It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Exclusive, Women accuse Morgan Freeman of inappropriate behavior, harassment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That is my point. If we don't assume trump is a predator I don't think this is now a sure sign either.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
I'm running out of older black men to look up to.

Whos next, Neal DeGrasse Tyson accused of fondling Uranus?

Amazingly, one of the more "edgy" older black actors/celebrities have seemingly been the most well behaved socially. To my knowledge, nobody has ever accused Samuel L Jackson of anything. That said, it's folly to put faith in any human beings because everyone is imperfect. This underscores that fact. There is a very short list of famous individuals who would truly shock me to hear allegations of sexual misconduct made against (and Cosby was on that list)... I'm talking men like Tom Hanks, Tim Tebow, Keanu Reeves, Hugh Jackman... the list is far too short.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: eNumbra

Sure only I didn't see any proof that happened or in what context. Was everyone coked up and playing around? Now her career sucks?

I have no information and the msm sucks. If he is guilty then sure he is a stage 2 perv.

Which is why we’re waiting. The story just broke.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Since I’m not looking for him to be crucified, literally only pointed out that a grown man literally trying to lift a woman’s skirt is not really a normal sexual advance, I’m not sure what the relevance of:
1) the severity of other womanizers transgressions are
2) his success is.

Normalizing behavior that clearly crosses a line is the problem, all the hyperbole about feminazis aside - this is the toxic sexual atmosphere that’s a problem. That anyone thinks this might be acceptable, or that not saying something I’d the same as consenting to it, and therefore not sexual harassment.

Hollywood shifted 50 year old norms in seconds and then reapplied these new norms back across all those 50 years. As bad as everyone might think old Harvey Weinstein was his behavior was perfectly normal a very short time ago. I'm sure he is still in a stupor wondering WTH happened... We all keep hearing about the women that say inappropriate behavior happened, but what about the 1000s of others that basically went along totally for it?

You all also noticed the new use of "inappropriate behavior"...not a criminal offence, and it is so open ended to whatever the person wants it to mean...boy are people so screwed, especially if they are rich.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

this is the toxic sexual atmosphere that’s a problem

dhas no place in the normal day to day
glad we agree on a sensible point
some actor once apon a time lifted a skirt and suddenly we live in a toxic atmosphere
the toxic atmosphere isn’t sudden, it’s existed for a long long time, that there are people here who have already written it off, fact or otherwise as not a big deal is a continuation of the problem.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Samuel L. Jackson?

The smears have already begun, theres a ton of theories that posit Mace Windu was actually a Sith Lord that infiltrated the Jedi to overthrow Palpatine and take his place. Purple Saber.

On a more serious note, I would see your list of "No Way!" actors, and raise you Mike Rowe, Mike Pence, and Mr Rodgers

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Xtrozero

That is my point. If we don't assume trump is a predator I don't think this is now a sure sign either.

I wonder who is the predator here...The rich and famous have sharks swimming around them every where they go. Can anyone not suggest that Daniels and her lawyer do not have huge canine teeth?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

some actor once apon a time lifted a skirt and suddenly we live in a toxic atmosphere
the toxic atmosphere isn’t sudden, it’s existed for a long long time, that there are people here who have already written it off, fact or otherwise as not a big deal is a continuation of the problem.

BS
The toxic atmosphere that you speak of is not real life.

THE EXCEPTION IS NOT THE RULE

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Since I’m not looking for him to be crucified, literally only pointed out that a grown man literally trying to lift a woman’s skirt is not really a normal sexual advance, I’m not sure what the relevance of:
1) the severity of other womanizers transgressions are
2) his success is.

Normalizing behavior that clearly crosses a line is the problem, all the hyperbole about feminazis aside - this is the toxic sexual atmosphere that’s a problem. That anyone thinks this might be acceptable, or that not saying something I’d the same as consenting to it, and therefore not sexual harassment.

Hollywood shifted 50 year old norms in seconds and then reapplied these new norms back across all those 50 years. As bad as everyone might think old Harvey Weinstein was his behavior was perfectly normal a very short time ago. I'm sure he is still in a stupor wondering WTH happened... We all keep hearing about the women that say inappropriate behavior happened, but what about the 1000s of others that basically went along totally for it?

You all also noticed the new use of "inappropriate behavior"...not a criminal offence, and it is so open ended to whatever the person wants it to mean...boy are people so screwed, especially if they are rich.

Yeah Harveys probably got an awful case of whiplash. The speed at which things are changing could pose a problem, the eagerness to make sure that era dies can lead to some serious overzealousness as could very well be the case here. But it’s obvious that society still needs to have a discussion about what is and isn’t acceptable behavior.

Aside: company recently had its yearly sexual harassment training meeting; I was astounded by the things people still needed to be told was unacceptable, and how recently some blatantly awful instances occurred.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Nooooooooh way
Jules !?!

Double "no waaaaaaay burger with cheese" :

I'm talking men like Tom Hanks, Tim Tebow, Keanu Reeves, Hugh Jackman
... the list is far too short

No Tom Cruse
oof

Nooo
You're not saving the best till last, surely !?

edit on 24-5-2018 by Cassi3l because: Arny, Stalone ... not Chuck Norris !?! noooooooo

edit on 24-5-2018 by Cassi3l because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I bet that at some point most of us were just unwanted sexual advances.

Imagine that.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Jesus Christ.
Now this is getting to be too much.
Harvey winestein sure, but when you start pointing fingers at lovable and cherished household names such as Bill Cosby and Morgan Freeman...
Nope, not believing it.

Liar who're liar who're!!
Pants on fire!
(intentionally spelt the way it is)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
To my knowledge, nobody has ever accused Samuel L Jackson of anything.

That better not happen, I'd never be able to drink his beer again and enjoy it if that were the case.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Ya but back then people didn't consider themselves all victims.
People weren't all trying to jump on board the cause of the week train.
I chalk it up to attention grabbing....no matter how conclusive the evidence is!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

BS
The toxic atmosphere that you speak of is not real life.

THE EXCEPTION IS NOT THE RULE

Do you think Weinstein was the only one doing it? That Hollywood is the only industry in which this was prevalent? Or that this isn’t just a piece of a whole?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

what did winestine do?

all i hear is a bunch of bitter women wishing they would not have givin him the booty

do you understand what consensual rape is?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

When the woman went to police and told them she was not comfortable around winestine and in turn they sent her into a situation where she was supposed to only show up if she was down for sex. He specifically told her that if she met him the next day it would be for sex. So some genius cop decides to send her to his private hotel room to try to get him on tape.Very stupid police. I do not blame him for that nor do i blame her either cause she even told the police she did not want to go to his room.

You all lump every sexual action and advance in together with this harvey person and cosby. Roofie by choice is not a roofie.

If i give you a pill and we are on a date and tell you that if you take it will make you sleepy and sex will be better and then you come to my house and take the pill from my hand then you clearly are asking for it.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Freeman was one of the most prolific workers in Hollywood, he's probably done now.
Retired

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
So long as women can get money and fame by making accusations this will continue.
If they have to start paying when they can't prove it then it will stop.
And not one minute before.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals
Tut tut

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join