It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very spooky holographic plane hovering immobile over freeway/motorway in UK

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I've seen 787s showing supersonic, and Cessnas reading negative. Ground speed is fun.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
That video has a rather small looking passenger jet. It looks like its hanging from the highway light post and is only twice the lengths of the lightpost horizontal arm.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: samuelsson

The slowest a plane can fly is the stall speed, but air and ground speed are 2 different things.

So a plane that stalls at 60 mph can move at 0 mph ground speed, if there is a 60 mph headwind.

There is a really good example in the second video, I think, of the guy pulling the banner.

He stays in place, those guys will use their headwind to stay in place as long as possible so people can read the advertising.

I always watch them on the beach down here, it's awesome.

Having said that that first video is very weird..damn idk how to explain that one.

Very cool.

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: Typo

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Zaph, what's your take on the first video?

That didn't look right. Cgi?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

No, it's an optical illusion. It's a combination of low ground speed on the part of the plane, and high ground speed on the part of the car. The car is moving towards the plane fast enough that it appears to stay in the same spot. It's a really cool illusion, but that's all it is.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I used the US terminology alongside the UK terminology so that the majority of members of this site (US citizens) wouldn't be confused by my UK terms. To clarify folks, in the UK we call freeways 'motorways', and we call exit ramps 'junctions'. Access ramps we call 'slip roads'.

Fail attempt to call BS on the thread buddy, sorry.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The stock-still, silent jumbo jet parked in mid-air 400m from the vehicle persisted in its 'illusion' not only when we were approaching it from a head-on position (which might otherwise be a good explanation) - the 'illusion' persisted while we drove 90' perpendicular to it. Additionally, there was ZERO noise, and this is 100% NOT a flight path which has EVER been used in the thirty years I've lived in this area. I live under a nearby flight path, and we have a local international airport (Manchester), but the location (& the involved orientation) of the 'plane' event was such that I can say with absolute confidence that the inferred 'flight path' has NEVER been used for any inbound or outbound flights. One thing I didn't mention in the OP was the altitude, which I would estimate as a bit less than 1000 feet. This thing was up close & personal - it was silent, and motionless. It gave me a very 'spooked' feeling - that feeling one gets when an utter impossibility unfolds before your eyes, and you know it has implications which you can't even begin to grasp.

I don't doubt that this event was some sort of illusion - but it certainly wasn't the sort which you were referring to. Illusory technology is my honest conclusion, and this sort of thing is probably easy to create with something the size of a black box recorder mounted on a lamp-post these days.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Any kind of hologram technology, no matter how advanced, needs a medium to be broadcast onto. You can't just broadcast it into blue sky and have it look perfectly solid from every angle. The technologyjust doesn't exist (and that's after many long chats with people that would at least have an inkling if it did, and would have said it was at least possible).

But I'm not going to sit here arguing page after page. Nothing I say will ever convince you of anything but a hologram, so I'm not going to bother beyond this post.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: samuelsson

originally posted by: underwerks
I see this all the time. Depending on where you’re viewing the airplane from sometimes they look they’re almost standing still. Especially if you’re going in the opposite direction.

The first video. Can a plane fly that slow without stalling and crashing?

Whats the slowest a large airplane can fly at?

110 knots.....747 145 knots over the threshold anyway

these boys were near the ocean breeze, huh!

a good breeze will take away the noise
edit on 20-5-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You can see it clear the overpass, so time passed. Both momentum's kinda cancel each other out, and it's a big plane apparently just taking off. Really nothing out of the ordinary here.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

sorry we do we just call them motorways over here numbered M1 to M898 altho not a wide in the median
as a freeway in the states they serve the same function.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It's an optical illusion.

Their are multiple examples of optical illusions out there.
My guess is the same type of people that believe in the Mandela Effect will refuse to believe this is anything but a hologram or something alien.

Occam is your friend.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

That 3rd video, if real, is CRAZY! Won't be long till we have Star Trek Holo-decks.

edit on 20-5-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
that is a know effect caused by the parallax, there are a bunch of videos explaining it in youtube

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
That video has a rather small looking passenger jet. It looks like its hanging from the highway light post and is only twice the lengths of the lightpost horizontal arm.

I also noticed that it looks like it's attached to that pole, on at least the wing nearest the filmer.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

It was a Dr Who episode in series 9, "The Magicians Apprentice", I think.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Did everyone else in the car see the same thing?

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I've seen planes appear to hover quite a few times while working at an airport. Then the planes would land and I would unload the cargo. If it was a hologram then what was doing I those days?
edit on 21-5-2018 by fyredansyr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Ok, MOTORways, then. Happy, now? And there are quite definitely entrance and exit ramps. Even with thousands of roundabouts, you DO still have to get on and off the MOTORways.

Er, the UK does not have exit ramps to get on/off motorways. We have slip roads.

To topic. If this airliner was a giant holographic projection, then for what purpose. I expect more people would have reported it being turned off.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
yes

that's just it...i think it was a triple seven....throws everything visual off with a good breeze...it was higher and further....the very first time a 747 flew in Seattle it was hanging on a rope....just hanging apparent

i should announce....i believe in ufo activity having been run over by the 400 foot cigar......well, i got better
edit on 21-5-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

maybe jussa A320
edit on 21-5-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join