It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Wisconsin Officer Punches Black Youth In Face - Seriously?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Our or most major governments control the media.

Maybe once upon a time but now days, it appears our media sways our government and our people against certain government labels (i.e. republican party - PoTUS).

You may very well be correct. So I shall correct my state to by say the TPTB in that regard.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
He put his hand on the cops gun, got what he deserved.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: turbo8
He put his hand on the cops gun, got what he deserved.

yea
endless news coverage and sympathy for being black cause of whitey is priviliged

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Gonna place my bet now...

No father.
Victim mentality.
Raised by rap music.
Taught to have no respect for authority.

Same **** different toilet...

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Drop dead correct there's something wrong with the police and particularly the white cops and their police chiefs and supervisors!

The solution to this problem is as simple as it gets. White cop sees black person breaking the law? White cop calls it in and leaves the scene or surveils from afar until the police department dispatches black cops to handle the situation!

But no, the stupid white cops keep interacting with the blacks and damned near every time it turns out bad! And a big part of the problem is simply that the white cops show up! If I were a sturdy black youth and saw the opportunity to provoke a white cop you can be damn sure I'd do it.........FOR THE MONEY! For the lawsuit!

But have US Police authorities figured this out? No and why?

THEY'RE STUPID!

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

If you don't want the culpability of the police officers versus the arrestee discussed, maybe don't post this in the PC forum, which is a forum designed to discuss...well, I'll let SkepticOverlord say it best:

Now that 217 Members of Congress have decided that all US Citizens shall be treated as enemy combatants, it makes sense to launch this new forum to discuss several matters of importance. They are:

1) The unconstitutional domestic surveillance of the NSA

2) The militarization of police in the United States and around the world

3) The rise of heavy-handed or disproportionately extreme police actions

4) Conspiracies surrounding the war on drugs in the United States and the legalization of marijuana and its medically-proven benefits.

5) The US (and international) drug laws that impose disproportionate penalties

6) The incarceration society in the US and the overcrowded prisons and policies that keep them that way

So, yeah, I think that we're fine to discuss if the LEO(s) was/were out of line in what they did. I mean, it falls directly under number three.

Taking that into account, I share your apparent disdain for how the media treats these interactions, but as far as the appropriateness of the LEO's actions, we'll obviously need more information on what was going on prior to the start of the video to determine that, but from what I see in this moment in time, the punch to the face was unnecessary.

If the media is overblowing it or purposefully inserting racial undertones, it will just be par for the course, sadly enough.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Surveillance video.

Long story short: cop is trying to stop multiple subjects, two of whom have already high-stepped it to a vehicle and gotten in. Viral video dude keeps walking with officer following him. Officer tries to grab him, dude spins on him, and they get into a hugging match as the officer appears to be trying to take him to ground and dude doesn't want to go.

My guess: dude had his arm wrapped around the cop and when he pulled it back, his bags got hung up on the officer's gun and that's when the cop decked him. Whether that's accurate or not remains to be seen but either way, hard empty hand control is typically considered a reasonable response to that level of resistance.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This police officer is probably tired of the day to day chip on the shoulder of black people who now go out of their way to create racist scenarios to point fingers are regular people trying to do a job

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I personally find the video disturbing for the sheer fact it looks like a classic shakedown and beating from a 2 on 1 situation. Without comment of color the discussion should be why two officers larger than youth are not trained to submit a smaller opponent...particularly one that is already restrained.

Maybe cops need better gear to strap a floppers legs but I personally find the technique pathetic. They need better training...

edit on 15-5-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If all the headlines say the same thing people believe it to be true, and probably a trend.
Can't recall a headline about Black cop punches White teen though it's bound to have happened.
It's all to serve the racial division agenda.
No context here, the "teen" in question may have gray hair at his temples?
edit on 15-5-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It may be time for police to get a little more training as to how to deal with a situation like this.

You observe the vehicle get the plates call for back up on the vehicle and take the person you have left.

This video could be taken out of context for sure but it looks an awful lot like a gangster trying to get his money back. Throwing punches is not a very good tactical move. Particularly a looping hook. Generally controlling and keeping an opponent close is going to produce a safer result, if there is a size difference technique is even more important.

What if Rambo broke his hand and then needed to fire his weapon? It's just poor training however you look at it imo..in the moment it's tough but I would hope guys out in the world are trained better for their own good.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Yeah, I re-watched the video again after I read someone else mention that he grabbed for the gun--I wouldn't say that he grabbed for it, but it does seem like his hand or part of him does get caught on the firearm right before the cop strikes him.

If that's the case, I don't believe the officer to be in the wrong, although I'm not so certain that this is the case. I want a transcript of what the teen was saying right before the officer punched him to see if it was an emotional response rather than one based on the feeling that the teen tried to take his weapon.

