It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola arrives in city of 1+ million people

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
As you have probably heard, a few weeks ago there was an ebola outbreak in the DRC. One of the good things about ebola, if you can call it a good thing, is that it kills so quickly the disease doesn't often get a chance to spread very far. Unfortunately this time the disease has reached an urban center, a city of more than 1 million people. The WHO is watching this very closely since the spread of the disease could easily overwhelm any potential response made by the organisation in these conditions.

“Confirmation of urban #Ebola in #DRC is a game changer in this outbreak - the challenge just got much much tougher,” the World Health Organization’s emergencies chief, Dr. Peter Salama, said on Twitter.

link

There have been 44 cases reported so far in this outbreak with 23 deaths. 514 people who are thought to have been in close contact with infected people are now being watched.

This outbreak began in Bikoro, a rural area approximately 150 km from Mbandaka, the Capital city of Northwestern Equateur Province. Mbandaka is densely populated with roughly 1.2 million people and lies on the Congo river at the main crossroads of the province. Downstream from Mbandaka on the Congo river is Kinshasa, Congo's capital, with approximately 10 million people.

I will post updates from the WHO as they become available.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
BatBurgers are dangerous unless fully cooked 🚬

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Keep it over there Lord, Keep it over there...

Famine and disease Lord, Keep it over there....

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
That's the Lick.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

How unfortunate that the cure mysteriously disappeared..like it was a cookie recipe

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Depopulation agenda being pushed as we speak.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

People have been saying that for decades, and yet, here we still are.

Lol.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Lol.

I think sooner or later someone will get it right. Its just the timing...

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

"I will post updates from the WHO as they become available."

Please do.....this is all quite interesting and concerning as well.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthernLites
Shouldn't it be more like "Lord, save any poor soul who has the misfortune to be exposed to any danger, and bless them with mercy to spare their suffering if they should succumb.." or something like that??

Eh, maybe th zombie Apocalypse is neigh??

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

That's a very selfish sentiment.
Shouldn't all the world's population suffer equally?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: Jefferton

Lol.

I think sooner or later someone will get it right. Its just the timing...

That kind of thinking is exactly why this place is flooded with nonsense.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The not-so-funny thing is that it spread to the capital after the WHO arrived at the Democratic Republic of Congo.

How incompetent are they?

“WHO staff were in the team that first identified the outbreak. I myself am on my way to the DRC to assess the needs first-hand,” said Dr Tedros, director-general of WHO.

Since this is a conspiracy website I'll just say it. I don't trust the WHO for a number of reasons I don't have the time to explain right now, but if you were following the recent chemical attacks in Syria and their role in it then you probably feel the same way. I think they're part of the globalists and they're playing a part on this new outbreak.

Really, how can you not hear a thing about Ebola for many years and then one day it just spreads everywhere?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Count me out of that.
My post stands for itself on how I feel.
Socialized suffering might be your thing, but it's certainly not mine.
If I wanted to suffer, I'd move to a #hole third world country.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Now there’s a new weapon to fight Ebola. Health officials will for the first time use a promising experimental vaccine against an outbreak in the DRC. “This could be a real paradigm shift in how we respond to Ebola,” says Dr. Peter Salama, the World Health Organization (WHO) deputy director general of emergency preparedness and response. The DRC Health Ministry says vaccination will start as early as this weekend. If the vaccine successfully halts the outbreak, it could change how the world fights Ebola, and alleviate fear of the horrific disease. On May 8, WHO announced that two Ebola cases have been confirmed in the DRC. As of Monday, a total of 39 possible cases had been reported, including 19 deaths. During an outbreak in the DRC last year, the country approved use of the experimental vaccine, known as rVSV-ZEBOV, but the outbreak was contained before the vaccine could be used. Since the vaccine is still not licensed, it will be given on the grounds of “compassionate use” to willing participants. A first batch of 4,000 doses of the vaccine arrived Wednesday and another 4,000 doses are on the way. The drug company that owns the vaccine, Merck, is donating all the doses, according to a spokeswoman. Merck has an additional 300,000 doses stockpiled in the US.

www.motherjones.com... ment/2018/05/a-promising-new-ebola-vaccine-is-about-to-be-put-to-the-test/

Merck stands to make a few $ then....

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthernLites

originally posted by: TonyS

Count me out of that.
My post stands for itself on how I feel.
Socialized suffering might be your thing, but it's certainly not mine.
If I wanted to suffer, I'd move to a #hole third world country.

How did we luck up to have such an intelligent and charming member like yourself?
Northern lights?

Keep him in the North Lord, keep him in the North.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Ebola is tough to contain when you are working with superstitious people and a disease that tends to be asymptomatic for its incubation period and then go supernove deadly on you very quickly.

The last time they were dealing with this disease it was equally hard to deal with the native mistrust of medical personnel and procedure as it was to try to get them to alter their funeral practices which were a big factor in disease spread. Then you had people who were not sick but incubating fleeing outbreak zones to uninfected areas.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I agree with what you're implying. I don't think it's so much "Ebola arrives in" as it is "Ebola released in".

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Not to sound like an asshole, but I would have to agree with the sediment of his statement. Why in the world would anyone ANYWHERE, want everywhere to suffer, that is about as absurd logic as they come. Helping them is one thing but wanted suffering for all is asinine.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Ebola is tough to contain when you are working with superstitious people and a disease that tends to be asymptomatic for its incubation period and then go supernove deadly on you very quickly.

The last time they were dealing with this disease it was equally hard to deal with the native mistrust of medical personnel and procedure as it was to try to get them to alter their funeral practices which were a big factor in disease spread. Then you had people who were not sick but incubating fleeing outbreak zones to uninfected areas.

Literally dancing with the dead and breathing in corpse dust (spores/fungi/infected cells), what could go wrong. Shame we couldn't teach them about embalming with formaldehyde and they could disinfect and preserve the corpses at the same time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join