It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I post my life story?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Plotus

ATS is loaded with antagonists who's single goal seems to be ...... well you can guess...

What, look in your underwear...what?

Perfect example right here..

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Glad ya' liked it!

I take it detecting humor is not your strong suit, right?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
I've got one hell of tale to tell about my early life. My stepfather was a major drug trafficker. I went from rags to riches back to rags. I'm 40 years old and the first 20 years of my life were a complete train wreck. I would like to tell my life story but I'm not sure what is acceptable on ATS. I saw more things in the first 20 years of my life then most people have in 10 lifetimes. If I told it I would like to keep it within the sites rules. I'd hate to type it all up only to get it deleted. Could I get a top 5 things to avoid while typing it? My step dad has been dead for 15 years.

If it’s that interesting, or you think it is, run it by a publisher. Maybe you can make some $$.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Glad ya' liked it!

I take it detecting humor is not your strong suit, right?

@OP: FCD's list would serve you well. Best of luck in the next 20 years.
edit on 7-5-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

If you write it for anyone/everyone to read. It will be stolen.

Write your story in a script/screenplay format, get it copyrighted, and pitch it to producers. It sounds like it would be a great TV pilot akin to Breaking Bad....

start with this....

www.celtx.com...

We should talk....all media platforms are cryin for quality content and intellectual properties can be worth big $$$. Join us!! We know people!

ps....trust no one without proper credentials and verification!!

edit on 7-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Write your story in a script/screenplay format, get it copyrighted, and pitch it to producers. It sounds like it would be a great TV pilot akin to Breaking Bad....

start with this....

www.celtx.com...

We should talk....all media platforms are cryin for quality content and intellectual properties can be worth big $$$. Join us!! We know people!

Yeah it's part of the reason I haven't posted about it anywhere. I'm worried someone would steal it. I've been plagiarized before and saw someone use one of my stories on youtube. My life story is like a cross between goodfellas and breaking bad. I've seen some really dark stuff in my life. I don't think it would fly with the mods on these boards. Part of the reason I did want to post is to see if there would be enough interest.
edit on 7-5-2018 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
As someone above my first post suggested, you make it a work of fiction technically in short stories. I have found though, the crowd here is very likely to have no idea of your references, as though every day is a new one. Is there no memory left to life's important moments, or is it only the screen of an electronic device?

I have told of historic moments, of sharing time with famous and infamous people, legends, and beyond a yawn or two, it was another ...Meh..... moment. The likes of Hendrix, Leary, Stills, Sinatra and even the late Manson. Ultimately it was my own experience and stirred little interest by others.

You might find the same reception with events you had thought newsworthy or in some way amazing enough to print. Many will read a paragraph or two and call it enough, then make comments, but some may find it riveting. I would advise going for it. If nothing else it will be placed in history, and one day in the far future it might just show up in some obscure archive that came to be known as Above Top Secret........

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

originally posted by: olaru12

start with this....

www.celtx.com...

Yeah it's part of the reason I haven't posted about it anywhere. I'm worried someone would steal it. I've been plagiarized before and saw someone use one of my stories on youtube. My life story is like a cross between goodfellas and breaking bad. I've seen some really dark stuff in my life. I don't think it would fly with the mods on these boards. Part of the reason I did want to post is to see if there would be enough interest.

It's your call but like I said, good material is in demand. Copyright everything to protect your stuff; putting it on the web is just offering it up to be knocked off.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Here on ATS, you postmark it as it were... protecting your authorship.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If it hasn't been suggested yet, type it up in Word first, and save it. That way, you don't lose anything. But yeah, run it by a mod.

I get it, when you've lived a life others would find interesting, it's fun to share those experiences. I certainly did more living as a kid than I ever did as an adult I think. Mostly due to our circumstances. I mean, as a kid, I've climbed a treacherous cliff, been face to face with a Kodiak bear, had the swords of desert nomads pointed at me, rescued a kid out of a frozen lake, walked the streets of London, and the canals of Amsterdam, etc. So I get it. As an adult? Nothing quite near that exciting.....though I've had my moments.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

By posting it on ATS you give them permission to use it and republish it how they see fit. No legitimate publisher would touch it after that.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I wouldn't. Remember there is no internet privacy.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

SO...what did you decide???

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   

SO...what did you decide???

I'm not going to post my entire story but I'll give you a bit of insight to what my life involved. My dad shot himself My 1st step dad died of an overdose my second step dad was a drug trafficker I watched my mom spend $10k a week at toys r us. multiple suicides My step brother and I were stealing $400 a day from my step dad I was spending $50k a year on drugs I stole my step dad jaguar more drug overdoses guns grenades murderers. I'm not going into detail here. I would love to tell some of my stories but it wouldn't be ats mod friendly and I don't want anyone to steal my stories either. There are no outstanding crimes or anything like that. Like I said my step dad is dead and my mom and I walked away from the situation. My mom had my step dad arrested.
edit on 8-5-2018 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

WOW...sounds like a special 90 minute episode of Miami Vice!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Here on ATS, you postmark it as it were... protecting your authorship.

That depends on many factors....Copyright law is tricky....

www.rocketlawyer.com...

I never trust any of my .screenplays/intellectual property to anyone without proper signed contracts, NDAs. notarized and witnessed.

I think anything published on ATS is property of ATS. The T&Cs spells it out quite clearly....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

check out #17 under Contributing member.

I personally don't trust any information on the interwebs about anything, by anybody, including mods or other authority figures.

It's basically a freeforall with hidden agendas, motives, rational and BS objectives.

edit on 8-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join