It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

impossible ancient engravings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
a reply to: Caver78

seriously people?
i know it has no paragraphs but its not that bad

It's pretty bad.

And again, my comment above about the effort it takes to add a paragraph: push the enter button twice. That's it.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: humanoidlord

Prepare to be disappointed again.

😂😂😂😂.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argen
Yes. Fireworks....hell, you could see by the rockets red glare that our flag was still there...

And bombs bursting in air

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Royal place parade: I do not see any church in the background of the picture you mention...

Massive central firework: it is an engraving, not representing the exact distance at which the people were.
And I have witnessed something similar: last night of the fallas of Valencia, people stand dangerously close to the fallas being put on fire.
They were as well dangerously close to exploding fireworks (and it was in 2018).
I also do not see how the air is ionized.

All in all, nice thread, looking for stuff.
But, apart from the beasts, nothing strange to me.
edit on 6/5/2018 by KarmaComa because: added text

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

1st pic is in German. My understanding, it says: fireworks, with some big (important) blokes, in 1650.

2nd pic: perspective view of the decoration and fireworks, fired from Paris city hall, in the presence of their majesties (I understand the King + Queen) for the birth of Sir the Dauphin (the prince who is next in line for the crown) on 21st Jan 1782.

3rd pic: representing fireworks and other achievements on a place called gué des Celestins and Louviers island, on Monday 2nd Sep 1613, in honour of St Louis day.

4th pic: representing fireworks and other achievements, in Paris, on the river in front of the Louvre, on Sun 25 and Thu 29 August 1613, in honour of St Louis day.

5th pic: great place of Hotel Royal des Gobelins, where skilled men have established manufacturing for the crown furniture, are erecting [something] (looks like a column) in the honour of Mr Brun, first crown painter.

6th pic: representing fireworks fired in front of Paris city hall, on 1st May 1759, to celebrate victory on allied armies in Berghen (sounds like Prussians) by the king's army, commanded by the Duke of Broglie [and then lots of names of people].

7th pic: view of the building, built on the order of [important dudes] from Paris, for the reception of the King and the Queen, with their suite, to see the fireworks fired from the Place de la Greve, on the side of the river Seine, 21 Jan 1782, to celebrate the birth of the Dauphin (the prince who is next in line for the crown) - note: same celebration as the 2nd pic.

8th pic: the public magnificent things from the parade, on the place Royale, on Thu 5 Apr 1612, and the next days.

9th pic: drawing of the magnificent things of the parade, place Royale in Paris, on 5, 6 7 Apr 1612 - note: same as 8th pic.

note: checked, yep, 6th pic is about the French victory on Prussians, in 1759.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

yes it is that bad....

Jaden

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
a reply to: Caver78

seriously people?
i know it has no paragraphs but its not that bad

Yes, it really is that hard to read.
They are excellent old engravings, not from the middle ages though.
Either copper plate or wood it takes a great deal of skill to engrave pictures such as this.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong I totally agree with your point.

I would never say I know for a fact what is depicted in those engravings because I wasn't there.

When I see old images like this a do wish I could have been there though.

Man I hope we invent past time viewing machines before I die.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

if we go by this, then the modern interpretation is wrong too, because we arent seeing trough their eyes

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

the "strap" is that thing they put in horse's heads (what are they called anyway?)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

i suggest you research anotaly fomenko, his theory is that all history is an big hoax, both ancient and modern

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

while some of these could be bonafide fireworks
the swords look like normal metal swords to me, yet they are shooting lightining! how?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

wtf people its not that bad!, i have seen way way worse at this site

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

ok ok, sigh maybe next time

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

and eletrical trickery....

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: KarmaComa

Royal place parade: I do not see any church in the background of the picture you mention...

look at the very top of the drawing where it looks to the background, there are many many "church" structures there

Massive central firework: it is an engraving, not representing the exact distance at which the people were. And I have witnessed something similar: last night of the fallas of Valencia, people stand dangerously close to the fallas being put on fire. They were as well dangerously close to exploding fireworks (and it was in 2018). I also do not see how the air is ionized.

now that a look better, there are fireworks there, as for the air ionization, just look at the strange lighted pillars

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

1st pic is in German. My understanding, it says: fireworks, with some big (important) blokes, in 1650.

there is an geat chance many stuff here was censored and there are much more than just plain old fireworks here

2nd pic: perspective view of the decoration and fireworks, fired from Paris city hall, in the presence of their majesties (I understand the King + Queen) for the birth of Sir the Dauphin (the prince who is next in line for the crown) on 21st Jan 1782.

"decoration" hmmm....

3rd pic: representing fireworks and other achievements on a place called gué des Celestins and Louviers island, on Monday 2nd Sep 1613, in honour of St Louis day. 4th pic: representing fireworks and other achievements, in Paris, on the river in front of the Louvre, on Sun 25 and Thu 29 August 1613, in honour of St Louis day.

check

5th pic: great place of Hotel Royal des Gobelins, where skilled men have established manufacturing for the crown furniture, are erecting [something] (looks like a column) in the honour of Mr Brun, first crown painter.

oops the censors where lazy on this one, "something", looks like an atmospheric eletricity capture device just like the nikola tesla ones

6th pic: representing fireworks fired in front of Paris city hall, on 1st May 1759, to celebrate victory on allied armies in Berghen (sounds like Prussians) by the king's army, commanded by the Duke of Broglie [and then lots of names of people].

check

7th pic: view of the building, built on the order of [important dudes] from Paris, for the reception of the King and the Queen, with their suite, to see the fireworks fired from the Place de la Greve, on the side of the river Seine, 21 Jan 1782, to celebrate the birth of the Dauphin (the prince who is next in line for the crown) - note: same celebration as the 2nd pic.

but where are the fireworks? i just see some (very fine) sculptures!

8th pic: the public magnificent things from the parade, on the place Royale, on Thu 5 Apr 1612, and the next days. 9th pic: drawing of the magnificent things of the parade, place Royale in Paris, on 5, 6 7 Apr 1612 - note: same as 8th pic.

magnificient on more than one sense LMAO

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

thank you very much for you work!

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

indeed it does! but what is eye-raising is the content of them

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep