the thought of it should be repudiated and denounced.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

BRING IT!

They are not ruining the country. They are using their god-given right to express themselves, no matter how true or false it may be. No matter how fake this news is, even the thought of it should be repudiated and denounced.

Yeah right. www.fcc.gov...

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

BRING IT!

Yeah right. www.fcc.gov...

I wasn't aware of that. What a travesty.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join