It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Exclusive, Women accuse Morgan Freeman of inappropriate behavior, harassment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The PoundMeToo movement takes down another American cultural icon...

At some point, adults need to step up and take responsibility for their own situation. This isn't the Cosby scenario in which Freeman drugged or raped anyone, it's an old man being a dirty old man, touchy grabby, "inappropriate" comments, etc. A swatting of the hand followed by a stern "Mr. Freeman! Keep it to yourself" or "Mr. Freeman, how dare you?" was all that was appropriate or needed here. Then, if adverse impacts to the females' employment status or treatment was observed, escalate things to the courts. This "years later I'm going to tell a reporter you wanted to PoundMeToo" nonsense is simply ridiculous. Make no mistake, if you're an attractive female, nice body, sweet personality, and wear revealing clothes or are a flirt, guess what? We males have sexual thoughts about you and some may even proposition you!!! It is called biology. Not a damn thing wrong with letting a woman know you're interested until it has been made clear the attraction isn't a two way street and the come ons are unwanted.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Is a run-of-the-mill sexual advance, and acceptable as a consequence of existence, you need to re-examine yourself.

wtf does that even mean?

Have you ever heard of the birds and the bees?

li·bi·do
ləˈbēdō/Submit
noun
sexual desire.
"loss of libido"
synonyms: sex drive, sexual appetite; More
PSYCHOANALYSIS
the energy of the sexual drive as a component of the life instinct.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This isn’t really a political story and I am not sure why some are treating as such. If he did it then he needs to be punished, but my issue is still that people are being prosecuted in the media with no evidence. This needs to stop.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Women dress attractively and then get mad when men admire them...

Maybe Islam had the right idea with burkas...

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: VegHead
Second... seriously? This sounds like run-of-the-mill unwanted sexual advances. That's life and not a opportunity for a lawsuit or victimhood.

While I doubt there will ever be an end to people making sexual comments towards one another; if you think

In one incident, she said, Freeman "kept trying to lift up my skirt and asking if I was wearing underwear." He never successfully lifted her skirt, she said -- he would touch it and try to lift it, she would move away, and then he'd try again.

Is a run-of-the-mill sexual advance, and acceptable as a consequence of existence, you need to re-examine yourself.

Have you ever read what the current president has been accused of? Clinton? JFK?

Now if there is some proof sure...it's a bit overboard. Though he never did succeed.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

wtf does that even mean?

Have you ever heard of the birds and the bees?

li·bi·do
ləˈbēdō/Submit
noun
sexual desire.
"loss of libido"
synonyms: sex drive, sexual appetite; More
PSYCHOANALYSIS
the energy of the sexual drive as a component of the life instinct.

In what #ing way is following a woman around and repeatedly attempting to lift her skirt and asking if she’s wearing underwear a run-of-the-mill sexual advance?
What Neanderthal taught you how to interact with women?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Must be hard wanting everything and nothing simultaneously.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'm running out of older black men to look up to.

Whos next, Neal DeGrasse Tyson accused of fondling Uranus?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

That was super offensive to Neanderthals. We are generally quite caring and respectful of women. You homo (sapiens) are the aggressors, as evidenced by your near extinction of us...

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

It's not like he just went up and grabbed them by the +#!!×
edit on 24-5-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: NorthernLites

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

NOT MORGAN FREEMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who is next Gandhi?

I wonder if this is another... "he wanted sex, and I didn't so I just gave him a blowjob, but it made me cry, and then he did the same thing again the next 10 times we dated" thing?

edit on 24-5-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

It's not like he just went up and grabbed them by the +#!!×

Or even voiced he would like to grab them by the +#!!x

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: VegHead
Second... seriously? This sounds like run-of-the-mill unwanted sexual advances. That's life and not a opportunity for a lawsuit or victimhood.

While I doubt there will ever be an end to people making sexual comments towards one another; if you think

In one incident, she said, Freeman "kept trying to lift up my skirt and asking if I was wearing underwear." He never successfully lifted her skirt, she said -- he would touch it and try to lift it, she would move away, and then he'd try again.

Have you ever read what the current president has been accused of? Clinton? JFK?

Now if there is some proof sure...it's a bit overboard. Though he never did succeed.

Since I’m not looking for him to be crucified, literally only pointed out that a grown man literally trying to lift a woman’s skirt is not really a normal sexual advance, I’m not sure what the relevance of:
1) the severity of other womanizers transgressions are
2) his success is.

Normalizing behavior that clearly crosses a line is the problem, all the hyperbole about feminazis aside - this is the toxic sexual atmosphere that’s a problem. That anyone thinks this might be acceptable, or that not saying something I’d the same as consenting to it, and therefore not sexual harassment.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

now you pretend i am morgan freeman

very slick

some people are in need of reality

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Wait a minute are you taking the biology, evolutionary hormone excuse? Women should be able to wear no underwear and short skirts without being noticed....only the guys they want to have look at them are appropriate.

Personally I wear clothes where my unit is perfectly outlined and then file lawsuits whenevery the wrong person looks at me.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

That was super offensive to Neanderthals. We are generally quite caring and respectful of women. You homo (sapiens) are the aggressors, as evidenced by your near extinction of us...

Sorry, those old geico commercials didn’t rub off on me, I don’t care enough about cavemen. :p

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Sure only I didn't see any proof that happened or in what context. Was everyone coked up and playing around? Now her career sucks?

I have no information and the msm sucks. If he is guilty then sure he is a stage 2 perv.
edit on 24-5-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

this is the toxic sexual atmosphere that’s a problem

the only toxic atmosphere is the one being created by fake outrage over an event that is teenage like and has no place in the normal day to day

some actor once apon a time lifted a skirt and suddenly we live in a toxic atmosphere

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Pretty stunning, huh !
He is The voice of God,
and reachy-outy-stuff after all
Wow

Real life is more stunning than ATS sometimes
Who's next up for the chop ?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

now you pretend i am morgan freeman

very slick

some people are in need of reality

You cited the dictionary definition of libido in defense of what freeman allegedly did (the specific instance I quoted); treating is “run of the mill” because what, a man has a libido? If you’ve got a point to make you’re as clear as mud, and now you’re twisting what I said to paint yourself a victim.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join