It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Congress Wants To Spend Millions Searching For ET

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Maybe the Black Op/Shadow Government wants the public to believe, that our military jets aren't chasing and recording video footage of "alien" craft. Once again, our government is attempting to misdirect the public's perception that their government has knowledge, including possession of extraterrestrial craft. What better way than funneling money into the SETI program? While researchers and scientists search the universe for signs of an alien presence, our government can continue to hide the real truth, that alien contact has already been established.

Alien shocker: Congress wants to spend millions searching for ET

Now, the U.S. House of Representatives has proposed a bill that includes $10 million in NASA funding for the next two years "to search for technosignatures, such as radio transmissions, in order to meet the NASA objective to search for life's origin, evolution, distribution, and future in the universe." Such technosignatures would come in the form of radio waves that have the telltale features of being produced by TV- or radio-type technologies. An intelligent civilization could also produce those signals intentionally to communicate with other civilizations like ours.

If the legislation clears the House and passes the Senate, the result would be huge. "It allows for new instrumentation to be built, and data collected and analyzed at scale, by a global community," Tarter said of the $10 million.

Are alien greetings just around the corner? Tarter said we have the technology now to search for more distant and fainter signals in ways we haven't tried before. "But that doesn't guarantee success in the 'near future.' The cosmos is vast, and we may not yet be looking in the right way, although we are doing the best job possible with what we now know."

www.foxnews.com...

Lady, the "aliens" have greeted many cultures over the centuries. You want definitive proof? Ask nicely to see the alien storage facilities at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, or the many secret underground military bases around the country.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

It reminds me of the TV show Stargate where the US government covered up their Stargate program and space fleet.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The say the bill is to search for life - but they already know it's out there and are using the money for other things.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Meanwhile there are millions of REAL lives currently living in poverty in this country. 😡

What an effin joke.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Only millions? You guys are getting off cheap.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Like this bankrupted "country" has millions more to piss down the drain.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
After all the indictments on the pedo's in government, perhaps congress won't have the votes as their base gets hauled off.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hell, Hollywood spent more than that making the ET movie. They got a return on the investment though, we will get nothing much from NASA.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
That's a lot of money for a Speak-and-Spell, an umbrella, and some tin-foil.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Once again, our government is attempting to misdirect the public's perception that their government has knowledge, including possession of extraterrestrial craft.

Lady, the "aliens" have greeted many cultures over the centuries. You want definitive proof? Ask nicely to see the alien storage facilities at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, or the many secret underground military bases around the country.

You say these things as if they are proven fact, they aren't. As much as I wish they were just stating things as fact doesn't make it so. More than likely the rumours are in fact themselves convenient covers for black budget projects that need a good cover story to quash any sightings.

I for one am thrilled money is being put into SETI again, supporting the most likely way the world finds proof of ET.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

you and I are in complete agreement my friend. They have been coming here for maybe thousands of years or longer, and still are. But lately countries are outdoing each other over who has the biggest radio dish, namely China, as every one wants to be the first to make the announcement that alien life or detection of can now be verified.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

This is pure idiocy.

I've said this before-the universe is full of natural phenomena that emits low frequency radio waves and searching via low frequency radio waves is like trying to single out one person cheering at the superbowl while being blindfolded.

While we are at it let's throw ten million dollars into EVP research so we can hear the dead talk!
edit on 10-5-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Great.. but 10 mil ? that is to cheap..
And why is only US invovled in this, this should be a world wide project..

All contries should give 2% of National wealth

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
This is pure idiocy.

I've said this before-the universe is full of natural phenomena that emits low frequency radio waves and searching via low frequency radio waves is like trying to single out one person cheering at the superbowl while being blindfolded.
Nobody should understate the difficulty of detecting alien radio or television type signals. It is difficult in that many places we could search are so distant that the signals may be nearly impossible to detect above natural background noise.

However if the signal is close enough and/or powerful enough, it might be detectable above natural background in which case I hope you'll agree that "I Love Lucy" type television broadcast signals are nothing like naturally occurring electromagnetic radiation.

So it's not idiocy, but it would take some good luck to find a source close enough and powerful enough to be detected. There may not be intelligent civilizations that close to us. Maybe they exist on the other side of the galaxy where we can't detect them.

If we look, we might find something, but if we don't look, then we can't find anything.

All the ideas people have that aliens are already here are entertaining, but completely lacking in any scientific proof.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Great.. but 10 mil ? that is to cheap..
And why is only US invovled in this, this should be a world wide project..

All contries should give 2% of National wealth

I hope you are being sarcastic.

SETI has been listening for radio waves for at least a decade now and with no results. If I were to search for an alien signal i'd look just below the UV range, something that no stellar object could reproduce, but still it would be looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

IMO, we are doing too much listening and not enough looking.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

We need to listen before we can look.. to much to look at

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I guess it makes sense. Now that we have the technology to more efficiently and accurately look for aliens, it could be a very good opportunity for us to locate a more advanced civilization and potentially learn about better technologies to help us live and survive and protect the planet as much as possible.

We really could use that big leap ahead so we're not still running our civilization on burning chemicals and stringing high-voltage wires everywhere. Technologies that are over a century old. We need that paradigm shift, and aliens might be the best place to find it.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

That's where all the fancy new Artificial Intelligence comes in. There may already be signals buried in the data we've already collected but just weren't able to parse it out. Something that repeats or has structure only if you look at it over the course of years, since those danged aliens could be working on completely different time scales than us.

A few million here or there out of the billions we already spend (or lose) is a relatively cheap investment with a potentially big payoff.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZombieZygote
Meanwhile there are millions of REAL lives currently living in poverty in this country. 😡

That's not going to change by throwing a few million bucks at it. However, if we find aliens and are able to figure out their technology, that could be "so long, poverty!"

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

However if the signal is close enough and/or powerful enough, it might be detectable above natural background

I was thinking the same thing-but it would have to be pretty damn close, maybe 50 light years methinks?

IF we ever got a signal, it would be a message from the past, just like your 'I love lucy' we could be getting messages from a long dead civilization-hell we had two world wars in less than 50 years let alone the cold war. Any species that sent any messages could have died out by natural or unnatural causes, or continued to thrive and that could explain some of the encounters of the second kind.

Maybe Schrodingers' cat could come into the equation, if we do get a signal that civilization could be alive or dead.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join