It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35 combat deput

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Israel has never been shy about putting new equipment to use right away.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

edit on 23-5-2018 by Kkintekk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flipper35

Yea sure… NEVER SHY about!..! % 99.9 is LIE about, and the rests is LIE too..! Come’on people…!! Jesus….

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kkintekk

And you have proof beyond your say so, right?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kkintekk

Citation, please.

I'm not a noted Israel fan, but...

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Why fly with lens lens on if doing a mission ?
twitter.com...

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Slys13

If they're lenses they weren't doing an actual combat mission in that picture. You don't want to give a potential opponent the opportunity to get any kind of look at your aircraft when you're just flying around.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I know but i been following this on Twitter to and the is the supposed pics if it in action....how come we don't see more pics with lens on ?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Slys13

I doubt we'll see any pictures of it actually on a combat mission. If they're flying somewhere they don't need them they won't put them on.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slys13
Why fly with lens lens on if doing a mission ?
twitter.com...

Has it ever been established if the actual lenses are retractable or foldable on the F-35? Those knobs might be just radar transparent cover panels, not the actual lense.
I'm also not sure that they wouldnt fly with those lenses on a ELINT mission.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Has anyone actually been able to establish that background in the picture is indeed Beirut as opposed to downtown Tel Aviv for example? Or whether there is reasonable grounds to show that it may be a photo shopped image? It seems odd at first glance that the IDAF would deliberately fly over Beirut with radar targets installed.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Its definitely Beirut. Look for Beirut International Airport on the right. And they fly there with 4th Gen Jets all the time, so why not.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kkintekk

originally posted by: Flipper35

Yea sure… NEVER SHY about!..! % 99.9 is LIE about, and the rests is LIE too..! Come’on people…!! Jesus….

My dear short learned friend, please stop trolling half baked conspiracies without proof when there isn't any . It is established fact that Israel has historically and on many occasions attacked targets in surrounding countries. Whats more, they have a long history of having used brand new equipment in its very early days to effect these attacks. Why? Because it makes perfect sense on two fronts. First it is a psychological one of saying "we have advanced technology, you cant stop us". And second its a prudent measure to test out new equipment in its early years to see if it has any drastic but hidden flaws. I have no doubt that Israel lies, plenty on this forum are aware of this, and whats more we know that to an extent Israel cannot be completely trusted, the sale of the Lavi fighters secrets to China is the perfect example. BUT, that in no way means that they are lying about this operation, because if I were in their shoes that is exactly what I would do.
edit on 24-5-2018 by thebozeian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mightmight
Ok but it seems odd, unless of course that it was done with the full knowledge of the Lebanese Government. Which would explain the radar targets. For all we know the two countries may have a dialogue in the background that allows such things to happen, Middle East politics is very complex.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian
Not really. The Lebanese Government was taken over by Hezbollah - at least Israel sees it this way and its kinda true too. There is no cooperation between those countries anymore, in fact Israeli politicians frequently threaten to flatten Lebanon if Hezbollah decides to pick a fight.
The IAF is routinely operating in Lebanese air space, the Lebenese army cant do much about it (and generally doesnt care ) and Hezbollah cant afford a war with Israel at this point anyway.
So its not really surprising they flew there in a non stealth configuraton. If it was not a strike mission there is little to no reason to do so. Dont want those S400 some miles up north to get a look if it can be helped.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Those are transponders. They put those on when flying non combat missions.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

I've also seem them identified as EW emitters. I've seen a few pics of them without them on though so it's easier to believe Lunenburg Reflectors.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I dont know the specifics of what or how they work.....we just put them on when flying local sorties so civilian atc's can talk to them. Its been awhile but i thought there were 4 in total.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

They're basically just bits of metal that stick out at angles. They have two on top and two underneath.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Really? An actual Luneburg Lense is supposed to look like this: www.qualifiedrapidproducts.com...
I dont think 4 metal knobs would have that much Impact.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join