It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little sister was threatened

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
So about 2 hours ago my little sister came to my house and I wasn’t home at the time but she has a key. I had 5 missed calls from her in the span of 20 minutes. When I noticed that my cell had many missed calls I called her back. She told me she was at my house and scared of some random guy threatening her and her family. I immediately left what I was doing and came home. I asked her to give me all the details and to leave nothing out and show me the conversation she had with him.
She reluctantly did so considering there are some sexual details involved. So she was talking to this guy on a app POF. He and her were talking dirty and then he wanted to meet her but she said no. Then two days later he asked again to meet up and she declines to do so. Then he said he would rather die than to not meet her. She was concerned and alerted the police. After they made contact he sent her a text (and yes they exchanged phone numbers). He said he would get her back more than what she did to him.
Now I do not know this person or what he is capable of but I asked my sister to stay with me because my divorced parents have zero defense. And she has her own room at my house as a mean to get away. She is safe here and I called a good friend in the local police to help keep an eye out of my home. But I can’t help but think about this guy showing up and what I would do if he did. I hope it does not come to that but lord if it did please pray for me and him.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I HIGHLY doubt he'll show up. Hopefully she's blocked him and goes on with life. This happens to nearly everyone on internet dating sites, they're full of crazies, obviously.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

You are an amazing brother. And your sister was smart and brave to share everything with you. You both are handling this perfectly.

Just keep an eye out, but don't become obsessed.

She and you and all involved are in my prayers. Nothing will touch you, you have nothing to fear.

"Father God, thank you for protecting this young girl and her brother, and the parents. I speak a hedge of warrior angels around them, around their homes at all times, no matter where/when. Nothing can touch any of these people, they are guarded by God. I rebuke all evil acting through the man involved. In the name of Jesus, amen."

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

Thank you for the prayer.
I am not going to be too concerned over this but she is going to stay with me for a week. I think it is for the better.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I have told her many times to be very careful of using these types of apps but she is young and often does not listen to me. But that is somewhat expected from someone that has been raised by wealthy people. I am hoping that staying with me for a short time could change some of that. I am well made but as a request I made to my parents of them not ever giving anything to me when I was sixteen may help with my cause.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Perverts are cowards.

That’s why they pick on women and children.

Maybe you can show him how wrong he’s been....Once

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I think you are wise to be doing what you are, I have had to deal with some awful men in past times, stalker types. It's good that you're on your guard with this. I would be terrified if it were me.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
All you can do is be ready. Either it’s going to happen or it ain’t. I want to say he probably won’t show up, but you never know. He sounds like a psycho. If you’re into calling the cops do that first if he shows up. If it happens too fast for that, do whatever you have to to protect you and yours.

I could never do the online dating thing, because you just never know. I’m too paranoid of it being some type of set up and winding up locked in a trunk somewhere.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I hope you have a home defense shotgun or better yet a CCW. You have an absolute right to protect yourself and your sister...especially in your home.

Good luck.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I don't know how old your sister is, but young people usually are the ones that are more trusting of social media and dating sites. They are not the only ones that have potentially dangerous encounters while using the dating sites. POF doesn't rate as high in my personal experience as Craig's List, FB, Sugar Daddies, Snap Chat, and Instagram.

Over 80% of all the cases that I have been involved with over the last year, has involved a social media site in one form or another. They have to be used with great caution, and trusting someone you have only communicated with through a virtual medium, is taking a huge risk. That goes for men and women. Old and young.

It is wise that the police have been contacted. Most departments have a Cyber Crime division so they can be on top of this guy if he does anything stupid.
edit on 25-5-2018 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: I accidentally posted before completing.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Good on you for looking out for family.

You may want to see what you can find out about your sister using solely the information she gave the guy. See what he could find out using average effort and skill.
The most probable bad thing that happens is anything your sister sent him gets posted on the web.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Too bad you can't just go and have a man to man with him, Those days are gone.
All you can is hope it does not get confrontational.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
So about 2 hours ago my little sister came to my house and I wasn’t home at the time but she has a key. I had 5 missed calls from her in the span of 20 minutes. When I noticed that my cell had many missed calls I called her back. She told me she was at my house and scared of some random guy threatening her and her family. I immediately left what I was doing and came home. I asked her to give me all the details and to leave nothing out and show me the conversation she had with him.
She reluctantly did so considering there are some sexual details involved. So she was talking to this guy on a app POF. He and her were talking dirty and then he wanted to meet her but she said no. Then two days later he asked again to meet up and she declines to do so. Then he said he would rather die than to not meet her. She was concerned and alerted the police. After they made contact he sent her a text (and yes they exchanged phone numbers). He said he would get her back more than what she did to him.
Now I do not know this person or what he is capable of but I asked my sister to stay with me because my divorced parents have zero defense. And she has her own room at my house as a mean to get away. She is safe here and I called a good friend in the local police to help keep an eye out of my home. But I can’t help but think about this guy showing up and what I would do if he did. I hope it does not come to that but lord if it did please pray for me and him.

Never meet up or give any hints as to where you are and places you go.

POF should be called POS. People need to meet people sure... But online is dangerous. People are too trusting of faceless people these days.

Take care.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Find out the guys name from the police and make sure the gun is loaded in case he shows up. The cops will not get there in time if the guy does carry out his threats. Send the threat texts to the cops too. Ask them if maybe a gun would be a good idea to keep handy in case.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

They the police are looking into this right now. And yes I always have one loaded just in case in my home. And my Great Pyrenees is always on guard. If someone tried to enter my home they better have brought backup. Hell I sleep with a big knife under my pillow and my main set of throwing knifes next to me. And I don’t miss with those.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Number one: that is world-class big-brothering.

Number two: my own little sister ran into of a couple of loonies on that same app a few years ago. I'd love to be able to tell you that they are all exactly the same, and this guy will find someone or something new to obsess over in a couple of days and forget about her. But I don't think you'd believe me even if I were stupid enough to believe it myself. She needs to show the police exactly what he messaged her after they contacted him initially. That may be enough for a protection order.
Also, keep the police informed of anything new, instantly, and stay vigilant.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

They the police are looking into this right now. And yes I always have one loaded just in case in my home. And my Great Pyrenees is always on guard. If someone tried to enter my home they better have brought backup. Hell I sleep with a big knife under my pillow and my main set of throwing knifes next to me. And I don’t miss with those.

Ameeeerrricaaa, Ameeerica!

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

cameras

that and a cheap hard drive will be enough to keep an eye on things outside.

I sincerely hope you don't get hurt or have to hurt anyone. Good luck and way to go looking out for family.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

If you have his real info...go see him...tell him you are concerned that he is a nutbar who might back up his threats and that you feel the need to personally hear him say that he did not mean to follow through on the stated threats and that there would be no further threats made....simply because you are a nervous kind of guy who tends to overreact and who also has been in anger management for the last ten years ever since you got out of Jail......be nice about it....then if he goes off on you...wait for a legally supported moment and do what needs to be done to ensure the safety and well being of the person you love....love does that you know...drives people to do crazy things to defend others....you simply have to love your sister more than this guy loves tormenting her....that should be an easy win for you right.

join