Regardless, these officers were called because these people were "causing a disturbance" inside the mall, so it's not like the cops were racially profiling these guys because they were walking in a parking lot--mall security called police on them. The racial element of this story seems laughable at this point, even if "king" Rick of the Original Black Panthers claims otherwise.

"King" Rick...that's hilarious!

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
not that I condone one person holding, and another getting the punch in, but 17 seconds of video with no before to it is hard to make a decision from

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Crying race also let's people glaze over actual issues we have in the forces. Plenty of white people get smashed, illegally searched, threatened, bribed etc..

The job sucks and they simply don't get paid, screened, or trained nearly enough to deal with the shtbags out there. We always say support our cops but it's not like that means they get free tri weekly judo and bjj classes, tactical awareness training, marksmanship training etc..

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

What if Rambo broke his hand and then needed to fire his weapon?

Well, to be fair, it depends if he was hooking like a boxer or like we teach in Krav Maga, which creates a much, much smaller chance of breaking anything in the hand.

But that is a product of training, so I guess that your point about training still holds true.

I'm still on the fence as to whether I think that the punch was excessive force or not. Yes, he could have done something other than a closed-fist strike to the face, but in any event, the teen wasn't injured (or worse, killed), and now the teen is probably facing additional charges that he otherwise wouldn't be if he had just spoken to the officer(s) without being aggressive. When you attack a police officer in the process of doing their job, there is a lot of sympathy lost on my end if you get struck by the officer.

Everyone has a plan until they're punched in the face--I wonder what this teen's plan was.

ETA:

We always say support our cops but it's not like that means they get free tri weekly judo and bjj classes, tactical awareness training, marksmanship training etc..

Well, that's what I mean when I say support our cops. My martial arts instructor even reaches out to area police and first-responders all of the time, but none seem interested in reduced-price training. That is, unfortunately, indicative of a bad quality in many police officers in this area, IMO. If I had a job (like I did once) where my life could be in jeopardy on any given day, I would do everything that I could (within reason) to negate that possibility.
edit on 15-5-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
this everything and everyone is racist and that's why black people live in the most violent ghettos in the world narrative is getting very old

done with it, you own the position you are in stop committing the majority of violent crimes and people will stop seeing you as suspect it's that simple

own it, grow a little and mature and it will stop

I think it's funny because it's rarely black christian conservatives that are promoting this who also tend to be Republican

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

What if Rambo broke his hand and then needed to fire his weapon?

Well, to be fair, it depends if he was hooking like a boxer or like we teach in Krav Maga, which creates a much, much smaller chance of breaking anything in the hand.

But that is a product of training, so I guess that your point about training still holds true.

I'm still on the fence as to whether I think that the punch was excessive force or not. Yes, he could have done something other than a closed-fist strike to the face, but in any event, the teen wasn't injured (or worse, killed), and now the teen is probably facing additional charges that he otherwise wouldn't be if he had just spoken to the officer(s) without being aggressive. When you attack a police officer in the process of doing their job, there is a lot of sympathy lost on my end if you get struck by the officer.

Everyone has a plan until they're punched in the face--I wonder what this teen's plan was.

Lol that is true. Unless you have been punched in the face as much as we probably have. Then you may smile a little.

Looking at his technique it's not great. The perp happened to say be trained (you have no idea anymore) lowers his head you punch the crown and break a finger. You miss all together now your hip and weapon are exposed. A hook with the bat belt isn't a great move iMO. I am less concerned with the perp it's just not a great thing for cops to be reflexes it doing imo.

Edit

I don't think cops should be trained to fight or box. Small open hand strait strikes to get a grip or reaction for a set up but striking is too unpredictable in terms of probability imo unless your intent is to put someone down and hurt them.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I don't think it's a full on attempt at grabbing the gun, that's for certain. I think the bags got caught between the cop's body and the grip is all. Nothing I've seen makes it look like an intentional act.

Agreed on all other points. This cop didn't just pull up and randomly start harassing them because they were black, and the words of all parties before the strike would help immensely.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

It is by now so blatantly obvious that the MSM has an agenda of racial division.Notably to keep up the narrative of evil white oppressors and poor always-innocent black and other ethnicity oppressed. If the cop and arrested person were both white or both black,we would not have heard a word of this. If the cop had been black and the arrested person white,we would not have heard a word about this.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Lol that is true. Unless you have been punched in the face as much as we probably have. Then you may smile a little.

Well, I certainly wouldn't yell, "Call my momma!"

I don't think cops should be trained to fight or box. Small open hand strait strikes to get a grip or reaction for a set up but striking is too unpredictable in terms of probability imo unless your intent is to put someone down and hurt them.

I don't think that it should be the core of their training, but it should still be a part of it, because as much as striking can be unpredictable, so is the chaos of a fight, so having a basic understanding of simple striking would be a good thing. But with that training needs to come the understanding that it can easily escalate into excessive force. Like you said--it's a tough job.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join