It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hope and Change for the left.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Just one little point, here...

originally posted by: network dude
Yes. Make the path to citizenship easier, and make the laws enforceable, and our borders more secure to illegal entry. If you want to come here, do it the right way, our forefathers did.

... anyone who's seriously into genealogy can tell you that a lot of our ancestors came here illegally. My Scottish great-grandfather never became a US citizen though he availed himself of all the services of the time. Some of my ancestors were deported from Scotland during the "removes" (basically just shipped to the US.)

Here in Texas, my husband's families just moved onto land that had been owned or used by the original Native Americans (and those had been rounded up and had Christianity forced on them and their property and lands taken from them.)

So the "...as our forefathers did" is actually a weak point, just FYI.

And at one point, all non-whites weren't considered eligible for citizenship. No matter where they were born.

For a bullet-point list of immigration laws (and really problematical ones) of the US, see this Wikpedia article The laws you think of as "our forefathers'" actually didn't come into effect until after 1900.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Are you for, or against immigration laws protecting our borders?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join