It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gina Haspel confirmed as CIA director, first woman to lead agency

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It's about time! Women have always been the sneakier of the two sexes anyways.

edit on 17-5-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
I don't give a flying flip what race, sex or sexual preference the head of the CIA is, but if they can't give a clear answer to the question of if torture is immoral, they deserve to be thrown in the Potomac with weights around their ankles.
She condones torture, so she's unfit to be there.
I await the usual slings and arrows from idiots who think that torture somehow 'works'.

I'd guarantee we have saved more lives by torturing known terrorists and killers than giving them hugs!

Aaaaand we have the usual idiocy!
I'm not saying 'hug a terrorist'. I'm saying that torture doesn't bloody work. It's never worked. But then at least you get a point for calling it 'torture' instead of the weasel-words of 'enhanced interrogation'. It's torture. It does not work, because people will confess to anything, even being Mickey Mouse, to get it to stop. Intelligence professionals don't torture. It's unreliable and does not lead to actionable, reliable, information.
Life is not an episode of '24'.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It looks like the USA finally has a President who does not let gender, race or sexuality stand in people's way. Every citizen has an equal opportunity, as it should be.
Congratulations to Gina Haspel and also to the President.

edit on 17/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I don't give a flying flip what race, sex or sexual preference the head of the CIA is, but if they can't give a clear answer to the question of if torture is immoral, they deserve to be thrown in the Potomac with weights around their ankles.
I await the usual slings and arrows from idiots who think that torture somehow 'works'.

Terrorists are sub-human so being humane is rather moot.
Torture of terrorists should be celebrated.
edit on 17/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I'd guarantee we have saved more lives by torturing known terrorists and killers than giving them hugs!

And I’d guarantee you’re wrong. Very little usable intel is gained from torturing someone. They either say anything they think the interrogators want to hear or give up useless out of date intel to give the illusion of cooperation. And no matter what anyone says, the only people who think waterboarding isn’t torture are those that haven’t experienced it first hand.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I await the usual slings and arrows from idiots who think waterboarding is torture.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Have you ever experienced it? It’s not an afternoon at 6 Flags by any measure.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I'm reposting this as an example of the utmost idiocy.
Anyone who thinks that torture should be celebrated in any way, shape or form is either a troll or does not understand the concept behind the word.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Anyone who thinks that torture should be celebrated in any way, shape or form is either a troll or does not understand the concept behind the word.

I couldn't care less if sub-humans are tortured, and yes it's cause for a massive celebration if that torture leads to saved lives of actual humans. Obviously.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

I await the usual slings and arrows from idiots who think waterboarding is torture.

Really? Try it and then get back to us all.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Personally I don’t think it happened I believe that it was just used as a stunt so that it could help get his reelection and that’s just my view. You would think that if it was really Osama that was killed there would be tons of video and photographic evidence that would be championed around for the rest of America to see, especially for the history books.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I couldn't care less if sub-humans are tortured, and yes it's cause for a massive celebration if that torture leads to saved lives of actual humans. Obviously.

Let's break down this fascinatingly insane and incoherent post. First, you are not qualified to define the definition of what counts as 'sub-human'. No-one is. One man's 'terrorists' is another man's 'freedom fighters', so you need to be far more precise in your terminology.
Second, anyone who thinks that that 'sub-humans' even exist needs a lesson in basic biology. And then morals. And then IQ.
Thirdly, you seem to think that torture - thanks for calling it what it is by the way! - leads to meaningful, actionable, intelligence. It does not. Therefore it's insane to praise it.
edit on 17-5-2018 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

(post by crtrvt removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

But it doesn't kill you, hurt you, or permanently damage you in any way. I would rather be waterboarded than ride on a six flags roller coaster. That's torture to me.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

But it doesn't kill you, hurt you, or permanently damage you in any way. I would rather be waterboarded than ride on a six flags roller coaster. That's torture to me.

So mental damage doesn't count?
(Facepalm)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

(Facepalm)

Could we please get back on topic?

This isn't the MudPit.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

(Facepalm)

Could we please get back on topic?

This isn't the MudPit.

This is the correct topic. She does not think that torture is immoral. She is not fit for the position.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Please stay on topic as well.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

LOL - the CIA are the nest of the warpigs - that festering slop has caused more domestic and international mayhem than you've had hot meals, but all of a sudden, Haspel is a torturous manwoman unlike anything yanks have ever seen????

#in spare me the drama - you could substitute her in that cartoon with about 10000 other politicians and warpigs who've signed off or condoned torture methods since the agencies inception.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Hillary is traveling and telling the world that women need to be given fair consideration, when it comes to promotions. But Not a peep out of this evil woman about Gina Haspel as the first female CIA Director.

Once Gina gets her on a water board she will talk....trust me...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join