It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont try to reposess a house in Ireland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
This is a Gem when the Sheriff tries to reposes a house in Ireland, he is met at the gate, and gets quoted the Constitution. After the realization that the Sheriff cant sit on the bench working for the state ,and then coming off the bench and acting as registrar, and sign a repossession order for the bank and get a nice commission for it.

edit on 3-5-2018 by anonentity because: adding

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Reposes
Reposess..
Repossess...

Meh, continue.

S&F

edit on 2-5-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I was waiting for the deputies car to explode at the end.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

As you wish

SNF
edit on Ram50318v46201800000020 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

You don't wanna fook with the Irish.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I rish I was Irish I am IIIIIrish!

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Another poor sod shouted out by people who blab on about laws they don't understand, or interpret in ways that are silly. I bet the following week the guy had his house repossessed. Towards the tail-end of this painful video was the guy attempting to justify his actions by quoting the Irish constitution and "common law", with arguments that would hold no water if he was being interviewed by a person who understood the law.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Apparently the house was taken less than a week later.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Apparently the house was taken less than a week later.
This one could get interesting. Give it some time.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Apparently he's currently in a court case with the mortgage company because they say he owes over €100,000 and he says it's closer to €30,000.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I think the whole point is that, when the Banks got into trouble the public bailed them out, now the economy is in trouble, they grab some ones home. They cant sell it because their are no buyers, the homeless guy has had his life ruined by an overseas , bank. the only one who is doing ok are the agents of the bank who are getting a commission on some ones misery. As far as Ireland goes it took years to get the British out, then they have been taken over by the EU. They should do an Iceland because its only debt which is keeping the people poor, and killing the economy. Its the same in many places if you earn 500 dollars and it all goes on rent your future is essentially stuffed.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I agree that it's a sad state of affairs when banks are being bailed out by the public, and people can't pay their mortgages, but expecting your own bail out on your mortgage won't solve anything. Only boycotting banks or a mass protest would change anything .

This man made himself seem silly by quoting laws and constitution that don't actually apply to his situation. Some people could really start a movement, but this won't be it.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

As I see it someone has to default and accept a loss. Most people in the Western world became debt slaves, because that was the way the banks and the Government designed the system to operate, for crying out loud kids paying for their own education should have been the red flag. You can write laws to protect the rich, because governments are composed of the rich or wannabe rich. In the end they become parasites where all the cash disappears into their pockets.If this isn't reason enough for some civil unrest I don't know what is.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

But no one is forcing people to get €400000 mortgages.

new topics

top topics

join